Denied [VMR Server Suggestion] Redstone Clocks

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by childersc, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. childersc

childersc Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +86
    In Game Name:
    childersc
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    VMR Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Redstone Clocks
    What are you suggesting:
    Since this is suppose to be a vanilla MC server I feel like there shouldn't be any restrictions on the redstone clocks similar to how we have them on SB. This has hindered some of our VMR's in the last few weeks due to slower clock rates and hopper rates, I am assuming hoppers were slowed down as they can be used as a clock as well? Since VMR is a relatively low user count server I would like to suggest that these be returned to their default variables.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Well, VMR is designed to be vanilla, so restricting it from such seems counter productive.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. GeorgiaMC

GeorgiaMC Former Server Admin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,975
    They were reduced due to lag, and despite there being a low user count on vmr, all it takes is 1 complex clock to lag the entire server. And yes it's vanilla minecraft but having complex redstone clocks, imo, takes away any of the effort that's required, as you can pretty much automate anything with redstone. Also, I'm not sure how disallowing it makes it counterproductive when if allowed it could literally crash the server, therefore stopping you from grinding out the items to sell; therefore allowing it seems counterproductive on your part.

Like sure they'd help you out with automating everything and if I played vmr I can see why it would be useful, but thinking about the server and other players, 1 redstone clock could cause everyone to lag and ruin their game experience let alone crash the server.

#2 GeorgiaMC, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  3. childersc

childersc Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +86
    @GeorgiaMC, if I recall isn't VMR on its own dedicated server?

To my knowledge, VMR has never affected server performance with redstone in the past. It does however make for doing things in survival vanilla a lot harder then you would if you were really in survival vanilla. I am not talking about just clocks, but even with hoppers being extremely slow in vmr makes it sometimes not worth it.

4. pokeball92870

pokeball92870 PokeManiac
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,547
    I do think that Redstone should be reverted to its vanilla properties in VMR.

Farms only remain for one week and then are destroyed by the reset. Thus, I think that the reset is a good preventative measure from any farm becoming too large that it adversely affects server performance.

Redstone is an invaluable asset to any VMR player, as automatic farms can make or break your performance for the whole week. Thus, I think that Redstone should act in its reliable and well-known fashion as to allow players to make the most out of its benefits.

ninja edit-spelling mistakes

#4 pokeball92870, Jul 14, 2018
  5. GeorgiaMC

GeorgiaMC Former Server Admin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,975
    Yes, but what I am saying is that it will lag the VMR server if everyone starts using clocks. I didn't say that it would affect main server or anything, just that the vmr server could lag and possibly crash.

Like sure if there's a way that you can ensure they vmr server won't lag with everyone using clocks that are more complicated than the ones you can currently use then yes I would support this suggestion. Only reason I am stating otherwise is purely to do with lag problems that may arise, which is what caused redstone clocks to be limited in the first place.

Currently, I believe the limit is set to a maximum of 500 signals per second. Maybe instead of uncapping it completely which would allow huge lag machines to be built maybe rising a bit the cap would be a good idea?

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    This is as far as I got, immediately scrolled down, and am denying this without reading anyone's input.
    Being straight up and blunt here to show how serious I am in keeping our redstone clock restrictions network wide.

I can use redstone clocks to lock up the entire machine on VMR in under an hour.
    Will never happen guys.

Sorry if this came off as rude, didn't want to waste time with stupid explanations and just got to the point.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #6 andrewkm, Jul 14, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.