[User Complaint] wolfspy7

Discussion in 'Complaints Archive' started by smarks15, Mar 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smarks15

smarks15 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +18
    Accused Username:
    wolfspy7
    Complaint:
    I purchased a custom build in wolftown and was later informed that I could not resell the property to my surprise weeks later. It's according to the "rules" but there are no rules posted anywhere in town nor were there any communicated to me.
    Evidence:
    Conflicting rules provided after the 47,500 dollar sale with wolfspy saying I could sell it to an individual and then him changing to say I couldn't.
    No Rules in town and none communicated.
    Owners of other properties and custom builds in town have told me how they plan on reselling the properties later.
    Wolfspy claims you cannot alter custom builds, yet all others have been modified, suggesting a universal lack of rules in town.
    Additional Information:
    Austinnnn and I have been communicating about the issue.

2. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Do you have any evidence of @wolfspy7 saying you could sell the build to whoever after your purchase from him, particularly during the purchase agreement itself?

3. smarks15

smarks15 Builder

Ratings:
    +18
    He communicated no restrictions on the house, nor are there any town rules available. It is contradictory to say that a mayor must post his town rules and have them approved and then let him make them up as he pleases without informing his residents.

4. smarks15

smarks15 Builder

Ratings:
    +18
    I cannot find any set rules by this mayor anywhere. An admin said it's the mayor's town and thus his rules, yet there are no set rules and I cannot find rules for the town anywhere.

5. smarks15

smarks15 Builder

Ratings:
    +18
    The mayor claimed that the reasoning behind not letting me sell the house is merely because it doesn't benefit him in any way. It is not based in any town rules. I have screenshot evidence of this.

6. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    "No restrictions" is a pretty vague term and can mean lots of things (Also doesn't mean anything in this case because you haven't posted any evidence of wolfspy7 saying that in the first place.) - Does he mean changing up the blocks and style of the house? etc.

The rules on that topic are as follows:

In other words, town rules must be publicly posted/explicitly agreed to by the user for staff to enforce rules on a breach of contract complaint. For example, if wolfspy7 had you agree not to steal from unlocked chests within the town and he were to then provide evidence of you violating this agreement, then yes, he'll obviously need to make town rules clear to you/show you understood the agreement and violated it for a breach of contract complaint to go forward. But regardless of what town rules say/your agreement to them, wolf would be well within his rights to evict you from your house (granted complying with the 3-day notice requirement and all that) for whatever reason. Likewise, due to the nature of selling propety in a town that you don't even own (For one, it needs the mayors full cooperation/consent with things such as adding members to the town, being on the same page with who owns what, etc.) whether the mayor chooses to allow or deny transactions in that regard is totally up to them.

In short, a mayor is within full-rights to decide what goes on in their town, whether it comes to who "owns" what, who's a member of a town, etc. without any form of "advance notice" (again, whilst in compliance with other server rules). Their town, their rules, their discretion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.