[User Complaint] Nickysan99

Discussion in 'Complaints Archive' started by HuntsmanOfWrath, Jul 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuntsmanOfWrath

HuntsmanOfWrath Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    Accused Username:
    Nickysan99
    Complaint:
    blackmail
    Evidence:
    Additional Information:
    I hired Nicky to clear out some area in my town and fill in any holes with the provided materials, and when he did more than was requested, even though i was originally i was going to pay him 5k for the original amount of work I paid him total of 7k because of the extra work that he did, but then we argued about it with me and he took the materials 5 blocks outside my town into a global area and put them in chest's and locked them and said that if I wanted my materials back than i would have to pay him even more money for them because he locked the chests where they resided. than atzall came over and helped me and paid the guy 15k to leave and unlock the chests which he than agreed, and unlocked the chests and left. (i know i need to file a separate form for this but he also tried to grief the area as seen in the screenshots.)

2. NickySan99

NickySan99 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +12
    I'm just gonna leave my statement here, so that you can hear my side of the story.

Unfortunately i did not take screenshots of the chat prior to working, I felt that most people on the server are chill and usually follow through with their word.

I was hired to flatten out Huntsman's town, there was no contract. It was more of an agreement through chat: the main idea was i clear the town to y=77 level and I would be paid 1.5k for helping and more, dependent on how much I cleared. We did not work out exactly how much more I would be paid, but I assumed it would be fair. I tried asking if I would be paid based on blocks (like how much I cleared out) or like a certain area or duration of time I worked, but I did not get an answer and in short he told me he would decide after seeing how much I cleared.

I was hired with another user, I don't remember his name but it started with: zu. He will attest to a lot of the info I provide in this statement, since they was also there. 'Zu' stopped working after like 5-10 minutes since Huntsman was no longer responding to our questions (just saw the screenshots their name was '@Zururu'). Huntsman did not tell us what to do for the holes in the town. I asked Huntsman but he was afk and didn't answer, so I did not fill them (also didn't know what block to fill them with if I were to fill it). I continued working even though Huntsman was afk or something. After about half a hour, Huntsman went offline. At this point I was scared I just worked for no reason, so I started to ask chat what I should do. There were a lot of responses which I will touch upon a little later. I continued to work for a hour, until Huntsman came back online and I was able to contact him.

I decided that it would be best for me to at least get paid my 1.5k or some amount as some what of an assurance that I would get paid in the end, and Huntsman wouldn't log out or something to get out of paying me. Huntsman refused and said that I have to 'finish' the job. The job was not defined in the beginning, it was just to help clear out the town, he did not specify that I would have to do the whole thing (kind of obvious that 1.5k for clearing a 200x200 town is a little extreme, almost to the point where it would be free labor).

The chat told me that a job like clearing would probably pay 5k-10k for a half hour of work with god tools. There were a handful of people who said that would be an 'average pay'. I figured I would get around 10-20k for the job in the end once he saw how much I cleared, obviously not guaranteed since there was no contract. Huntsman wouldn't even pay me the agreed upon 1.5k. I also asked for more than 1.5k because it would be a little outlandish to only be paid that much for working a hour (there's more profitable ways I can spend my time). He told me that he would only pay me like 5k if I cleared the whole plot. Now I'm kind of going crazy, not compensated for my hour of work so I started to put back the blocks I mined out. I figured if I'm not getting paid for my services that I will reverse what I done (like if we were trading on the ground and I dropped my item, but the person I'm trading with does not drop their item, I'm gonna pick my item back up so I don't get scammed). That was my thought process.

Finally, he did in fact pay me 7k, but that was after the fact. Once he did pay me, I removed all of the blocks I placed back. (since the 'trade' went through)

Responding to his claims:
    If he was online the whole time or monitored my work from the start, Huntsman would know that I placed those locked chests outside of his town from before I even started the job. Obviously I had to place the blocks somewhere. I haven't played since the server reset until recently last week. BUT in old jobs I used to do in 2016 I would usually give the owners the blocks (they set up chests to empty blocks into) or they would say they wouldn't care and I could keep them. It was not specified this time since there was no contract, I was planning to give them back after I was done anyways. But since he decided to not pay me, I figured I would keep them so that I would at least have some compensation for my work. I also decided to use them as leverage such that I could get paid on at least the agreed amount from the beginning.

I guess that could be considered grief, although I cleared out that whole area so I figured I'm just putting back all of the blocks that I cleared since I was not being paid for my work (basically rolling back my work). I also cleared all of the blocks I put back after I was paid.

Atzall did pay me 15k to unlock the chests. After I started complaining about Huntsman in the chat, making sure that others would know not to work for Huntman, since I basically had to argue to get my pay. (I didn't want to see Builder's or anyone who has trust/faith in the community be exploited) Atzall said he would pay me 10k to shut up. Which I thought was weird since I was just trying to warn others about this 'scam' or whatever you call taking advantage of someone else. I did not accept or ask for the 10k. I went into local chat many times to work it out but Huntsman was refusing pay and trying to tarnish my name is global (as you can see in the screenshots we both go between local and global chat) I assumed Atzall wanted to silence me or something since he either is friends with or working with Huntsman but I just ignored him. Later on he came to help negotiate on behalf of Huntsman and I accepted his deal.

Explaining screenshots:
    I did go into chat and say he scammed me, because he kind of did. I stayed calm the whole time while he was running his mouth and cursing me off.
    As you can see I stopped all my actions after I was paid (there is a screenshot where Huntsman says "i did pay you", which was after the fact/arguing with him to get paid.
    You can also see me asking global chat about my chests outside of Huntsman's town. (Impulse also pmed me saying I would have to remove them if they were for troll but I told him that I wasn't making a locked wall of chests or anything @ImpulseIV)
    I told him to pay me and I'll unlock since I wanted 3k more so that I would have a total of 10k from my hour of work (lower end of pay that I expected). I don't know if this is considered blackmail since the blocks were not owned by Huntsman, I was not told in the beginning who would keep the blocks.

Please let me know if more information is needed.

Thank you for your time.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. iSneaky

iSneaky This is a local server for local people
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,256
    Okay, first off I want to state that the language from @HuntsmanOfWrath was absolutely not needed, in the future do not call out users in global like that and direct foul language, instead, PM a staff member and we will happily come and see what is going on.

So what I am gathering from this complaint is @NickySan99 was never told what exactly needed clearing, just "Clear to y77 and they would be paid $1,500 or more, depending on the amount of work that was done. After looking at the area, it is clear Nicky did do a lot of work in the area especially with the tools given.

From what I gather @NickySan99 was not happy with the amount that was offered from the hour of work, and I've gotta be honest the offer of $5,000 to clear the area is pretty much free labour, it's fair to say @HuntsmanOfWrath you cannot expect a resident without startools to clear out an area to y77, and since at the start of the agreement, there was not a solid goal of what you wanted Nicky to do, like stated above and speaking with Nicky ingame, they were under the impression that they just needed to do as much as they could.

As for @NickySan99 replacing the blocks that they broke whilst clearing back on your town, that was completely unneeded and rather petty, there are much better ways to go about handling the situation, and as for @NickySan99 using the blocks as leverage for payment, I would need to see proof of the original agreement between both parties stating what you want doing with the blocks, as from what I am seeing from the situation, Nicky had put them in there to keep them safe whilst they were clearing,

Really what I am gathering from this complaint is both of you should probably avoid each other from now on, and from a staff point of view, there is nothing much we can really do, @HuntsmanOfWrath you cant expect a resident to clear a town to y77 then complain when the job is not done, and please keep calm when you're in this sort of situation, and @NickySan99 next time you should make sure you know exactly how much you are going to get paid, and how much work exactly you need to do to get paid, I think this should go as a learning opportunity to both of you guys, remember to have clear communication when you are hiring someone for a job/accepting work.

Take this as a warning for both of you, since the situation has already resolved ingame.

Locked - both parties warned

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.