[User Complaint] @luca_zockt

Discussion in 'Complaints Archive' started by xOMGItsBen, Jun 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xOMGItsBen

xOMGItsBen Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +5
    Accused Username:
    @luca_zockt
    Complaint:
    I was in /warp mining and saw a person standing by a hole, I went over to look and was pushed in to the hole by this person, killing me. When I respawned I teleported back there as quickly as possible to find them placing water down and going to the bottom of the hole and stealing all of my items. This happened about an hour ago. I would appreciate action being taken against them because they stole most of my best items which I have spent hours getting and am hoping to get them back. It is not legal to kill people in mining so I should be in the right.
    Evidence:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...658/Screen_Shot_2019-06-10_at_12.42.29_PM.png

This is a screenshot taken by my friend in game and it shows that luca_zockt was the person who placed the water and went down and stole my stuff.
    Additional Information:
    My perspective is that I was illegally killed and did not deserve to have my items stolen from me, I feel like this person acted in a very greedy, selfish way and believe they should at the very least return my items to me.

2. Primzey

Primzey Optimus Prim
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +133
    Good afternoon @xOMGItsBen,

Please be patient while we look into this matter.

#2 Primzey, Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  3. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Rules against PvP killing, specifically as they apply to the Mining world, are generally meant to cover more clear cut cases, such as TPing a user into lava, digging right under them knowing that what's below might kill them and similar instances. What all those cases have in common is that there's clear and malicious intent to kill and there isn't anything the victim could have reasonably done to prevent it.

A case like this is different. To clarify a question that many users have recently had about the rules, there is absolutely nothing illegal about pushing a user off the ledge. Intent is simply too hard to prove (What if was an accident?) and there's plenty you could have reasonably done to prevent something like that from happening in the first place (ie not AFK around a dangerous place or not put yourself right in front of steep holes).

In your case? I could not find sufficient evidence to prove this user pushed you over the ledge, let alone intent. The only communications about this incident that I could see where you asking about the rules regarding killing others in a non-PvP zone after the fact. The only thing you've came close to proving is that the user in question is greedy and took your items. But being greedy and picking up items off the ground isn't illegal.

My advice to you would be to avoid AFKing for long periods in dangerous areas and to stay along from long holes. There's always inherent risk with mining and steep holes are one of those risks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.