Town Plot Protections Using Priorities

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aaron_Mifsud, Aug 27, 2014.

?

Should this be part of a Mayor+ Rank?

1. Yes

16.7%
  2. No

83.3%
  1. Aaron_Mifsud

Aaron_Mifsud Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +6
    Hi All

I would like to make a suggestion for the server. Basically I currently am Mayor and own a town. The problem is that every player that joins my town must be trusted 100%, which is a hard task when it comes to peoples hard work with their constructions within the town.

It would be so much safer to build if the Mayor/Owners of the town could set regions for each plot and set the regions priority to only allow the user that is assigned that plot build rights and other flags.
    This is very much how the market shops work. they have a market region then a station region inside the market region.

The issue would be the region names. My idea is that each region created within the town must be like 'townname_newregion'.

I'm not sure how the permissions would work to stop the Mayor/Owner from defining regions outside of their town plot.

2. cainam

cainam Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +27
    While I like the idea, this has been suggested in the past and rejected. The most recent one I'm aware of is (Suggestion) Town Plot Permissions. Andrew is the last post, and unless you have a good argument for this it will be tough to get implemented.

I'm hoping I don't slaughter his position, but basically there isn't enough need for this to put up with the complexity it would add.

3. Jrg5978

Jrg5978 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +627
    This would also have to give users permissions to worldedit and world guard, so it will likely not happen.

4. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    Another problem: How would you only be able to set subregions in towns you own? I think that theoretically you could be able to create subdivisions at - let's say spawn - and spam the worldguard database with subregions. :/

5. minecraftninja05

Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,018
    -1 I trust my residents enough, also town farms? What would happen it would be very annoying adding them to their plot then the farm and Everything else I give them access to

6. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    WorldGuard is literally the most tediously annoying thing ever. Ask any SA+. Having as many as we do now is already obnoxious and difficult to maintain, it's crazy to imagine what would happen if there were dozens more PER TOWN.
    Wayyyy too much work to add