Town Design Competition

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by georgie0417, Apr 3, 2020.

1. georgie0417

georgie0417 ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ Raise ur Dongers ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +636
    Unfortunately, I am not the best builder. As such, I am looking for participants to enter into a competition to design the entirety of a 200x200 town. The design chosen will be used as the primary location for /warp geo (my prestige shop). As such, there are a few requirements:
    1. The town must be 200x200
    2. The town must have the space to support hundreds of chest shops
    3. I would like a vault/storage space underneath the town
    4. Any warp/town features that need to be added should be marked
    5. Should be an original build. (No copying a PMC Build)
    I'm not asking for people to build the town on the server. In fact, I would prefer it if you built it on a single player world so I could explore and suggest changes etc. At this time I don't have a set theme in mind, but I am partial to a Fantasy/Medieval theme, but I am most definitely open to different themed builds. If you have a direction you want to head in but aren't sure, feel free to DM me on discord, or in-game. The cost of the build isn't very important to me. You can make the whole thing out of emerald blocks if you feel it's appropriate.

Now, for the prize money.. I will be selecting a single build (but I reserve the right to not select a build if none are to my liking). The winner will be paid $1,500,000 for the design. There's no need to post on this thread if you'd prefer to keep your design to yourself. You can start a forum PM with me if you'd prefer.

2. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    I only post on here to help you out in your search as well as give some information to the participants who will take up this challenge.
    For my post i make the following assumptions:
    - You want this prestige shop town to stand out among the other towns of the server and be known as an impressive build
    - You expect the builder to actually physically build you the town (once you have selected it as a winner) instead of just providing a design

I speak from my experience of running one of the most successful building businesses in the game with well over 4million in profits in just over 4-5 months. I say this not to gloat, but to explain my in depth knowledge of the building market and more specifically, this style of architecture.

A 200x200 build is a colossal endeavour, and the requirements you ask from the participants- such as a personalized vault and the capability to support 100's of chests while maintaining a high level of detail in a fantasy style theme is going to be very difficult.

If this build was asked to be in a modern style, i could see it being possible. But you have specifically requested medieval/fantasy.
    Fantasy is one of the hardest styles to get right in this game; if you fail to keep up the detail, the immersion is broken immediately.

For a 200x200 original build, i expect the players to spend at least a month (of designing) if they are keeping up with the detail that is expected from such a theme and of course there is the possibility of not even winning the prize money since you have said that you can deny all prizes if the builds do not suit your fancy.

To you Georgie
    I HIGHLY recommend you rethink the prize pool since i highly doubt your understanding of how difficult of a challenge you are setting.

To you the competitor:
    If you are entering this challenge, i highly recommend you balance your time well, its very easy to go over board and with the current prize available, i believe you will be losing a lot of money when looking at the time required to build this.

If my assumptions are incorrect, then of course the situation is different. But good luck to all.

3. georgie0417

georgie0417 ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ Raise ur Dongers ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +636
    I understand that this is a huge ask, but no, you do not have to build the building on the server. You would need to build it on a creative world, and provide me with the save file. So the only thing you'd be investing is time. I understand that the 1.5mil prize isn't too attractive at first glance and I'm definitely willing to pay more money to anyone who feels their build is deserving of more money.