The Science of Farming: Melons

Discussion in 'Economy & Market' started by Moosagi, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Moosagi

Moosagi President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +39
    Hello. In this, the inaugural first post on the science of farming, I, Moosagi the melon farmer (for I farm melons) will scientifically discuss various aspects of melon farming -- using science.

I will be joined by the valiant and brave research assistants operamc and arwensmc who will assist me in various research ... and things .. that I need to do. Like making me a sandwich so I can assure you I am completely concentrated on farming the melons -- you know, like a rat addicted to melons or something. Or hitting the stopwatch so you can be assured of accurate times regarding melon farming.

So what I did is I spent a couple of hours farming in pixel and farms (spuzzy's farm) and even though spuzzy's farm has issues, these issues helped me develop a scientific method of melon farming which I call the moonwalk, which allows me to farm melons at speed 10 without missing any melons.

The Science of Melon Farming Pt. I: How much money can I make?
    How much money can I make? Yes, yes you can. Sorry, I was in zootopia mode for a moment there. I just had to get my judy hopps moment in. Anyways the short answer is you can make 150k per hour but most people will make less than half that. And therein lies science!

There is a large variety of ways you can mine melons (okay, harvest, whatever. your using a sword. things are messed up here, I like to say mine). However, one thing that was discovered during testing is that the tool you use is equally important as the method you use. However -- that being said, however, --- if you do not have a magic melon sword you are not going to have enough speed to make farming methododogy science a science worth pursuing as a career. So principle 1:

1. Get a magic melon sword.

This is the single most important thing you can do to make a lot of money farming melons. This puts you instantly in the top bracket of melon farmers: 70k+. From there it is all method.

And I will say this. Because I am about to teach you how to make over 100k/hr farming melons, that means that most farmers can pay for a 2.5 million dollar L1 magic melon sword in just 25 hours. In comparison to trying to pay off a fishing rod, this is peanuts. I therefore suggest magic melon swords (l1) are worth 5 to 10 million ECD. I know nobody will believe me, but sooner or later a dilligent farmer will see the value here and start buying magic melon swords for any price and then their true value will be revealed. At 2.5mil on a payment plan, you would be foolish not to immediately pick up a L1 magic melon sword. Stop reading and do this now. It's the best financial advice a new player can get on ecocitycraft. However, as you will see, not many are for sale... already...

2. For those without flying/speed...
    The fastest method is double-row running. As you run down a row of melons you will notice they break instantly before your mighty munchin' melon sword. Then gaon among you will notice that you can swing the mouse side to side to quickly farm two rows at once. Doing this at speed 1 will yield you.. wait for it...

$68,000 per hour! (note: for this price you must sell a full inv at a 45% or prestige shop).

3. The next step after paying off your melon sword is to buy flying/speed. At 35k ecd this will run you about 1.5mil. An easy 15 hrs of farming. Then, step 4.

4. Moonwalk farming
    With speed 10 walk, run backwards but hold the left key (against a left row of melons). Align your crosshair to be just inside the dark corner formed by the falling melons. With some skill and practice you won't miss a melon. Congratulations, you are now in the 90k/hr club! You can also run sideways but I find you miss some melons this way.

5.Climbing the Ladder Pt. 1: Up your sword.
    Gotta up that sword for 125% throughput. Now you're in the 100k club at L2, and 120k at L3. Amazing!

But we're not DONE yet.

6. Climbing the Ladder Pt 2: Prestige shops vs. prestige
    As you continue to farm, farm, farm, like a madman, maybe even like a madman who thinks that if he stops and sleeps the melons will take their sweet revenge on the evil swordsman who killed their father... you will start to gain prestige. An easy 8% is magic armor L2. But then you will start getting other prestige. Like collector prestige, rank prestige, maybe even a magic melon tool. But I don't think those even exist. The point is, since you are farming so quickly a very interesting and suprising thing starts to happen:

The time it takes you to warp to a prestige shop, sell, and get back to start farming again... really matters.

I've pegged this at about 13%. So if you have a full armor and a magic melon, OR full armor and say, 2 prestige levels.... it's so close that you might want to say screw it and just sell hand. Maybe powertool it to a melon or something and hit it at the end of a row. Fast. That extra 2 seconds, believe it or not, can be worth 5% or more. And thats like having a L4 melon sword, l3 armor, or an extra prestige. Or a mythical magic melon.

If you hit 15% prestige and are using a l3 sword, it's better to sell hand -- in my opinion.

Now, listen up farm owners because it's not too late for you! If you put some melon chests at the end of a row, you can even make a deal with the farmers and say, listen, we'll buy at 40% -- and it's way way faster than warping -- and look, now you farm owners can fund your farms by selling everything to spuz! Everyone wins!

But we're not done yet.

7. The Matrix
    Imagine a town. A town filled with chest shops. Their sole purpose is to hold melons. Melons at a reasonable price. Say, 50% up from sell.

Now, at the moment, no one is going to buy them. That's true. But people will sell to you, if you price it right! You have to ask yourself; Do you feel lucky punk? And secondly, do you really need the money? Right now? Or do you wanna get hit by taxes and loose a cool mil or two? Or five, or ten!?!?!

Invest in melons! And, for the new player, even the new player will do this -- Just BUY MELONS! at 50%! yes! EVERYONE BUY MELONS AT 50%. Why? Because one day -- one shining day when we are all together in love and harmony, someone will buy them all and sell because they will hit max prestige and tip over that golden number and then they will buy your melons. All of them. And sell them. And make a lot of money. But you will make more.

And nobody will ever pay taxes again.

I, Emperor Moosagi, hereby declare the following edicts for all subjects of the realm:

1. Magic melon swords are now worth 10mil
    2. Melons are now worth 46% sell price to sell them and 50% sell to buy them. (i.e. prestige shops will become unprofitable but will merely facilitate the storage and monetization of melons).

Therefore,

Melons are now money.

it's science.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  2. TeaStand555

TeaStand555 President
    President ⛰️⛰️