The ECC Chronicle, Issue #14 (22nd September 2020)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TaylorBros22, Sep 22, 2020.

1. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to the latest edition of the ECC Chronicle! I'm very happy we've been able to write this many issues and to be able to continue as long as we have. A massive thank you to @Karin_88 for holding down the fort too whilst I've been unable to post issues for a plethora of reasons.
    I'd also like to welcome some new writers to the team, @edrandom, @DCxCyBeR and @Unique_Beagle. We have articles from all of them this issue, and we are thankful they've given up some of their time to write for us. As always, if you'd like to join the team, let either myself or Karin know via the forums, in game or on Discord.

Anyways, on with the issue!

~TaylorBros22
    Editor

[​IMG]

In what's been a massive month for ECC, there is a lot of new changes to the server that I'm going to attempt to summarize here.

Perhaps the biggest change is the ability to now buy God Keys and God Drops from the shop, with a God Key costing $100 USD (with no sale) and a God Drop costing $200 USD (with no sale). For a limited time, users were also able to spend their Giftcards on God Keys and Drops, massively stimulating the Gift Card market, with some selling as high as 16k per USD! On the same topic, users are now able to buy a God Drop from /warp starshop for 1500 Nether Stars, again, massively stimulating the Nether Star market. So much so, prices for a single star are reaching as high as 2,000ECD! Read more in my Nether Star report further on in the issue.

On the topic of buying, there is (at the time of writing) a 35% sale happening, with an extra 30% of when you use the code extra30!

On September 17th, andrew announced a new tier of Magic Tools, "Magic Tools L2" which, when used, gives the user TRIPLE XP! The L2 Magic Pick and Shears currently belong to @MinecraftParkerH.

In other news, all users can now use Enchantment Tables, with one being added to /kit starter (thanks @icondigi!). All users now get access to /travelbag (/tb) once every hour, allowing easy movement of items from server to server. Finally, furnaces now give xp on ECC.

Keep up-to-date with all the news of the server here.

[​IMG]

This week, @edrandom gives us the low down on the latest accepted suggestions!

It’s been a huge time for suggestions and changes recently, with lots of interesting and super useful additions to the server.

First we have something super useful for shop owners, @MadMonster_ suggested that chest shop owners be able to add people to their chestshop.

This allows users other than the owner to re-stock chests that previously would’ve been locked to just the owner of that chestshop.

Mad says in his suggestion, "It would allow for easier shop management, allowing additional players to empty the contents of chestshops when they are full and not only when the owner of the chest is online." This suggestion came with a lot of support, it’s been asked as to why this wasn’t already a thing! It makes owning and managing a shop easier as you can allow co-owners to stock/empty chests without only one player having to be online to do so. You can view the suggestion here.

We see an addition to the starter kit in @icondigi ’s suggestion of adding an Enchanting Table Kit.

Originally it was suggested that a /kit etable or something be similar added to the feature Extra Commands, this was altered however and the change was made to add an Enchantment Table to /kit starter. This is a wonderful addition as enchanting tables now work! This alone is a big deal and a game changer for new and old players alike. You can view the suggestion here.

@iSneaky ’s Suggestion that aims to revive the SkyBlock market area by lowering the rank requirement is also a great addition, as stated in the suggestion: “Last season the market was pretty much empty, the reasoning for this is the power users of Skyblock are the skygods, whom quite frankly don't care too much about running a market store, they mainly play for the prestige, not the fun of actually playing skyblock and setting up a successful island.” It’s also mentioned that its quite hard for Pilots (New/Unranked Players) to buy materials and resources for their islands with an empty market and this will aid in solving that issue! A wonderful addition all-round. You can view the suggestion here.

Another suggestion comes from @icondigi once again, with the suggestion to add a vanish deny flag to the TownControl++ feature.

This suggestion was met with mixed reviews but overall is a good suggestion as it allows for people to know what is going on in their town. Icon says “This is a good addition for EcoCityCraft as it allows users with TC++ to have more options and controls of what flags they can use in their town. Personally, I have experienced many instances when users are stealing from dispenser drops, blocks that you are mining, or standing in-front you while you are fishing because of players hiding in your town with vanish.” And these are great points and the suggestion makes a lot of sense for town owners to be able to control what is going on in their towns. You can view the suggestion here.

[​IMG]
    Due to the massive skyrocket in prices over the last couple of weeks, and the data on shopdb being pretty out of date, I have had to use purely the market stations on each server. Whilst I understand independent shops won't get any recognition here, this is the only way I could come up with some prices without spending all day visiting every shop on each server!

In the Main server market, the cheapest seller is @Chundi_Jr at /warp station1, selling stars for $1,000.
    In the Main server market, the best buyer is @KaylaBearBear at /warp station2, buying stars for $1,200.

In the MainNorth server market, the cheapest seller is @KaylaBearBear at /warp station2, selling stars for $1,500.
    In the MainNorth server market, the best buyer is @KaylaBearBear at /warp station2, buying stars for $1,200.

In the MainEast server market, the cheapest seller is @KaylaBearBear at /warp station2, selling stars for $1,500.
    In the MainEast server market, the best buyer is @KaylaBearBear at /warp station2, buying stars for $1,200.

[​IMG]

Hello! It's me, @Unique_Beagle!
    Today I'm going to cover one of the main (north) events run on ECC every month: MINEWARS! There was a great turnout this month, and the locker builders made some amazing designs to add to all the fun! @Eldruin won 3 lockers this time, and in one of those lockers, he also won the Tool of Choice! When asked if bidding/winning 3 lockers was worth the gamble, Eldruin said "[I Won] a few star tools, gift card, farm perms, tool of choice , some max tools, lots and lots of fish. Worth the gamble totally." This seems to be a common answer with everyone I interviewed, as @Caliki123 (winner of Locker #3) said, "I got 64 nstars, which I got rid of for about 96k, $11gc for 220k and 64 spawner keys which I'm holding and hoping to sell..." There is plenty of money to be made in Minewars!

Speaking of money, @CoalMiner4life used a lot of money to buy the PREMIUM LOCKER this month... 5million ECD! Coal said this was his first time winning the premium locker, and his 5 million dollar gamble was "...a very decent investment, won a god drop, stacks of diamond/emerald blocks and a 50$ giftcard!" All of the people I spoke with about Minewars said they are excited to come back for the next event, which will be on October 17th 2020, 6pm EST, and will feature a Halloween theme that you won't want to miss! Will we see you there!?

[​IMG]
    Our Deputy Editor, @Karin_88 gives us a run down on the recent Spleef Event.

This September, ECC had a two Spleef tournaments, which, as always, were a hit!
    If you're not sure what Spleef is, it's a fun event where two opponents face off, trying to dig out the snow underneath their opponent to get them to fall. The last one standing wins.

I chatted with some of the winners from both day's competitions, to find out their strategies, what they won, and more!

When asked if this was his first time playing Spleef, @Qubs said, "Not the first time ever, but the first time in like 5 years or something."
    @GlennTheOstrich said something similar when asked: "No, I played the 1st spleef tourney on the 17th, but before that I hadn't played spleef in years."

@xboyfernz had this to say for what his strategy was: "I try to break where the person will back into themselves so I try go behind, but that's about it. Each game is different and sometimes luck plays a key role in the games."
    @drodude said this when asked if he had any strategies going into the game, and whether he stuck with them once the game started: "I did have a few strategies going into the game, but mostly knowing how other players played and how to counter them. There were a few who did specific strats that were easily counterable. However once we got in the elimination stages I did not stick to a certain strategy as others may have picked up on mine."

When asked about advice for players who'd like to play Spleef in the future, @Caliki123 had this cheeky response, "Choose a Sexy Pig skin like mine, but honestly nah just dont let the nerves over come you, be yaself and u will be good!"
    Glenn had this advice, "It's lots of fun regardless of the outcome, don't be discouraged if you lose a round as you have plenty of chances to go again!"
    Qubs offered up this great tip, "Be aware of your surroundings and don't just jump in front of someone, cause strafing in mc is like not a thing and they can make a hole where you will land."

Some of the prizes won were a $30 gift card (Glenn and @PixelGuy75), a $40 gift card (xboy), and everyone won some ECD prizes as well. Even people who didn't place received 5k for each round they won.

All in all it was a very successful Spleef competition :)

[​IMG]
    We sent @Karin_88 to /warp lushland to interview the owner, @LimeLush for this week's town spotlight.

This issue's Town Spotlight goes to /warp lushland, which is @LimeLush's town. What makes this town so special? Well, Lime runs a fun Pokemon Hunt event there every week!
    Read on to see the interview I did with him :)

[​IMG]

What made you decide to do the Pokemon Hunt idea?
    I wanted to make an area where I could build whatever but just for fun, then I saw the potential to turn it into an event.

[​IMG]

Did you get the towns with the idea in mind then, or did the idea come afterwards?
    The ideas came afterwards. Lushland was built with the intent to have shops and attract people, and it gradually expanded into a town focused around newer players.

[​IMG]

Very nice :D How often do you plan on doing the Pokemon Hunt?
    Weekly. Every Sunday, 1pm EST.

[​IMG]

Oooh, every week?
    Yep, and the Pokemon [hidden in the town] will rotate each week. Covering all the original 151. Except for a few who's heads aren't [available in the head database].

[​IMG]

Is there a way to "win" the hunt?
    Technically, any time you catch a Pokemon, you can turn it in for ECD or [keep] the head... so that's a way to win. The grand prize is a legendary/rare Pokemon that you can find (only one available per event).

[​IMG]

After these questions, Lime showed me a few more places, such as a hidden area under water, cleared down to bedrock, where people can go build whatever they want. He also explained that town members can use their home plots to make shops if they'd like, or players can even have two plots (one for a home and one for a shop) if they wanted, which is unusual on ECC; normally it's only one plot per town.

Here is a quick speed-run through most of the town; however, to get the full experience, you should go visit /warp lushland (on MainNorth) on Sundays when the Pokemon Hunt is going on :p

[​IMG]
    @DCxCyBeR runs us through the upcoming events!

Spook-tacular Minewars - For October, there will be a themed Minewars, and that theme is Halloween! Also, there will be a fun mini-event 45 mins before the Minewars event starts. More details can be found at the link below. However, what I will say is that the last one was amazing and I think this one will be better yet! https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/spook-tacular-minewars.203543/

Fall 2020 Build Contest! - The Fall Build Contest is now LIVE. Plenty of themes to choose from (including "Water", and "Space"), as well as a wide variety of challenges to complete, and prizes to be won. This is something that's not to be missed! Sign up for it now if you're interested! The building period is from now until October 24th, with the winners of the contest will be announced on October 31st :) For more details please follow the link below: https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/fall-2020-build-contest.203288/#post-1088300

[​IMG]
    Finally, we take a minute to interview a few of our newest staff (we will include the rest of the interviews in the next edition!)

This September, we had some new Moderators promoted! I sat down and interviewed @edrandom, @Eldruin, and @Roldert for this issue :) Read on to see their answers to my questions!

[​IMG]
    @edrandom

1. What made you decide to apply for staff?

Not sure, just loved helping people already and it just seemed like the right thing to do next as a part of the community.

2. What has been your favorite moment that's happened since you've become staff?

Absolutely destroying Karin in a boat race.

3. Did you have any expectations about staff team before you were promoted?

I mean not really, but I was surprised by the level of communication involved, it’s really good to see that strong communication is an important thing.

4. On that note, anything surprising happen as far as staff duties, the staff team as a whole, etc?

Not really to be honest, everyone is a lot more friendly than I thought though.

5. Have you applied for staff before and/or been on staff previously?

Nope, first time.

6. What's one thing you hope to achieve whilst being on the staff team (or being back on the staff team, if you were on staff before)?
    Go as far as I can with my server goals of finishing my towns aimed at helping new players, and making the server environment more comfortable and as welcoming as possible.

[​IMG]
    @Eldruin

I have always wanted to be staff since I first joined the server. It's always been my goal to be more than just a member on the server and to give back to the server.

2. What has been your favorite moment that's happened since you've become staff?

Being able to have a say in big decisions that happen on the server and be able to help make it more enjoyable.

Not really, I kind of knew what I was getting in to, and looked forward to working with current staff.

4. On that note, anything surprising happen as far as staff duties, the staff team as a whole, etc?

I was surprised to see a few members step down and of course we will miss them. However I am also pleased to see some changes since I was last on staff and how things operate now.

I was staff back in 2018.

6. What's one thing you hope to achieve whilst being on the staff team (or being back on the staff team, if you were on staff before)?
    As far as changes go, I'd have to say I personally just want to do better for the community. If there is a positive impact that can be made I just hope to be a part of it.

7. Have you noticed any major changes to staff since your last time on the team, such as the responsibilities Moderators have now, compared to back then?

A few minor changes that I've had to get used to, but nothing drastic :p

8. Is there anything you plan to do differently on staff this time around?

I want to do better in terms of the knowledge I have. I think one thing I'd tell anyone who wants to get staff is to study up on all terms, definitions and rules. There may be things you thought you knew but still need to work on :)

[​IMG]
    @Roldert

I applied for staff to be able to better help the community. I might not talk much, but if I see someone asking for help, I always try to reach out to them.

My favorite moment is kind of a blend of a lot of moments since becoming staff. I keep getting new nick names XD "Rolly", "Roldemort", "Roldmart", "Roldertoblack", and so much more XD I just get a good laugh at it all.

Not really, I figured staff would be just a group of people having fun and trying to help others have fun and turned out to be true :)

The amount of stuff that goes on behind the server is just crazy, I was really surprised by it all when first jumping into it.

Nope, never applied for staff before, didn't think I was ready for it till this point.

Honestly, I can't say I have a specific goal in mind/thing I want to achieve. I'm here to help and have fun :D and possibly host an event soon, who knows what I got planned XD "I do plan to over throw iSneaky's spot" XD but that will come down the line.

[​IMG]

That brings us to the end of this issue. Thank you to everyone for contributing and for everyone reading!

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #1 TaylorBros22, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2020