The Biggest Builds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbertig, Aug 27, 2020.

1. jbertig

jbertig Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +126
    I thought this would be an interesting thing for people to show and discuss the tallest and largest builds we've undertaken, or are in the process of undertaking. Mine is the former World Trade Center at 1/2 scale. I built the same project on the old server, and started anew on the new server this year, tweaking a ton of things. The build takes up a bit over a quarter of the 200x200 town claim, 135x131 blocks. I pretty much flattened a swamp biome to make way for the complex, and then excavated the surface down to 6 blocks below sea level to build foundations, etc. on the stone beneath the biome. I built the towers approximating the structural configurations of the real buildings, and the roofs of both towers come within 1 and 2 blocks of the height limit. Each tower has a 29x29 footprint with 30 stories; an entire 200x200 town claim could be fitted into both of these buildings! Laid out on the ground, all 8 sides together are bigger than the town claim as well! The floors are built to be turned into custom apartments by other players, with a shopping mall in the space beneath the plaza, as in real life. I believe the towers are unofficially the tallest apartment buildings on the server. Construction is ongoing, special thanks to @Karin_88 for assisting in obtaining some of the more rare materials in the project. To give the North Tower an extra dash of realism, it has two pairs of flashing redstone lamps on the roof. They're meant to be collision avoidance lights that are found on all tall structures in real life.

Height

North Tower- 191 blocks
    South Tower- 189 blocks

Total internal volume of build: ~657,000 blocks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Show off what you've built below, or give feedback to myself and others who may post!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List