The 1.18 migration . .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SpartanAmaroq, Dec 2, 2021.

1. SpartanAmaroq

SpartanAmaroq President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐

Ratings:
    +19
    Hello all,

Is there a post somewhere that explains what's happening with this new migration? I'm told towns that aren't farms can be moved. Will it be just structures only or will items in chests be moved as well? What about our ender chests, travel bags and player vaults? What about our immediate inventory? Are there going to be costs? What about the animals in our towns?

I have soo many questions. Any assistance with answering these would be appreciated.
    -SA

2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    So if we do migrate over to a new map, everything will transfer (except pure farm towns apparently). When there was discussion months ago, we were told if a new map were to happen, all archive town transfers from the current main server will be free for a month with everything (including inventory blocks) transfering (this again was from a discussion months ago. Idk if that changed or not).

Now I wasn't in the recent discord call that had this discussion, so I'm not 100% certain if andrew stated this new 1.18 map is the set-in-stone decision or not. There are a lot of pros and cons for a new map (like most decisions) and there seems to be high demand on both sides of the spectrum. I know the building community of ECC is split right now because some want the new terrain (so long as their towns and builds transfer), while others believe the new terrain will screw their builds because of terrain meshing, and not to mention the extra work of replacing a town and then placing signs for an archive world edit app.

Think that's why andrew didn't publicly state anything yet in writing: he doesn't want to piss one side of the community off before making a final decision. All that is set in stone is it won't happen for like a month.

Personally, I just need the new build height and don't care which version of the map we get, so long as the new height is implemented. I claimed all the land I want in terms of terrain (as of right now), but it will still suck getting it to blend with the unclaimed land surrounding it. It will also suck for me since I have, no joke, 30+ towns I would need to replot (thankfully only like 10 need world edit apps). I'm personally split between what I want, so I don't care one way or another. I only care about world height, like I said, because I have a ~256 block tall build I wanted to build on ECC for years.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #2 Jdawger, Dec 2, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  3. SpartanAmaroq

SpartanAmaroq President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐

Ratings:
    +19
    Thanks for the response. I miss a lot of the discussions due IRL issues. This helps, thanks again! :)