By andrewkm on Mar 28, 2021 at 1:35 PM
  1. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    [​IMG]

Hello EcoCityCraft!

Today marks our official 10 year anniversary. 10 years ago today, my brother michaelwm and I decided to take our basement (literally) server online. If you are interested in some back story please give our Tebex blog post a read! (https://blog.tebex.io/featured-webstore-ecocitycraft/) We took the server online with the following advertisements on the popular minecraft forums website. (https://tinyurl.com/3mkb6k97 & https://tinyurl.com/decymh3x) Do forgive my grammar, I had pretty much no history in posting threads online, especially since English has always been my second language.

After the above threads went online, players started joining, and to our surprise sticking around on this little hobby server we had going. A very special shoutout and memory to welikeike22 who has been here from the very start, as is evident from the advertisement threads above. We always laughed that he was already at spawn when we first launched the server, and to be honest, I don’t think I remember it any differently! <3 We love you man!

With the server now online, and players joining, it all unfolded from there. Days passed, weeks passed, months passed, and… no where along the way did I ever imagine that in the distant year of 2021, Minecraft, let alone our little server would still be online. We saw dozens if not hundreds of servers come and go, year after year along the way, and yet EcoCityCraft, our little community, which varied in size continuously throughout the years, is still here. I’ve always said, for a decade now, I’ll never leave this place behind as long as just 1 person is online enjoying it. And with a decade behind us, I hope people believe it. <3

I now want to get to the most important part of this 10 year anniversary. A shout-out to what is the most important thing on EcoCityCraft. You. Our Community. Our players. Our staff. If you weren’t here, there would be no EcoCityCraft. Through fun times, stressful times, loving times, hateful times, through excitement, through turmoil, we’re all still here, enjoying the ride, making friends, and most importantly having a good time. Especially now during such uncertainty in the world.

I have witnessed so much happen during this decade. People making lifelong friends. Falling in love. Getting married. Having kids and starting families. All because they met here, in our community.

And, on a personal note, I want to say thank you for accepting me as your ServerOwner. I know that statement isn’t true with everyone, and for good reason, we all know I have my flaws, in fact, I’ll boldly say I have more than most, if not all people. But so many of you are still here, you put up with my nonsense and you believe in me. And it means the absolute world to me. <3 For this, I thank you and I hope you give me the chance to lead us into our 2nd decade.

Thank you everyone!
    Thank you for 10 years!
    Thank you for all the laughter, joy, discord shenanigans, and everything!

Here’s to another 10 years! <3

#1 andrewkm, Mar 28, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021

Comments

Discussion in 'News, Announcements & Server Information' started by andrewkm, Mar 28, 2021.