[Suggestions & Ideas] /tutorial

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TaylorBros22, Oct 11, 2020.

1. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    /tutorial re-design!

The staff team are currently in the process of attempting to redo the /tutorial area. We realise that there are an abundance of signs, information that is slightly out of date and that is, realistically, just not needed for a tutorial area.

We're looking into various options on how to make the tutorial better, but we'd also like your opinions, suggestions and ideas. There's a few questions below that might help you to get the ideas flowing - feel free to answer in as much detail as you can, the more ideas and input we get, the better our tutorial will be, which will help us with player retention.

What do you like about our current tutorial?
    What would you change?
    How would you set it out?

Leave your suggestions below and we'll let you know in due course what we decide to do :D

2. GoProDojo

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +271
    Make regions, so as you walk through the different areas the main info will show up as a GUI on your screen

#2 GoProDojo, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  3. Trainfan8

Trainfan8 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    Mention how the different servers (main, main north, main east, etc work) and tell them how to pick their starting server wisely. On that note, provide choice between a few different portals as to where the players start.

4. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Maybe a "wheel and spokes" design with different arms/hallways with a mini-tutorial on a specific topic, the hallways could branch out from a central tutorial spawn area. Want to learn more about towns? Go down this hallway. Need to know how ranks work? Go down another hallway. Just need a quick overview on the whole server? Make a hallway for that too. Maybe if possible make it so each of the topic hallways leads back towards the central area, so if someone wants to read through it all they can just loop through all the topics without having to backtrack.

My thought process behind this is to have more information available to new players than is currently included with the current tutorial, but to not overwhelm people trying to use the tutorial. Players can pick and choose which topics they want to go over without having to search through the tutorial for signs about the topic they need help with.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
    #4 a_man21, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  5. SirSpuzzy

SirSpuzzy Wandering Shulker Salesman
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +242
    Personally, the wall of text made me nope out of there so quickly. Maybe different rooms with bite size information nuggets

6. OniFox_

OniFox_ Long live Valaria
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +572
    Once again going to suggest this, as you walk through each region the region itself should change to match the server it talks about, mining should look like a mine shaft, farming should look like a farm, skyblock should have no floor utilizing maybe barrier blocks and be an island.