[Suggestion]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tanman17, Nov 15, 2014.

?

Would you like to see our previous spawn re-implemented?

1. Yes, I would.

73.8%
  2. No, I enjoy the current spawn.

18.0%
  3. I do not know what the previous spawn looked like.

8.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanman17

Tanman17 Tycoon
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +255
    Minecraft Name:
    My in game name is Tanmanyellow17.

Suggestion:
    I'm suggesting that we add back our old spawn, the previous one we had before this current one.

Reason:
    First off, let me begin. As I'm sure many can agree, our new spawn is pretty confusing to new players, and players that aren't new. I think that it is possible for it to drive players away, because if it is confusing, new players will not know what to do, and get frustrated and leave. Also, the current spawn isn't really a fun place to hang out and have fun with others. The previous spawn was much more fun to hang out in, and have a good time. As well, we had many memories there that were fun for many people.

In addition, the new spawn has a dark, and crammed-in feeling. I feel like everything is so tight together, and there is no open space. The previous spawn had lots of open space, and was easy to get around. It also had a bright and cheery feeling. As well, at the old spawn, I'd see many people walking around, trading, chatting, etc. I don't see nearly as many people doing those things at the current spawn.

At the old spawn, I'd see tons of people there at a time, chatting, and just hanging out. It was an enjoyable place for everyone to get along and interact with one another. I, myself, had tons of fun, and I'm sure others did as well. To see this added would please many people, and more than likely draw older players back into the server, making things even more fun.

I miss walking around spawn, meeting new people. Seeing 40+ people walking around having a good time. I miss seeing so many people getting along and having fun. I miss the old spawn as a whole.

Other Information:
    I'm not too sure if this is even possible. However, I've mentioned the idea for this suggestion to many people, and they agreed with me. So that is why I am posting it. As well, I think it would be a fun addition for the server, once again, and may increase interactions between users, etc. It would increase friendships, as well as the player count.

Please vote up top in the poll, your opinions. And before you tell me that you think that this is not likely to happen, please think this through, before posting. It is not a matter of when or if it happens, I would like to see people's opinions on this, and it can be taken from there.

For those of you who do not know what the previous spawn looks like, because you were not around back then, check out this thread. It displays the spawn in 3D, however, the previous spawn had some changes, and didn't necessarily look exactly like that.
    Credit goes to JamieSinn, he made those pictures and the thread.
    http://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/ecc-spawn-in-3d-wtf.54995/#post-260728

I really hope that this suggestion is seriously taken into consideration. Many people would like to see the old spawn back. I can't possibly see anything bad coming from this. All I see are positive results and a better server.

Link to this plugin:
    To my knowledge, the old spawn is saved, and doesn't require any sort of plugin.
    [​IMG]
    I'm here to make a difference - to return ECC to revolve around the community, to revolve around fun.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #1 Tanman17, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  2. AgentHare

AgentHare Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +515
    How are giant portals with giant signs saying what theyre used for confusing

3. a18greek18

a18greek18 Former EcoLeader
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    +1 The new spawn is very confusing for new people. When i came back to the server I couldn't figure it out at all for about a week. The old spawn was basic, simple, and very easy to navigate in. I fully agree with this suggestion! I think it would help us out with our player count issues.

In addition to this, I think the tutorial should stay above spawn, or below it and have a portal leading to it. This is so that when newcomers are looking through the tutorial and they have any questions, people who help out at spawn can assist them and try to get them interested in joining our community!

Overall, a huge +1 to this, and I think many others will think the same as myself.

4. Tanman17

Tanman17 Tycoon

Ratings:
    +255
    I'm not talking about portals. I'm talking about spawn in general. The layout, finding things, and were to go, is confusing.

#4 Tanman17, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  5. a18greek18

a18greek18 Former EcoLeader

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    There is too much happening in spawn right now. Too many portals, too many signs, too many ways to go, etc. If we went back to the old spawn, you can clearly see the nether, a rocket ship leading to the sky (a.k.a aether), A ravine, which represents mining, a bunch of enchanting tables (represent exp shop), sg board right at spawn, etc. The list could go on forever. Point is the old spawn was very basic and easy to navigate, just like I said in my comment above.

6. Exile1999

Exile1999 Ex-OPBuilder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,020
    I love old spawn!! +1!!

7. Naereniv11

Naereniv11 Builder

Ratings:
    +134
    Back to an older vintage spawn :p +11

8. ThatKidArshi

ThatKidArshi Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +323
    +1 whence I joined this server it. Took me a month the memorize which side the mining world was on. Idk what the old spawn looked like but I think it must of looked good due to the reactions from the older players

9. FlyingIsOP

FlyingIsOP Builder

Ratings:
    +208
    +1 I loved the old spawn and personally don't like this spawn.

10. ChargerBoltz5

ChargerBoltz5 Builder

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,340
    When was the new spawn implemented? Can anyone share screens of what it was like? It wasn't there when I joined :p
    I've heard good things about the old spawn. Sounds kinda cool.
    (psst, tanman, no offense the purple in the suggestion is kinda hard to read, is it ok if you change to another color? )

*edit* I'm dumb. It's just basically sg 2, but more cleaned up, right?

#10 ChargerBoltz5, Nov 15, 2014
  11. Jetfan16ladd

Jetfan16ladd Builder

Ratings:
    +24
    This is a great idea. I remember how the old spawn was much more fun and there was a lot more trading ect..

12. Tanman17

Tanman17 Tycoon

Ratings:
    +255
    Sure thing, can you read these colors better?

Also, the spawn was changed in January. A competition was held, and a winner was chosen. Unfortunately, it was cheated and copied. However, we kept the spawn, and still have it today.
    I will try to find screenshots of the old spawn.

#12 Tanman17, Nov 15, 2014
  13. ChargerBoltz5

ChargerBoltz5 Builder

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,340
    Awesome, thanks ;)

14. Naereniv11

Naereniv11 Builder

Ratings:
    +134
    I also preferred the tutorial they had back then. It had more information and the design was interesting to me at least.

15. donkey5k

donkey5k •| The Legendary Donkey |•

Ratings:
    +492
    The multiple floors are confusing... Without fly or tp (for /warp or /shop) it's very hard to get around. I still get confused without fly or tp and I've known this spawn since it was created.

16. FuryFudge

FuryFudge IDK ask Fury
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,325
    +1

17. Photonoid

Photonoid Builder

Ratings:
    +343
  18. silencedterror

silencedterror Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +49
    Can someone post a screenshot or something of the old spawn? I don't really seem to remember it or maybe I have never seen it.

19. donkey5k

donkey5k •| The Legendary Donkey |•

Ratings:
    +492
    You could probably find some pictures in the picture forum.. I believe I have a few so maybe go to that section and type my name in the search bar and go to any threads created by me. I think I actually have pictures of Phys and Jakey standing with eachother before they got married.. :)

20. Tanman17

Tanman17 Tycoon

Ratings:
    +255
    #20 Tanman17, Nov 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.