Denied [Suggestion] World Edit Apps

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GeorgiaMC, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgiaMC

GeorgiaMC Former Server Admin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,975
    So as some of you may know, in 2012 and 2013 there were world edit apps for different things such as clearing towns, changing the biome of towns, filling in an area with blocks and more. My reasoning for bringing this back is the fact that I believe many people would use this feature, therefore it would remove a lot of money from the economy.

I personally have 9 towns that I would like to be cleared, and would be willing to pay a lot per one if these applications were to be reintroduced. As for the argument that this won't be good for people who make money off of clearing towns, I have tried hiring quite a few people through the years to clear towns for me, and every single one has backed out. And I know there are people who would complete the job but they're hard to come by and even then, for someone like me who needs a lot of clearing/flattening done I'd be looking to wait a year for this to be fully completed, which I'm not willing to do, as I'd like to get building my towns as soon as I can. I'm sure there are other players in the same situation as me too.

I've also done a little bit of research as to why they were removed in the first place and from what I could find the main reason was lag. So to combat this, I would suggest having the application process time set to 1 month after you apply rather than 1 week as it is on pretty much all applications right now. This would mean that they can just be slotted in with maintenance and there's no rush to get them done while there are players online. I don't think people would mind waiting that long either as something like a town clear would probably take someone you hire a few months to complete anyway. Then the smaller requests that wouldn't cause lag, maybe SA's could do those whilst the server is up, and those ones could maybe have a week processing time as they can be done whilst the server is up.

Also from what I found world edit apps used to be about 50k and obviously since then, 50k is now worth a lot less so I'm suggesting that now they should they cost somewhere inbetween 350-500k + server shop block price (Depending on the type of world editing required). And yes, that's expensive however this still leaves a market for people who make money off of town clearing for people who don't mind waiting a bit longer to have the jobs done etc. This will also mean that there would probably be fewer applications than there used to be, but still enough as to where it will be worth it due to the money being taken out of the economy.

I also understand these used to be tedious/annoying to do and that was one of the reasons why they were removed but hopefully what I've stated above would help in making them worthwhile doing and the 1 month processing time would mean there wouldn't be a rush to do them and they could be done whenever there's spare time rather than having to make time to do them. Also I'm pretty sure Andrew was the one that used to do the apps but I'm guessing that SA's would be able to do them now?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #1 GeorgiaMC, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  2. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Eh,
    Old World Edit destroyed Pre Legacy World as it caused corrupted chunks in the world (iirc)
    I dunno how much its changed since though, though world editing causes massive lag, yes the BIG L WORD

Just play and mine it out like others previously have done. Ive mined out maybe 6 towns in the last year and a half down to bedrock or a layer under 20, yes its time consuming, but its doable.

If andrew really wants to add it then i dont see why not. And at 400-500k, a 9 town system would cost 4.5mill so i guess its a sizeable fee for essentially being lazy xD

#2 Mission001, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  3. GeorgiaMC

GeorgiaMC Former Server Admin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,975
    I wouldn't say it's being lazy, as I'll literally melon farm for days to get the money needed for 1 town. I just absolutely hate clearing/mining, bores me out of my mind, I just love building my towns and such and just want to get on with building them which is why I think I'm willing to pay that high and I'm sure others would too.

As for the lag you mentioned, of course, I'm not saying that players should have to put up with any sort of lag from world edit whilst they're playing, which is why I suggested some alternative workarounds above; but if those are not feasible for whatever reason then obviously the suggestion will be denied which I'd expect it to be if that's the case.

4. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Maybe creative will be what your looking for if you prefer to build when it eventually comes out :D

like i said, i reserved my judgement over the fact it broke the last world from what i remember, but yes it was a long time ago.
    I too like building, but its all part of the development of the build in my opinion, but afterall, thats all it is, my opinion :D

5. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Creative is what you're looking for.
    WorldEdit is extremely intensive on the server, and we cannot afford issues.

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    We will never have WorldEdit apps due to several problems with the plugin as well as it's FastAsyncWorldEdit counter part.
    Creative will likely be the only server in which we allow all players to make use of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.