[Suggestion] Tutorial On Powertool Commands

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Altabyte, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Altabyte

Altabyte Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +48
    Thread Title:
    A short tut on pt commands.
    Minecraft Name:
    Altabyte
    Suggestion:
    I just got Ext Commands yesterday and I was messing around with the /pt stuff and I noticed I didn't know what I was doing at all. So I asked some mods and I got the hang of it. However before I did I looked inside the Wiki and at the Ext Commands Donation info on the Ecc Shop page and I didn't find any info at all except some basic commands like "/pt lot buy". All I really wanted to know was how to say advertisements like "Station 39 Buying Your Nstars & EXP" in a certain chat like Trade. All I am asking is to at least put that command in the donation info on the Ecc Shop page so we know where to look for it once we buy it. This is not anything major and what I am saying is to put everything you can do with the /pt command on the "Server Commands", like "/pt ch qm tr (message)" , which was the main thing I was looking for.
    Reason:
    It would make it way easier for all the nubs who don't have /powertool yet and would cause less confusion at the same time.
    Other Information:
    Yes accidents happen when using this command, however it is extremely useful and if used right can be a very helpful asset to the player.
    Link to this plugin:
    N/A

#1 Altabyte, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  2. Dewsy92

Dewsy92 Ex-Staff Team Troll
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,643
    We generally don't encourage using power tools for trade adverts as it is very common to send 2+ of the same message using them. I fear that if we actively encouraged this, there would be a lot more spam and multiple messages being sent. Just my 2 cents though.

3. Altabyte

Altabyte Builder

Ratings:
    +48
    I do agree that does happen oddly often, however it is a very useful command if used right.

4. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    My input will cost you four cents if you'd like to hear it. I'm kind of split because on the one hand, when players get ext. commands, they should know what they're getting into and therefore shouldn't be needed, but if it might make players understand it better and thus lower the amount of powertool-induced spam, then I'm all for it. +1/-1

5. Altabyte

Altabyte Builder

Ratings:
    +48
    Well that is pretty ironic. Here is my 5¢. When I got it Ext Commands I had no idea what I was doing, I was just exited to finally be able to have multiple power tools for multiple messages/commands. I have many uses for this and have been using them all day. :)

6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    The thing with this is powertools run regular commands - these are commands that work just fine without powertool and should be found on the "Server Commands" page.

Ex:
    "/lot buy 1" becomes /pt lot buy 1
    "/sell hand" becomes /pt sell hand
    "/tpyes" becomes /pt tpyes
    etc

7. Altabyte

Altabyte Builder

Ratings:
    +48
    I know however something like"/pt ch qm tr (message)" was not there and was really the most important thing I was looking for.

8. HCPillarofFire

HCPillarofFire Builder

Ratings:
    +469
    You proved dewsy's point today though, you spammed with your powertool about 5 times today on accident at least when I was on, twice in trade (the bigger crime) and the other on lotto (not something we mind too much unless it is excessive). Even if you get better at controlling it, not everyone will be as lucky, because many people just lag and the more laggers get this and know the commands openly the more spam there will be. I personally think the /pt ch qm should not even be allowed for chat lines.

#8 HCPillarofFire, Jul 21, 2014
  9. Altabyte

Altabyte Builder

Ratings:
    +48
    It's not really anything major whatsoever all I would really
    That's why I said accidents do happen and your always gonna have them, however this shouldn't be a decisive factor in whether people should be taught on how to use /pt. And that incident that happened today with the Trade chat was when I was destroying a sign with my carrot (the powertool at the time), it's not like people want to cause spam on purpose.(at least people with common sense).

10. HCPillarofFire

HCPillarofFire Builder

Ratings:
    +469
    No I know people don't want to cause spam, I would be up for this suggestion, I personally just would want /pt ch qm ch message removed as a powertool. A good old windows .doc with two saved lines you can copy and paste are good enough if you must insist on trade ads all day long. At least that way you have to pay attention and will less likely double post. I am all up for a tutorial of the other commands being more open. Just not that command.

11. Altabyte

Altabyte Builder

Ratings:
    +48
    Lol "/pt ch qm ch" was my favorite command of all all day, because I could effortlessly just advertise every three minutes the 2 messages I needed to get out there without having to do the notepad thing(which is pretty tedious and I was trying to avoid that). However I respect your opinion and I like seeing your view on the suggestion. :)

#11 Altabyte, Jul 21, 2014
  12. HCPillarofFire

HCPillarofFire Builder

Ratings:
    +469
    *psst I use the /pt ch qm ch message command, but I only use it like every 30 min or so, I am just saying that even though I like it, I don't like how it becomes a spam tool.

13. DeMacca

DeMacca Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +326
    I still don't know how to use powertool <:3

14. knears2000

knears2000 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,958
    Well, you should really read the wiki on what you're about to buy...

15. Altabyte

Altabyte Builder

Ratings:
    +48
    Lol, you what you people don't understand is that is was nowhere to be found and I just want them to add it there.

16. Dccciz

Dccciz Nicememer55
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,061
    I might make one later. :)

17. thehockeykids2

thehockeykids2 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,581
    It's a very simple feature. Most spamming comes from mistakes (e.g forgetting your shovel has a powertool and digging dirt) that leads to every mod (and mini-mod) to yell at you.

Also, while buying extcommands, it lists the commands and how to use them.

Just be smart.

18. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    I see no issue with a tutorial on the commands. No one said the tutorial had to use trade channel for an example, let alone even mention it.

19. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    I once almost got banned for spam for using a powertooled trade message. I agree with the mods on this one; powertools should not be used for trade messages. Copy/paste works just fine.

EDIT: on the topic of powertools, I use /pt sell hand on melons, stone, dirt, and cobble so I can do those activities more efficiently.

#19 oxwood2, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014