[suggestion] remove/reduce rewards from sg

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by oxwood2, Feb 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Right now sg sucks and is broken. I don't think anyone will argue with me in that there are too many hackers that hide behind buffer and "lag" as well as the pay to win of sg kits. If we removed/reduced awards from sg (say 25 per kill or similar), there will be less incentive to cheat. Hacking/cheating would be trivial and stupid without a reward, and maybe people would kit less since they would realize it's incredibly boring and pointless. I'd love something/anything to be done about sg so throwing this out as a fix/solution. These other options exist but administration will not comment on any, which is sad.
    http://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/suggestion-massive-revamp-of-kits.115291/
    http://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/suggestion-restoring-kit-buffer.117352/page-2#post-633377
    http://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/suggestion-no-kit-sg-arenas.116432/
    www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/suggestion-yet-another-sg-suggestion.117556
    http://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/suggestion-no-kit-chances.116047/#post-623511

2. Vintage_Gamer

Vintage_Gamer Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,219
    I have to agree, SG is, to be honest, rubbish at the moment. It needs fixed.. big time.
    Anything to revamp sg I am for!

3. 0TheRedHerring0

0TheRedHerring0 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

EcoDollars:
    $175,286
    Ratings:
    +360
    I totally agree with this suggestion

4. DD71

DD71 Mayor of Nashville
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +591
    This is one step towards fixing sg but honestly isn't fair for the players who invested in kits. I think it would be much better for everyone if it was completely redone, the way it ought to be. I'd like to see this happen but I can see the main argument showing up is that it is unfair for a few people.

5. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,684
    I think it' completely fair because the server in the past has continually buffed the rewards from sg. It also isn't fair for eff 7 owners to have redstone and lapis prices cut, nor is it fair for melon sword owners when melon prices drop. What makes this different?

6. DD71

DD71 Mayor of Nashville

Ratings:
    +591
    Well if we are talking about removing rewards, that would be a 100% nerf. For mining it was about a 10% nerf for a few ores (I don't remember the numbers). So for them to be "equal" nerfs, ores would have to be worth nothing.

I don't think it would be fair for someone to spend $200 on kits with the sole intention of making money and then have it nerfed.
    I do think it would be more fair if someone spent $200 on kits and sg was 10% nerfed.
    If mining was 100% nerfed that wouldn't be fair but if it was only 10% nerfed to fight inflation, then I think that'd be more fair to the eff7 owners. I'm also completely avoiding the fact that eff7s can be sold if you are unhappy with them but kits cannot.

Oh let me get something straight too. I'd honestly like to see money removed from sg because it is supposed to be fun but I can see the main argument with this as being unfair for kit owners. However, I'd even more like a complete SG redo because even if money is removed, kits will still run wild and SG will still be broken.

7. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,684
    I was just pointing out mining/farming to show that "fairness holds no place in this argument.

Anyways I am highly in favor of this, it will also help get rid of most of the pay2win (sg kits are the only features that directly make lots of money) which will help with new players.

8. Theranos

Theranos Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +53
    -1 I am against this idea as I do not believe SG is currently broken nor does it need any removals of its rewards.I feel that a person with sufficient skill will easily be able to kill a kitter,by personal experience.

9. DD71

DD71 Mayor of Nashville

Ratings:
    +591
    I'm guessing you haven't heard of buffer yet. It's a kit the gives the ability to one shot kill your opponents and the people that use it get insane amounts of money. Even a person with "sufficient skill" would not be able to put up a good fight against one of the plenty of users with this kit.

10. Dewsy92

Dewsy92 Ex-Staff Team Troll
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,643
    Don't forget at the moment that the rewards are doubled. This is only temporary and will go back to normal soon (hopefully!)

11. Theranos

Theranos Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +53
    I've heard of buffer, and it is possible to beat someone who is a user of the kit.I am still not convinced that the SG rewards should be decreased, as they are my main form of income and the possibility of a high reward is what keeps SG fun for me, as a non-kitter.

12. DD71

DD71 Mayor of Nashville

Ratings:
    +591
    I didn't say it wasn't possible, I told you that it wasn't easily possible like you said. Disagreeing with a suggestion simply because it wouldn't be the best for you really isn't the best argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 DD71, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  13. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,684
  14. greg45865734

greg45865734 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +135
  15. JoshCraft_FTW

JoshCraft_FTW The Nubbiest President
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +243
    Back to dumdum this hopefully shall reduce the money by a nice amount , however , having owning buffer myself i do think sometimes about the people playing , if I'm really being fair. I'm sure if anyone says buffers over powered right now , many would respond saying +1 , I have nothing against that. The problem is , and I sure bet the mods know if they remove the power of buffer , bufferers will be very mad knowing that the reason they bought the kit was to get $ due to its strength 2. Maybe increasing the chance of kit free will help. And if it's not a dramatic increase then I give it my sincere +1 . Thank you for reading if you read all the way through not just reading te +1 :)

16. jpk16

jpk16 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +55
    To bad there isn't a way to reduce the awards according to how many kits you use. For example - use no kits get 100% of the reward, use 1 kit get 80% of the reward or something.

I don't remember reading something like this, so if this has been suggested, my bad.

#16 jpk16, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  17. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,684
  18. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,684
  19. knears2000

knears2000 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1,958
    +1

Well needed.

20. BuyLowSeIIHigh

BuyLowSeIIHigh Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +41
    I think it was UnknownRider who made it very clear that nerfing the str 2 potion in buffer is the absolute least that should be done. Since buffer reached it's super OP status and complaints/suggestions started to surface, people should have been very aware that they are buying into something that was not supposed to be that OP in the first place, and fragile (many complaints). But no compassion or sense, only greed was driving them to buy into buffer, even though they understood that it's completely OP and unfair against others. And now when somebody says - nerf it, comes the cry of how I payed so much and it is so unfair, even though the sole purpose of the purchase was greed and to gain unfair advantage against fellow members. Server owner has a lawful right to nerf, remove or change donor features, when something gets too hot because it was misjudged. There is Nothing that protects the kit users, except crying unfair. Having OP kits that earn you sick money is way more unfair against the whole ECC community.

+1

You know, it's like you have bought into dotcom bubble. It's 2001 and the blue chip market has gained 250% over the last year. You buy in, you make another 250% in half a year, you feel invincible. You go to barbecues and cocktail parties and laugh at 'peasants' who made a mere 25% during that time, because they were careful, and diversified. Suddenly BOOM, next week market pops and you loose 98% of you net value within the next couple of months. There were thousands of guys who faced these consequences in real life. Was that unfair? Ofcourse it is unfair to loose 98% of your net. It was so unfair that many of them could not live with that knowledge anymore. Were they aware that the market was way over bought and fragile - absolutely yes! But they still bought into it.. so who to blame?

#20 BuyLowSeIIHigh, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.