[Suggestion] Irrelevant Posts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by knears2000, Jan 25, 2016.

1. knears2000

knears2000 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1,958
    Minecraft Name: knears2000

Suggestion: To reinstate consistent warnings for irrelevant posts on complaints and ban appeals.

Reason: While perusing through current and recently handled complaints, I consistently saw the many complaints had many posts on them. Many of which were irrelevant. In order to get this suggestion as clear as possible, let's define "Irrelevant":

ir·rel·e·vant
    əˈreləvənt/
    adjective
    1. not connected with or relevant to something.
    (Courtesy of Google)

As the definition states, something that is irrelevant essentially adds no substance to the situation or has nothing to do with it. Quite often, I find that myself, and many users post on complaints simply for ratings. I think a great way to combat this would simply be to delete these posts. This will not only deter users from irrelevantly posting on complaints simply for ratings, but also prevent future flame wars brought about by these posts.

As previously mentioned, posts must also be warned. I find that quite too often, moderators let three or four irrelevant posts get posted on a complaint or ban appeal, and then a moderator states that there shall be no more posts, or there will be warnings given out.

Here's what I gather from this, as well as many other users. If we post rather quickly on a complaint, no action will be taken, and I'll get to keep my ratings and give a few laughs or seething anger to other players. That seems like the current warning system on complaints is working, right?

How about we on top of deleting the posts, actually give them a warning. Not only will this further deter players from posting, but those who do post will server their time from a forum ban.

And if you do have something relevant to add? Well, you're in luck! Since relevant is the antonym to irrelevant, your post will be allowed to be posted as it adds both substance and insight to the situation. If your post does not do that, well, you'll be getting a forum warning and deletion of post. Simple as that.

So please, let's make ECC fun, as well as rule consistent again.

Any Other Information: N/A

Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?: N/A

2. knears2000

knears2000 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,958
  3. Riggs316

Riggs316 The Ultimate Rigger
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +763
    +1. It's ridiculous when people post garbage on complaints, and then a mod comes in and simply says "Please no more irrelevant posts." Then there are more irrelevant posts, and another mod will simply go "I guess FirstModerator didn't make it clear. No more irrelevant posts." REALLY!? There shouldn't even have been the first warning. Simply step up, issue a forum warning, and delete the post. Simple as this. All this "please don't do this" is utterly ineffective and completely ridiculous. People already know better. Handle the issue, and be done with it.

4. ldw116

ldw116 Builder

Ratings:
    +387
    I mean there were 10 or so of these on my last complaint and nothing was done. Was I in the wrong? Yes. Doesn't change the fact that there don't need to be 20 posts.

#4 ldw116, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  5. SuburbSomeone

SuburbSomeone Shrubby Tycoon
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +6,479
    Absolutely agreed. I remember you forum warning me for something fairly minor, but it wasn't undeserved. I really think that staff should be a lot harder on irrelevant posts, and it's sad that a suggestion had to be made to change staff behavior. Going to tag @Nicit6 in hopes that he will have a relevant (teehee) input.

6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    My thoughts on the subject are outlined in this suggestion: https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/suggestion-ban-appeal-complaints-forum-staff-policy.143302/

7. knears2000

knears2000 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,958