[Suggestion] Combat Stats

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by riku1301, Jun 9, 2013.

1. riku1301

riku1301 Oʀɢᴀɴɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ XIII
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +382
    Minecraft Name:riku1301

Suggestion:Remove or seriously nerf mcmmo combat stats.

Reason: Recently in pvp I have noticed a lack of new faces :( . My thoughts on this and from viewing and hearing about this is that they are being killed before they can even start really. When a new pvper enters for the first time he is instantly mauled by someone with max swords. They have no chance what so ever, a new strategy in pvp has actually been to not hit the person and let them get countered to death. Sad part is this works, a new pvper comes in and basically kills himself loses his armour and becomes discouraged. Why pvp he will think if he has no chance. Basically to sum this all up I believe mcmmo combat stats have began stopping new people from pvping.

Another problem with mcmmo combat stats is found against the more experienced players. Fights have become faster, less skill based and more mcmmo based. You can go from full health to dead in a matter of seconds just because you hit them. People have a 2 in 5 chance to counter you and I've seen and have had it happen to me that you get countered 5-6 times in a row. Pvp should be fought with skill and not because you have enough time to train your stats for hours.

Any Other Information: I believe others are with me and im quite sure others will think this is a horrible idea as they are the ones who have trained. I realize people have put time into training but it has gotten to the point where its not really a battle of skill and its not fair to new players.

Link To This Plugin: N/A

#1 riku1301, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  2. RealRunakilli

RealRunakilli Formerly known as runakilli
    EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +475
    From what I hear, counters are being nerfed.

3. Bryceyy

Bryceyy BryBruh
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +136
    I dont think all mcmmo abilities should be reset, i just think swords needs to be nerfed.

4. Epislen

Epislen Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +145
    +1 the day andrew turned mmcmo off was a great day i think everyone agreed that the pvp community was way better with mmcmo off

5. SubaruIsBestBoo

Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +373
    I believe it should be less of a chance, if you've trained, it should not be take away. Neutral.

6. riku1301

Ratings:
    +382
    BRYCEY365 as I stated multiple times just combat stats is what I'm talking about here.
    runakilli even if they're nerfed there are many other parts to this, all of which give advantages that really take the skill from pvp

#6 riku1301, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  7. BlackWub

BlackWub Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +6
    I completely agree. The mcmmo for swords give pvp players abilities that give such a big advantage to pvp that actual skilled pvpers cant match up against. This is especially true with the counter-attack ability. I think the pvp arena would be better if actually good players were fighting and not just people with high mc stats.

8. thehockeykids2

thehockeykids2 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,581
    swords need to be nerfed.

PvP is supposed to be about the lucky enchants, the skill, the tactics, not whoever can click a mouse for hours on end training :$

9. Capu111025

Capu111025 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +19

Yes I believe that is true. McMMO is a great idea just some things are too O.P.
    People worked for good unarmed and now the unarming stuff is removed.

10. Quieted

Quieted Builder

Ratings:
    +50
    +1. Over and over again.

This is the reason I never play Pvp, but SG imstead. There are no people with over 9000 damage multipliers, which is the way I like it and I'm sure many others do too. I can guarantee I would play PvP a LOT more if these Combat stats were either majorly nerfed or removed.

11. Pancakesplatter

Pancakesplatter Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +33
    +1 from me. I rarely ever go in because I'm so discouraged because I can't afford a heal sign and pvp sign in my town

12. WreckitRalphed

WreckitRalphed The Wise Old Man
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +768
    My swords is about 300 I can pvp anyone really, jackaluss, mattsirbait, and a few other pvpers. The only person ive had a hard time fighting is runakill his swords is nearly maxed and he is to op. I wish they got rid of counters so people could use strength pots.

13. TigerWasHere

TigerWasHere Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +50
    Billy007Bob attacked me with a spam of bleeds, I got owned.

#13 TigerWasHere, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2013
  14. rockboy2000

rockboy2000 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +310
    -What about those who have spent hours, days even, training mcmmo. I have spent 300k on setting up trainer to train every aspect of mcmmo for my new up and coming clan. I couldn't imagine all that going to waste. 300k is too much to be losing just because others don't understand that without hard work you can not expect to win. I came into PVP relatively late. At first I would get killed every time I stepped into the arena, losing a set of prot 4 and a maxed out bow each time. Soon enough I became better, I started training mcmmo and still am training mcmmo. I didn't complain, I just accepted it and got on with it, as should you.

That's my rant over... -1

15. Billy007Bob

Billy007Bob Builder

Ratings:
    +32
    There are 2 sides to this whole thingy we got here
    1. I agree that pvp is kinda won with counters and stuff, take me as example i'm one of the worst pvpers ever to set foot into the arena, no skill/ tactics but I can win because I have counters and believe me they help a TON.

2. Other side is that it's not fair to the people that worked for those hours to get all their skills up, these bonuses that are given to the player when he/she gets the lvl up a lot is a reward to them for the hard work and just because you have counter chances doesn't mean you're un- beatable, take me as example,i have been killed by ppl with 1/4 of my swords lvl , Ndm57dcraft has too, it's not impossible to beat a player with maxed out counters, work with it a bit and you'll find the weakness.

TigerWasHere - man you still kicked my butt before I killed you :| counters didn't help there :p

But the way I see it is once one person gets these skills, they are kept but once everyone gets these skills, they complain
    sitomo he got unarmed up so high and was O.P. but when everyone else got up there with him, people complained.
    3point14mp he got swords to 1000 first and yes I complained but counters were kept in- game, now that many many people have maxed counters, everyone complains. Sooner or later every single stat will get nerfed and the work it took to get them will goto waste :|.

16. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    Nerf swords by half or a third of the counter attack
    Nerf axes armor hit
    Nerf a bunch of things I can't think of
    I hate pvp, and personally I have tried to like it but, due to people having high swords lvl and me having full prot 4 gear and my health taken away by 2 and a half hearts just with a sharp V hit it just...

Makes me never want to pvp again.

17. mrpyr0

mrpyr0 Builder

Ratings:
    +14
    from what i see there are two options that are reasonable....
    First: Nerf Counters completely which would solve all of the problems
    Second: I think and most others think that the counter percentage rate should be cut in half, this would still have a use for heal signs and training (it will also allow the people who trained to still get the rewards from doing this).

18. riku1301

Ratings:
    +382
    What I really was trying to do with this was not make peoples effort in training go to waste but to make it less that because you have time, you do good in pvp. That is why I said remove OR nerf combat stats, so as they give you an advantage but don't overpower skill.

19. EvAlNo

EvAlNo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +8
    Maybe we could add an arena in which MCMMO stats did not take effect?