STOP BUILDING NEW TOWNS! [[SAVE EXISTING TOWNS]]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SafieKyo, Jun 14, 2011.

1. SafieKyo

SafieKyo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Work on the towns already built, many are being abandoned and making waste of good land.

If you're going to make a town, make it good, make it so people will stay there instead of packing up and leaving.
    Improve towns already in existence.

#Save the current towns

`~/Just sayin'

2. Maskedsalesman

Ratings:
    +0
    I would join i town but I'm not paying 750$ for a 7 by 7 plot of land. Yes I think we should pay for town space but that's kinda steep. I have to feel where I want to build :D Plus I think I read somewhere one town charges a weekly fee as well as buying a plot of land. don't quote me on that though.

Plus i've been listening to all the chatter on the chat about "Get off my lawn", the griefing or "you're building to close to me". It's just too much stress. Although I would like to be part of a community, I'd rather get res. first and building my own town with my brother seems easier.

3. EGO_downmaster

EGO_downmaster Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Masked you haven't seen all the towns to come to that conclusion. A lot of the towns aren't like that. You just have to experience a lot of the other towns.

4. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    People only complain about others being too close because 1) they have personal space issues, 2) people are lazy asses and don't actually explore the wild, and 3) people harass others just for those reactions. xD

Plots in towns (starting ones, especially) are high so that the creator can make money to make the town official.

5. Maskedsalesman

Ratings:
    +0
    I've snooped around the forums on every town page and I've been through all the portals as well as wandered around the west and north quadrants. I made my 2 story inn and little forest shrine in the middle of nowhere lol and it didn't cost me a dime. If it gets griefed, I'll file a report. I think towns should make benefits for townfolk otherwise it's kinda a waste of time. Soulwood it looks like tried to do this on their forums, but it looked unsuccessful.

I think the mayor should contribute most of the 40k since they will be in charge. Yes, I understand SOME fee's should apply but I couldn't even build a decent cottage with a 7 by 7 space lol. Plus some towns have a space rule, so it doesn't sound like you can buy two lots right next to year other and combine them. or expand your first lot.