[Staff application] postwarpreston

Discussion in 'Staff & Wiki Team Applications' started by postwarpreston, Nov 10, 2019 at 5:47 PM.

1. postwarpreston

postwarpreston President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +31
    General Questions

What is your Minecraft username?

List your current username

Postwarpreston

What are your in-game ranks?

List your current rank/ranks here. Staff Applications are open for all players if they are ranked at least Mayor+ or have been an active member of the community for at least 6 months. (This requires your forum account to have been registered over 6 months ago.)

President, survivor, voyager

How old are you?

When did you join EcoCityCraft?

Please refer to your member page for a rough estimate. This is dependent on whether you joined the server and the forums around the same time.

August 8th, 2015

What time-zone are you in?

Eastern

What time of the day do you usually play?

Do you play mostly on weekends, or is it spread evenly through the week? If you can, please include a schedule of what hours you play each day.

I play a lot on the weekends. Anywhere from 4-6 hours. Week days 2-3 hours.

Main Questions

In your opinion, what is the purpose of Moderators on EcoCityCraft?

I think the main purpose of moderators is to help people and maintain the economy. Help new players to understand the server and make sure that they know what to do. And to also keep old players from doing the wrong thing. Moderators are there to help and provide information when nobody else is. To make sure players are happy.

Why do you want to be a Moderator?

I love helping people. I like being there for someone when they need help. I always see people asking questions and sometimes they don’t get answered. I’ve been down that road before, having a problem and no one there to help with it.

Do you have any experience in moderating Xenforo forums or Minecraft servers?

Provide links if possible.

No sadly

How have you been helping the community grow bigger and better?

Explain how you have helped the community and how you plan on helping even further as a moderator.

So far I’ve had a few of my real life friends join the server. Sadly they didn’t stay. But I want to continue bringing people to the server. I’ve helped a few people the past few weeks with providing homes and information on what they should do to begin their own path. Even given away some money and diamonds items.

The staff team is always changing and improving. If you become a staff member, what is one thing you would like to change about the staff team?

Kindness and attitude can go along way. Positive attitudes towards players not obeying the rules such as spamming should be treated with kindness first. Without attitude. Just because you have power dosent mean it should be abused.

What specifically do you think puts you above the other applicants?

I feel like I would be a value to the economy. My leadership skills and learning ability has proven time Again irl that I can be a good choice. I’m a very kind spirit. I know how to handle stressful situations.

Why do you think that you may not be picked?

What do you need to improve on?

Lack of experience moderating on this server.

Hypothetical Questions

A new user logs on and immediately starts being inappropriate in chat. What would be your first action in this situation?

I would ask the user to please refrain from inappropriate behavior as it could lead to temp or perm mute/bans.

A user is visiting a player shop and is confused on how to read and use the Chestshop signs. What would you do in this situation?

Either personally explain what each chestshop sign means and does. Or redirect them to the wiki section on the forums for chest shop information.

A user starts talking in chat and they appear to be quite upset. It appears their permissions have been removed from the town they were currently living in. How would you approach this situation?

First ask if the user was issued a eviction notice. If they weren’t, I would direct them to the forum where they can file a formal complaint against said user.

New players often ask about how to claim land. What would be your response to this question?

I would inform the user that they need to be ranked mayor in order to claim land. And until then they can ask another user to live in their protected town.

A user asks what "Main North" is and how do they play on it. How would you answer?

I would tell the user that main north is another server just like main. And to go to the server, they would need to enter the proper command to get to it.

A new user is unsure how to get started and is spamming chat asking for help. What would you say or do to help this user?

First I would ask the user to please refrain from spamming as it is against the rules. Then inform the user of the /kit starter command to help them get their first supplies. I would also ask the user if they were interested in the free 5k new member reward for registering on the forum as a new member. I would direct them to the mining warp where they can start their mining career to make money.

A user kills another player in SG and proceeds to brag about how "easy" the kill was in chat. The two users then proceed to fill up global chat with a back and forth of insults and trash-talk. When another user complains, the two users respond by insisting that it's just "SG banter". How would you handle the situation?

By asking the players to refrain from arguing in global or local chat. And for them to use private chat if they need to vent to each other about what happen. I would also ask the bragger to refrain from boasting about Easy kills as it is not player friendly and can be hurtful to certain players.

A new user logs on and asks about what version the server is running on. How would you answer this question?

Simply by saying the server is running on 1.13.2.

If a new user is asking about how to rank up and apply then how would you go about assisting them?

I would give them a direct link to the forum application website on the forum and proceed to tell them what is required for them to be able to rank up.

A user logs onto the Lobby server and asks how to start an island. How would you answer them?

I would tell them about our skyblock server and ask if that would be of interest. If it was I would give them the command and help them with any questions they would have outside of the guided tutorial.

Former Staff Questions

(If you have never been on the staff team, you may leave these questions blank)

When were you last on the staff team and how long were you a staff member?

What was your highest rank on the staff team?

What was your favorite part about being a staff member for EcoCityCraft?

If you were to return to the staff team, what would you do differently?

Other Questions

Do you consider yourself a risk taker?

Yes. Putting myself on certain situation that make me uncomfortable are not my strong suit. But I know they must be taking for me to succeed.

Do you consider yourself a leader?

Very much so yes. I’m currently A supervisor at my job. So it’s literally my job to be a leader.

How do you manage stress?

I don’t get stressed easily but when I do I handle it With a calm attitude.

Finally, is there anything else you would like to add? No not really.

#1 postwarpreston, Nov 10, 2019 at 5:47 PM
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019 at 8:52 PM
  2. _Royal_Vulpes_

_Royal_Vulpes_ The Fox Emperor
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +280
    +1 I feel that @postwarpreston would make a wonderful member of staff. He has been a wonderful and most wonderful and dedicated customer to AAUB and I have no issues with him. I feel that if he can be responsible for paying off his debts in time--even paying well before it is due--then I would see no issue in seeing @postwarpreston being accepted as a member of ECC Staff!