Staff Application Oink__

Discussion in 'Staff & Wiki Team Applications' started by Oink__, Nov 10, 2019 at 2:45 PM.

1. Oink__

Oink__ Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +23
    General Questions

What is your Minecraft username?

Oink__

What are your in-game ranks?

Mayor.

How old are you?

When did you join EcoCityCraft?

2013 Apr 13th.

What time-zone are you in?

GMT.

What time of the day do you usually play?

4:20 onwards at night.

Main Questions

In your opinion, what is the purpose of Moderators on EcoCityCraft?

From my point of view a purpose of a moderator is to help the community and provide useful information.
    It is also to uphold the rules and keep the chat clean.

Why do you want to be a Moderator?

I applied last time and i sadly didn't get in so i'm going to re apply again and hopefully i will have better luck.
    I also want to become a moderator because i like to help newcomers and even people that have played for a long time, also I want to help the community grow bigger.

Do you have any experience in moderating Xenforo forums or Minecraft servers?

No.

How have you been helping the community grow bigger and better?

I have recommended the server to some of my friends and they seem to enjoy it. i am also going to help the community grow bigger by donating and getting more players in the future.

The staff team is always changing and improving. If you become a staff member, what is one thing you would like to change about the staff team?

I would change the speed of time answering questions. so if someone asked a question i would reply swiftly.
    I would also try to add more events to engage more people in activities.

What specifically do you think puts you above the other applicants?

I have many years of experience on ecc.

Why do you think that you may not be picked?

I might not be picked because of my age and my maturity.

Hypothetical Questions

A new user logs on and immediately starts being inappropriate in chat. What would be your first action in this situation?

I would tell them to calm down then ask them to take it to a different chat. i would also explain that if the scenario is getting out of hand i would tell them the rules so they would learn.

A user is visiting a player shop and is confused on how to read and use the Chestshop signs. What would you do in this situation?

I would tell them that left click is sell and right click is buy and the numbers is the price of the item.

A user starts talking in chat and they appear to be quite upset. It appears their permissions have been removed from the town they were currently living in. How would you approach this situation?

I would take them into a private chat then ask what was wrong. I would then ask why they were upset and deal with the situation. depending why they were removed from the town I would speak to the mayor and ask the reason for his decision.

New players often ask about how to claim land. What would be your response to this question?

I would say you become mayor then you can claim land. You can also join some towns for free.

A user asks what "Main North" is and how do they play on it. How would you answer?

Main North is another server like main but it is added to the server does not lag.

A new user is unsure how to get started and is spamming chat asking for help. What would you say or do to help this user?

Please stop spamming. then i would tell them how to get started and tell them all the information that they need.

A user kills another player in SG and proceeds to brag about how "easy" the kill was in chat. The two users then proceed to fill up global chat with a back and forth of insults and trash-talk. When another user complains, the two users respond by insisting that it's just "SG banter". How would you handle the situation?

I would tell them to take it into /ch sg because that is why it is there then tell them to calm down since it is only a game.

A new user logs on and asks about what version the server is running on. How would you answer this question?

The server is running on 1.13.2 but if you would like to sg it is 1.8 pvp.

If a new user is asking about how to rank up and apply then how would you go about assisting them?

I would say that you can do /help ranks then there are the prices and the rank. You then apply by going onto the forums and looking at the application section, from there you click the rank you would like to apply for then fill out the needed information.

A user logs onto the Lobby server and asks how to start an island. How would you answer them?

Do /skyblock then do /is and pick the island that you prefer.

Former Staff Questions

(If you have never been on the staff team, you may leave these questions blank)

When were you last on the staff team and how long were you a staff member?

What was your highest rank on the staff team?

What was your favorite part about being a staff member for EcoCityCraft?

If you were to return to the staff team, what would you do differently?

Other Questions

Do you consider yourself a risk taker?

Depending on the task yes.

Do you consider yourself a leader?

Yes.

How do you manage stress?

I go onto sg since it is one of my favourite hobbies, that then makes me cool down.

Finally, is there anything else you would like to add?

No i think i have covered it all in this application.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #1 Oink__, Nov 10, 2019 at 2:45 PM
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019 at 12:08 PM
  2. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛ ۩Lord of Grimoire۩
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +504
    You might want to use some colors on this application to make it more readable.
    Also, your answers aren't very detailed at all, might want to reword it. But good luck!

3. wolfspy7

wolfspy7 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +373
  4. Oink__

Oink__ Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +23
    ok good to know i'll expand on my app thank you for your help.

5. ToCatchAHansen

ToCatchAHansen Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +390
    Friendly player and decent SGer +1

6. a_man21

a_man21 Retired Server Admin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,695
    It literally says in the hypothetical question what was wrong. Thats just one example of how most of the questions you responded to you either didn't answer the question, or the response you provided was so vague I can't tell what you were trying to say or do. You didn't give a reason why you are applying (other than that you want to try again from last time, which doesn't count IMO), and there is more to land claiming than just "you become mayor then you can claim land," which technically isn't even correct since you can join a town before mayor.

If you really want to be staff, then you need to take the time to read, think about, and carefully respond to each of the questions and hypothetical situations. A staff application isn't something that should be rushed, and it appears that this one is. I haven't seen you in game but you seem like you know a fair amount about the server, you just need to work on how you are going to communicate that to everyone else. Good luck!

#6 a_man21, Nov 10, 2019 at 5:44 PM
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019 at 10:16 PM
  7. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1,199
    I like you as a person and you're fun to play sg with and argue with etc.

However you on staff is a bit :/. Maybe in a couple of years time I feel like A_man says you lack the basic set of knowledge on ECC because I feel you spend a lot of time on sg and skyblock and you don't have quite a good grasp on main. So it's a - 1 from me but I wish you luck with your application and look forward to seeing you in SG

8. officepwnz123

officepwnz123 Staff Member
    SuperMod President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +736
    Please provide actual feedback rather than just a +1 or -1, thank you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Omgwow Omgwow x 1
    • List
  9. ToCatchAHansen

ToCatchAHansen Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +390
    Ok so, after taking more time to read this, I've concluded that I'm going to rescind my +1 and not vote at all. I still think you're a friendly guy, but it would be better if you applied again in the future staff cycles to improve, especially with how you answer some questions.

10. Oink__

Oink__ Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +23
    @everyone who has commented on my application i appreciate all feedback and i take it positively not negatively i will go and edit my application based on feedback and hopefully i can do a better job.