Staff Application: kenny0011

Discussion in 'Staff & Wiki Team Applications' started by kenny0011, Nov 10, 2019 at 5:04 PM.

1. kenny0011

kenny0011 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️

Ratings:
    +9
    General Questions

What is your Minecraft username?
    kenny0011

What are your in-game ranks?
    Mayor

How old are you?

When did you join EcoCityCraft?
    August 2019

What time-zone are you in?
    GMT

What time of the day do you usually play?
    I try to play thoughout the day depending on lecture schedual, and evenings. Most play time is probably in the "off peak" hours.

Main Questions

In your opinion, what is the purpose of Moderators on EcoCityCraft?
    Moderators primarily serve as the "front" of the server, ensuring that the peace is kept. This may be as part of assisting new players and aswering questions, to enforcing server rules and providing swift justice when nessesary.

Why do you want to be a Moderator?
    I love ECC, and feel that I can be a positive force in the staff team, particularily in the off peak hours. I feel by becoming staff I am able to "give back" to the server.

Do you have any experience in moderating Xenforo forums or Minecraft servers?
    Previous expereince around 2013-2014 on a different server, with rank that could broadly be equivalent to moderator (assist new players, ensure chat doesn't become too awful).

How have you been helping the community grow bigger and better?
    I try to engage with people in chat, which I feel is particularly important during off peak hours, as new players may find it akward to chat when not many other people are. I also maintain a shop which sells diamond gear, and direct new players to there to get much better tools. My pms are also always "open", and have answered questions via that medium.

The staff team is always changing and improving. If you become a staff member, what is one thing you would like to change about the staff team?
    From the outside, the staff team has shown to be very efficient and effective, and so cannot think of any improvements without looking behind the curtain so to say.

What specifically do you think puts you above the other applicants?
    I feel I am an easy going person who tries to engage with everyone, from a new player just joining to veterans of the server.

Why do you think that you may not be picked?
    I can sometimes be a bit inappropriate in chat, however am working on improving this. I also would class myself as somewhat of a recent player, having only joined ECC a few months ago, so may not have quite the same experience as other applicants.

Hypothetical Questions

A new user logs on and immediately starts being inappropriate in chat. What would be your first action in this situation?
    Unfortunately it is inevitable that people log on with one goal of causing issues. Depending on the severity, I would first issue a warning, followed by mute if they continue.

A user is visiting a player shop and is confused on how to read and use the Chestshop signs. What would you do in this situation?
    I would direct them to /help chestshop, however as a general rule, 2nd line is number of items, 3rd line is buy / sell price, and 4th is item. Left click the sign to sell and right click to buy.

A user starts talking in chat and they appear to be quite upset. It appears their permissions have been removed from the town they were currently living in. How would you approach this situation?
    I would first try and move the convosation away from global, and into either pms or /ch l. I would try and assertain the reason, likely to be offline for more than 7 days. I would then suggest contacting the town owner to see if items could be recovered, while setting up the user in a new town.

New players often ask about how to claim land. What would be your response to this question?
    Direct them to /help land, saying that ranking up to mayor provides up to a 200x200 land claim. In the meantime it would be best to "set up shop" in an existing town as to prevent grief.

A user asks what "Main North" is and how do they play on it. How would you answer?
    Main North is a new and different map with seperate inventories, but indentical to Main in every other way. It can be accessed via /mn.

A new user is unsure how to get started and is spamming chat asking for help. What would you say or do to help this user?
    I would remind them to re-read tutorial, do /kit starter to get basic equipment and gear, and to probably ask in /ch tr for a plot in a town.

A user kills another player in SG and proceeds to brag about how "easy" the kill was in chat. The two users then proceed to fill up global chat with a back and forth of insults and trash-talk. When another user complains, the two users respond by insisting that it's just "SG banter". How would you handle the situation?
    I would direct them to /ch sg or /ch fucker if they would like to continue. If this would continue a kick from global chat would be in order.

A new user logs on and asks about what version the server is running on. How would you answer this question?
    Main is currently 1.13.2, however has connectivity for 1.14 clients (however using the 1.13 client is recommended). Skyblock is slightly behind, running on 1.12.

If a new user is asking about how to rank up and apply then how would you go about assisting them?
    Direct them /help ranks, however rank up applications are done via the forums and brought with ingame money.

A user logs onto the Lobby server and asks how to start an island. How would you answer them?
    First do /sb to reach the SkyBlock server. Next have a read through all the information and tips there, followed by /is to start a new island.

Former Staff Questions

(If you have never been on the staff team, you may leave these questions blank)

When were you last on the staff team and how long were you a staff member?

What was your highest rank on the staff team?

What was your favorite part about being a staff member for EcoCityCraft?

If you were to return to the staff team, what would you do differently?

Other Questions

Do you consider yourself a risk taker?
    I would like to think any risks I take are somewhat calculated.

Do you consider yourself a leader?
    I believe so as I regularily lead teams in real life. However I am also willing to step back sometimes and allow other people to lead if I believe they are more suited to it (I.E. more knowledgable etc.)

How do you manage stress?
    Sit down with a cup of tea and a chocolate digestive usually. I may take a small break as well.

Finally, is there anything else you would like to add?
    No. Good luck lads! :):)

2. samiwarbler

samiwarbler Sheep Queen
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +542
    Please get another off peak staff member in!!!

plus Kenny is okay I guess. Just don’t teach the noobs how to break tools.

+1

3. icondigi

icondigi President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,695
    +1

Yes, please!! He would be a great addition to the off-peak crew as we are always needing more! + Kenny is such a friendly player!

Best of luck,
    <3 icon

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Karin_88

Karin_88 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️

Ratings:
    +11
    +1 Kenny would be a great addition to the staff team, he's friendly and a very helpful player :) Plus his answers are very detailed and well-spoken! That attention to detail would be great for being a moderator.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $518
    Ratings:
    +1,363
    +1 you deserve a shot I never see you cause shit in chat or get in trouble gl.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. KoolAidManMc

KoolAidManMc Formerly CoolManPlayzMc
    President ⛰️⛰️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +49
    +1 nice person, would be great on staff

7. TheMansheep

TheMansheep President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +9
    +1 from me here. From what I've seen, Kenny has been nothing but helpful and friendly.