Staff Application: Karin_88

Discussion in 'Staff & Wiki Team Applications' started by Karin_88, Nov 10, 2019 at 3:56 PM.

1. Karin_88

Karin_88 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️

Ratings:
    +11
    - General Questions -

What is your Minecraft username? List your current username:
    Karin_88

What are your in-game ranks?

Mayor, and Survivor

How old are you?

When did you join EcoCityCraft?

September 12th, 2019 is when I joined the forums, I believe I joined the server 2-3 days before that though.

What time-zone are you in?

PST (Oregon, USA)

What time of the day do you usually play?

Usually anywhere between 3am PST until 9pm PST, everyday honestly. At the very least 5 hours at a time. This place and game are quite addicting :)

- Main Questions -

In your opinion, what is the purpose of Moderators on EcoCityCraft?

To make sure that the server is running smoothly, and to be there to help out when a new or old player has a question or a problem that needs solved. And to make sure that the server rules are followed, as this makes for an enjoyable experience for everyone.

Why do you want to be a Moderator?

I love helping people, and I've already grown to love this community. I play on here a lot and it would be awesome if I could help people legitimately. A lot of times when people have a question in global, I want to tell them the answer but I don't want to take away from the mods jobs. If I was a mod, I wouldn't have to worry about doing that.

Do you have any experience in moderating Xenforo forums or Minecraft servers?

I do not.

How have you been helping the community grow bigger and better?

I have helped quite a few new builders with tools to get them started, and answered any questions that they've had.

The staff team is always changing and improving. If you become a staff member, what is one thing you would like to change about the staff team?

I honestly wouldn't change a thing, the staff are great as they are and I'm not sure any thing needs to be worked on currently.

What specifically do you think puts you above the other applicants?
    Honestly, probably because I'm on a lot, so I'd always be around to help out. I only work 1-2 days a week, and when I'm not working or running errands, I'm on the server.

Why do you think that you may not be picked?

I have only been on the server for 2 months; even if I feel like I'm experienced enough to be a mod, others may not see it that way.

What do you need to improve on?
    I need to be more assertive, and need to stop second-guessing myself.

- Hypothetical Questions -

A new user logs on and immediately starts being inappropriate in chat. What would be your first action in this situation?
    First, give them a verbal warning to keep chat appropriate; then if they persisted, mute them.

A user is visiting a player shop and is confused on how to read and use the Chestshop signs. What would you do in this situation?

I would explain how each of the lines work on the signs, and what the text means, and then I'd tell them that to buy you right click, and to sell you left click.

A user starts talking in chat and they appear to be quite upset. It appears their permissions have been removed from the town they were currently living in. How would you approach this situation?

I would tpa to them and do /rg i to find out who is the mayor (or who are the mayors) of the town, then I would either contact the mayor(s) or tell the user to contact them and ask them why they were removed. I would also explain that most towns have eviction rules, and if they had been offline for more than 7 days (without telling the mayor what's up) then that could also be why they were removed.

New players often ask about how to claim land. What would be your response to this question?

I honestly think telling them /help land is a bit misleading, because that doesn't really get them the chance to get a /home in a town immediately. I would instead advise them to ask a mayor or post in /ch tr if there is anyone with a plot that they could have. I would still tell them to check out /help land, afterward.

A user asks what "Main North" is and how do they play on it. How would you answer?

I would explain that Main North is the second server, which was created earlier this year to help with overflow of people on Main. And then I would tell them that if they would like to go there, they just type /mn. Then, I would explain that the inventories between Main and Main North are separate, but other than that and aesthetics/players, there's really no difference between the two.

A new user is unsure how to get started and is spamming chat asking for help. What would you say or do to help this user?
    I would ask them nicely to not ask more than once, as that is considered spamming, and then I would answer whatever question they had, or help them with what they needed help with. Definitely tell them to check out /tutorial if they haven't yet, and to make sure they get their /kit starter to help them get a start on ECC.

A user kills another player in SG and proceeds to brag about how "easy" the kill was in chat. The two users then proceed to fill up global chat with a back and forth of insults and trash-talk. When another user complains, the two users respond by insisting that it's just "SG banter". How would you handle the situation?
    I would tell the two SG users to either chat in local by doing /ch l, or to chat in the private SG chat channel, which is /ch sg. And if they were using language directed at each other (i.e. "f**k you (name)"), I would give them a verbal warning not to do that.

A new user logs on and asks about what version the server is running on. How would you answer this question?

That the main servers are on the 1.13.2 version, but that 1.14 users are supported.

If a new user is asking about how to rank up and apply then how would you go about assisting them?

I would tell them to check out /help ranks, and that they need to start at Resident for the main ranks, but that they can get Survivor, Warrior, etc (all the ones at the bottom of the list) at any time. Then if they want to apply, they need to go to the ECC forums (make an account if they haven't yet), and check out the applications thread under "Applications and Special Features". Whichever rank they are wanting to apply for, they would need to go to that one and start a new thread with their application, after copying the correct application form.

A user logs onto the Lobby server and asks how to start an island. How would you answer them?

I would tell them that they will need to go to the Skyblock server, by typing /sb, and then all they would need to do to start an island would be to type /is start to start their island.

- Former Staff Questions -

(If you have never been on the staff team, you may leave these questions blank)

When were you last on the staff team and how long were you a staff member?

What was your highest rank on the staff team?

What was your favorite part about being a staff member for EcoCityCraft?

If you were to return to the staff team, what would you do differently?

- Other Questions -

Do you consider yourself a risk taker?

Somewhat, it really depends on what the risk would be and the reward for it.

Do you consider yourself a leader?

In real life, I am much more likely to be a hard working team member, as I tend to be on the shy side around people I don't know. However, if it is people I am comfortable with, I do not mind taking the lead on things. On ECC, I can see myself taking the lead when I'd need to, because it doesn't involve face to face interations.

How do you manage stress?

I am fairly good at it most of the time, I get anxiety like anyone else of course. I work at a fast-paced restaurant, and am the single server/cashier during the shift, so I am well used to being under stress when it gets busy. I am also a great multi-tasker, and somehow that helps me more during stressful situations.

Finally, is there anything else you would like to add?

I just want to say that the current staff is amazing! I would love to be apart of the ECC staff team!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #1 Karin_88, Nov 10, 2019 at 3:56 PM
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019 at 8:31 AM
  2. KoolAidManMc

KoolAidManMc Formerly CoolManPlayzMc
    President ⛰️⛰️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +49
    HUGE +1 on my end. Very kind person and would be an amazing member on the team.

#2 KoolAidManMc, Nov 10, 2019 at 9:25 PM
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019 at 1:48 PM
  3. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1,199
    I would hate to agree with the person above for obvious reasons.

HOWEVER!

Karin is one of the most friendliest people on ECC. Despite having joined the server only recently she has integrated with the community with her charm and kindness.

+1 good luck with your application!

• Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  4. TheMansheep

TheMansheep President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +9
    Another +1 from me. Experience is something you can easily gain while doing the things you do, and familiarising yourself with the server is also something you can do while you enact the role. Personality is something you can't learn however, and Karin is brimming with the kind of personality I like to see in those that are tasked with helping out the server as a whole! Best of luck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Libbyyjo

Libbyyjo Mother of Cats
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +191
    +1
    Karin for staff or I'll light the server room on fire.

6. Shmoogedy

Shmoogedy Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️

Ratings:
    +3
    Just the thought of Kairn for staff fills my heart with overflowing joy +1

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. yokeby52

yokeby52 Founders - The Beginning
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings: