[Staff Application] ArthurAquaman

Discussion in 'Staff & Wiki Team Applications' started by ArthurAquaman, Nov 10, 2019 at 10:45 PM.

1. ArthurAquaman

ArthurAquaman Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️

Ratings:
    +48
    General Questions

What is your Minecraft username?
    ArthurAquaman

What are your in-game ranks?
    I have the Tycoon rank

How old are you?
    Yes I am young, I am 10 years old

When did you join EcoCityCraft?
    I joined ECC around the 18th-21st of February

What time-zone are you in?

What time of the day do you usually play?
    I play for 2-5 hours every day, some Thursdays I play only 1 and a half - 3 hours

Main Questions

In your opinion, what is the purpose of Moderators on EcoCityCraft?
    Moderators on ECC are to keep the chat clean, e.g. no racism etc, also to handle rank up applications, uphold contracts, but mainly, keeping the server running & giving players a better experience

Why do you want to be a Moderator?

Do you have any experience in moderating Xenforo forums or Minecraft servers?
    I used to own a minecraft server - shut down

How have you been helping the community grow bigger and better?
    I have gotten family members/friends to play, I have welcomed and helped new players by telling them commands & giving them some tips

The staff team is always changing and improving. If you become a staff member, what is one thing you would like to change about the staff team?
    Well, I currently think ECC has an amazing staff system, and I wouldn't really change much at all, basically nothing, but, I am sure I would have some ideas if I became staff & got a bit more off a feel for the system and all that

What specifically do you think puts you above the other applicants?
    One of the main things is; I often find that there aren't many moderators online when I am (no one to help new players when they join) and I check forums every 20-30 minutes so I can do apps, contracts, ban appeals etc faster

Why do you think that you may not be picked?
    I sometimes get a bit "down" and I use a lot of sarcasm and do some stupid things

Hypothetical Questions

A new user logs on and immediately starts being inappropriate in chat. What would be your first action in this situation?
    I would say "let's not please :)" if they continued I would tell them again + issue a short mute

A user is visiting a player shop and is confused on how to read and use the Chestshop signs. What would you do in this situation?
    I would say "S means you sell to them, left click, B means buy from them, right click

A user starts talking in chat and they appear to be quite upset. It appears their permissions have been removed from the town they were currently living in. How would you approach this situation?
    I would move to a private channel with them and ask which town and if they knew why they were removed, and, if they were given a 3 day notice, If not I would contact the owner and brief him about town ownership rules

New players often ask about how to claim land. What would be your response to this question?
    I would say "when you rank up to [Mayor] you get a 100x100-200x200 town, it is $15k ECD for [Resident] and $85,000 for [Mayor], you can apply for a rankup via forums, do /help resident for a link to apply once tha has earned the cash

A user asks what "Main North" is and how do they play on it. How would you answer?
    MainNorth is where new players are directed when main is full, use /buy and donate to the server to bypass this, do /mn to get to MainNorth

A new user is unsure how to get started and is spamming chat asking for help. What would you say or do to help this user?
    I would say "Hey please stop the spam, I would recommend using /turorial to learn more about ECC :) if you have any questions feel free to ask, you won't be ignored :)"

A user kills another player in SG and proceeds to brag about how "easy" the kill was in chat. The two users then proceed to fill up global chat with a back and forth of insults and trash-talk. When another user complains, the two users respond by insisting that it's just "SG banter". How would you handle the situation?
    I would say "Please move to a PM or /ch SG if you want to quarrel" if they carried on filling up global I would issue a short mute to both players

A new user logs on and asks about what version the server is running on. How would you answer this question?
    I would say "Main/MainNorth is running on 1.13.2 but you can use anything above that, skyblock is 1.12.2 and VMR is 1.13.2"

If a new user is asking about how to rank up and apply then how would you go about assisting them?
    I would say "it is $15,000 ECD for the next rank (resident) do /help resident for a link to apply on forums, do /help ranks for a list of all ranks :)"

A user logs onto the Lobby server and asks how to start an island. How would you answer them?
    I would say "do /sb then do /is create then choose your island =D"

Other Questions

Do you consider yourself a risk taker?
    Yes and no, it depends on the risk, I'd probably say no

Do you consider yourself a leader?
    Yes I like to lead

How do you manage stress?
    I take a deep breath & remind myself it's not the end of the world

Finally, is there anything else you would like to add?
    Yes, I am young, Yes I have bans on my record, I have matured,
    Thank You

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Omgwow Omgwow x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  2. a_man21

a_man21 Retired Server Admin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,695
    Just by looking at the ban appeals you have filed I can tell you aren't ready for staff. In one appeal it comes up that you admitted privately to killing someone on purpose and then you get caught lying about it on your appeal, and then on the other you literally admit to logging into someone else's account to give yourself stuff, and then you say you had no ill intention and you couldn't seem to comprehend that what you did is wrong. I said it before, and I'll say it again: Bruh. You say you have matured past your mistakes, but you have a tendency to keep doing stuff that is, for lack of a better term, just plain stupid.

You may be one of the most articulate 10 year old children I have ever seen, but I still do not think you are ready for staff. Once your actions show the same amount of maturity and self-awareness that your words do, maybe you will be ready.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    #2 a_man21, Nov 10, 2019 at 11:23 PM
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019 at 11:24 PM
  3. ArthurAquaman

ArthurAquaman Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️

Ratings:
    +48
    Thank you for your feedback :)

4. Jdawger

Jdawger Littlepip Sponsor | Fallout: Equestria
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,805
    Didn’t you create that storage wars knockoff that smelled like a gray-area scam, had many long-time users express concerns about how sketchy it felt, then precede to get really pissy at everyone and demand staff delete all the concerns so nobody could see them and just bid “blindly?” Plus, when people questioned it in global chat too, you kind of lashed out on them.

I gotta admit, that was one of the most immature things I’ve see from anyone in ECC, and I’ve seen a lot in my half decade plus on this server

I will add that this did take place in between this app and your last one. You stated you’ve matured, but you haven’t at all.

-1 obviously

#4 Jdawger, Nov 11, 2019 at 3:13 AM
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019 at 3:19 AM
  5. Jdawger

Jdawger Littlepip Sponsor | Fallout: Equestria
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,805
    Also, didn’t you get unbanned mid-September, meaning you aren’t eligible anyway

(iirc, you cannot apply for staff if you were banned within 3 months of applying, unless that changed)

6. KoolAidManMc

KoolAidManMc Formerly CoolManPlayzMc
    President ⛰️⛰️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +49
    Honestly -1, you’re immature (I mean, I am kinda immature too.) and I don’t think you’re ready for staff yet.

#6 KoolAidManMc, Nov 11, 2019 at 10:54 AM
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019 at 10:55 AM
  7. ArthurAquaman

ArthurAquaman Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️

Ratings:
    +48
    Oh I'm not sure, if I'm not eligible please lock this Mods :)