Denied [SkyBlock Server Suggestion] Ban alts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Natelev, Nov 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,031,351
    Ratings:
    +290
    In Game Name:
    Natelev
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    SkyBlock Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Ban alts
    What are you suggesting:
    Apply the current rules for alt accounts on main to the skyblock server.
    This means that alt accounts on skyblock won't be able to benefit your main account in any way, which extends to using alt accounts to AFK spawners.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    1. Money spent on alts goes towards microsoft. If people decide to spend USD on this server, it should go towards the server

2. Alts are the reason that people have been able to mass produce skyblock levels this much. Alts have taken the hardcore out of hardcore economy. Without alts, people would be forced to at least spend more time playing on skyblock to get to the top, making it more hardcore.

3. Since people would have to play more on skyblock to get to the top without alts, we could re-introduce rewards for main at some point such as ISR without worrying about mass-inflation. With the way skyblock currently works, there's no way we can re-introduce isr with ecd rewards.
    E.g. I use my alt to afk my spawners for the entire day, producing 500+ levels daily. I used to mass sell those levels to other people so they could use them for ISR, bringing far too much effortless money into the economy. This was a huge problem that could be completely fixed by banning alts.

4. People can't buy alts with ECD. One of the things I love about this server is how it's relatively easy to buy donation features from other players with ECD. I personally have about $1500 USD in features, all of which have been bought from other players with ecd. However, buying alt accounts from other players with ecd is obviously illegal, creating a barrier for players who have the time to grind for features but don't otherwise spend real money on the server.

5. Building on the above point, people without alts just can't compete in skyblock. This has completely alienated people who don't have alts on skyblock, and in my opinion is a large reason why so many people have quit playing skyblock completely. Alts have become a necessary aspect of skyblock to do well at all - but it doesn't have to be that way.

So tl;dr:
    Alts are a waste of money that could otherwise be spent on the server.
    Alts make skyblock far less hardcore.
    Alts have ruined main rewards for playing skyblock in the past, and will prevent main rewards for playing skyblock from being brought back.
    Alts act as an unnecessary barrier to people who have time to grind and buy features with ecd, but who don't spend USD themselves
    Alts have created an uneven playing field in skyblock that isn't even based on the economy being hardcore. This alienates the majority of players who don't have alts
    Other information:
    I think that a lot of people who have alts want to keep alts because it personally benefits them. This is understandable, but it's very short-sighted because it's not what's best for the server, and will make skyblock far less fun in the long run. Skyblock is dead right now, but I think that we can bring people back to skyblock by making changes to it. Right now, people who don't have alts have been completely alienated from skyblock because they can't compete. Opening up the server to people without alts would bring a larger playerbase that would actively play instead of afk-ing in skyblock all day.
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Potato Potato x 3
    • List
  2. Nick0jenna

Nick0jenna Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +141
    I agree with everything except the post title ( I don't think alts should be banned outright, just not allowed to benefit peoples main accounts). I do not believe people should be allowed to use alts on skyblock as it takes away from the point of the game and vastly reduces the difficulty here on our "hard core" server. If not removing alt/main interactions there should at very least be a crazy high server donation amount to be able to do so.

3. SynWannabe

SynWannabe Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +80
    As I heard Andrew even say today, this server is a hardcore server. Things shouldn't be easy. The use of alts makes skyblock unbelievably easy and unfair.
    I've heard people using their alt to spawn mobs at their mob spawner while their main is off doing what ever they want to do and the main gets everything from it. the money the exp and the skyblock levels.

It drives the fun and competitiveness out of skyblock because the best islands are always going to be the ones with the alts doing everything for them afk.

4. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,515
    There is literally no competition in skyblock since the only goal is to get prestige.

#4 BobbyBlack, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  5. SynWannabe

SynWannabe Builder

Ratings:
    +80
    If i were to get into skyblock the only reason was to compete to be the best skyblock island.
    I'm sure im not the only person who strives to be the best and the top.

6. BobbyBlack

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,515
    Judging by the CURRENT is leaderboard. you would be the only one striving to be the best and the top xd

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Nick0jenna

Nick0jenna Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +141
    @Bobbyyyyyy If I potato'ed peoples posts I would do so to your first one...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  8. Mcguy65

Mcguy65 Dirt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +631
    Sorry what? You just came back last week, have you even logged into skyblock yet? Try to get some time under your belt before giving feedback on a impactful suggestion..

#8 Mcguy65, Nov 26, 2018
  9. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod

EcoDollars:
    $1,031,351
    Ratings:
    +290
    That's because everyone who actually used to play skyblock because they enjoyed it quit.
    One of my points is that if the rules for alts are changed, I think people would come back to skyblock and start playing it as it's own gamemode instead of just trying to get prestige.

Since everyone else was alienated, the only people still left playing skyblock are the ones playing prestige. It wasn't always like that and it definitely doesn't have to stay like that.

10. BobbyBlack

Ratings:
    +1,515
    Feel free to check the is leaderboards. everyone got 15k then stopped leveling. If they are any higher it was because of /isr.

11. Nick0jenna

Nick0jenna Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +141
    how did they get there? Alts.

12. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod

EcoDollars:
    $1,031,351
    Ratings:
    +290
    Please leave meaningful feedback on this suggestion by engaging with people's opinions and points.

#12 Natelev, Nov 26, 2018
  13. BobbyBlack

Ratings:
    +1,515
    Your reply has nothing to do with what i said at all. Syn commented on him playing skyblock for competition and i simply told him there is no competition. Your reply doesnt seem to have to do with anything im saying.

#13 BobbyBlack, Nov 26, 2018
  14. Nick0jenna

Nick0jenna Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +141
    Are we reading different posts? The reason for this posts is about alts.... Please remove your own head from ass before calling my " headass stuff"

15. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod

EcoDollars:
    $1,031,351
    Ratings:
    +290
    There's no competition because all the other players quit. I've addressed this myself, and I think banning alts will fix this.

16. LJKAzrael

LJKAzrael Freelancer | Ikigai

Ratings:
    +372
    You realise it would still be very easy to afk with my main only. Spawners can be centralized to one area to maintain activity. This wouldn't make skyblock "hardcore" for most players who paid in.

I only see this impacting iron golem and zombie pigmen farms.

-1 Stupid.

17. Nick0jenna

Nick0jenna Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +141
    If its easy to afk with your main, why need an alt? That's the whole point of this.

18. SynWannabe

SynWannabe Builder

Ratings:
    +80
    Sorry what? you think I don't try things out? Alts give an unfair advantage. I see no point in going far into skyblock as we have 1 month left of it so yeah I'm not going to put any effort into it. Thanks for your message tho <3

19. Nick0jenna

Nick0jenna Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +141
    Been on skyblock since like day 2 of its introduction and I feel the same way...

20. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod

EcoDollars:
    $1,031,351
    Ratings:
    +290
    This isn't a post about banning automation or afking. I think that people should have to go out of their way to build their islands to be centralised instead of using multiple alts to afk massive farms, and if they want to use their main then that's fine. Of course people would either have to play skyblock more or at least not play on city while afking with their main.

Also iron golem and zombie pigmen farms are a huge factor in this suggestion. Iron/gold farms are what let people mass produce levels throughout the entire day.

#20 Natelev, Nov 26, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.