Denied [SkyBlock Server Suggestion] Achievable Endgoals/Economic Value

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jmichael214, Dec 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmichael214

jmichael214 Back Again, Apparently
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    In Game Name:
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    SkyBlock Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Achievable Endgoals/Economic Value
    What are you suggesting:
    Achievable Skyblock endgoals and returning some economic value for playing it.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Well, I understand that people buying 15,000 levels wasn't what was intended, and needed to be changed. But the current requirements for Skyblock prestige seem astronomical, there isn't any economic value to playing it, and it doesn't seem like anyone much is playing it any more. In fact, many of the most enthusiastic Skyblock players haven't been terribly visible lately, and I wonder if they've left.
    Other information:
    It's a game mode that a lot of people have put a lot of work into, and it just seems to have ... died. When I look at the current setup, and see that a new season is about to begin, I think "well, why would I play that?" But I'm not an experienced Skyblock player -- maybe I'm wrong.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    I don't think this would require anything like that. The game mode previously had less draconian endgoals, and added economic value on Main. I'm no expert, though.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 jmichael214, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  2. padsen

padsen Glory to Arstotzka!
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,643
    Despite the irs money making potential over the roof without something similar there is just no insentive. Skyblock currently has 0 reward unless you reach/sell prestige, which requires 100s of hours.

+1

I still think we need top 10 rewards.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Rewarding the top 10 does essentially nothing, it does exactly what it currently does, just rewards to people going for prestige.
    I think @jmichael214 is looking for a broader picture to actually encourage users to at least pick it up and try it out.

I myself cannot commit to playing skyblock because unless you have the kits, there is no point in playing it, which is probably why a lot of others wont bother starting next season.

You need 15,000 levels in the first month, meaning you need 500 levels a day, for people who work say a 9-5 job during the week, that means you need to make around 100 levels a hour during the week. Thats ok if day 1 if you have kits and luckily pull certain spawners and get all those block kits in but I would hazard a guess and say that it would be close to impossible to do that without any kits of any kind.

And when people see that and think its 15k or nothing, I think they choose the latter.

4. communism1

communism1 Kingfish
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    +1

5. block_crusher

block_crusher Prestige 6, Ex-Ecolegend, $ EcoLeader $
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +979
    +1 I think prestige is a good incentive for playing skyblock. However saying that, I agree with the other users that there is no other incentive of playing skyblock with the current system and is especially difficult or near impossible for users without any kits.

6. Mochocrap

Mochocrap Lannister
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    I think the new requirements to achieve prestige will keep players playing skyblock for longer periods of time. That being said, even if you aren't playing skyblock for the prestige, you can still auto farm things like gold (for free) and iron (kind of free) and sell them to skyblock players for ECD. Thus, giving you incentive to play skyblock.

If I buy a spawner, and get 30k/day (/isr) I can get (30k x 4months[A Season] =) 3,600,000 simply by placing 2 and a half stacks of Iron blocks every 12 hours. It's a good thing /isr has been removed as it can be very easily exploited. Until /isr comes back, I don't believe any ECD will be generated simply because you play. And I don't know about you guys but this isn't something I think should be rushed. Fun tidbit, 3.6m gets you:
    Resident, Mayor, President, Tycoon, EcoLeader. And 1 Star Tool of your choosing with an additional $855,000 to burn a hole in your pocket.

https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/new-skyblock-prestige-requirements.179289/

7. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    This is an excellent suggestion to provide an incentive to enjoy the skyblock gamemode. While most of us are getting ready to enjoy our holiday time - andrew and staff are having to consider how to balance "carefully" between a functioning economy and making our gamemodes interesting.

8. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    I would like to see a automated tier which rewards players for participating and reaching certain levels.

10k ECD for reaching level 100 (10k Total)
    5k ECD for every 100 levels after until level 1000 (45k Total)
    2.5k ECD for every 250 level until 15k (140k Total)

If you reach level 15k in the season you earn 195k ECD total from the tier rewards listed above.

"Thats too much money you say!"
    Well, thats 48.75k ECD a month for the 4 month, for the amount of time you have probably played Skyblock, if you put the equivalent into main, you have a very high chance of earning more than that easily a month on main, so it doesnt make Skyblock the way to earn money. But players who like skyblock, will actually play it because there is a incentive, even if its minimal. That if they know they cant hit the prestige of 15k, they can still earn money and put it towards ranking up on main.

Dont alienate skyblock by just turning it into a prestige only thing, because some people actually like playing skyblock for what it is and they shouldn't be alienated because City/Main is meant to be Big thing, they can both exist and compliment each other.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    This!

There is absolutely no way I can dedicate the time I need to earn 15.000 levels because of my job (and I have kits!). I just can’t invest the time needed. This is just for 15,000 levels. Now that each month the level amount goes up and up... there is absolutely no way I can do this.

So I quit playing.

I love Mission’s idea. As much as I’m playing for prestige, it would be nice to get something for failure in getting 15,000 levels. It would also be nice to leave it at 15,000 the whole season. Just because some people can get the levels in a month, that doesn’t mean everyone can. You are setting the bar too high for the majority of the server.

+1

10. jmichael214

jmichael214 Back Again, Apparently
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    Who would the customers be, in this scenario? Or, to put it more bluntly, "what skyblock players?"

I agree completely. VMR inserts money into the economy in spite of being a separate gamemode. Some sort of adjustment to incentivize Skyblock again could do the same, and Mission's idea above is strong. Beyond that, though, part of my original point is that the new prestige requirements don't seem achievable, either. I don't want that to get lost in the mix.

#10 jmichael214, Dec 25, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  11. Mochocrap

Mochocrap Lannister
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    People that are trying to get the; now monthly goal, to achieve prestige.

12. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    At this time, the SkyBlock game mode earns you money on main by Prestiging through it.
    We will not be offering ECD rewards for Skyblock as they are far too volatile and impossible to perfect.

Further more, even if we wanted to, our SkyBlock server is stuck on 1.12.2 and cannot get ANY custom code towards it what so ever until we have it ready for 1.13.2 - Which won't be until Season 4 or 5 due to the SkyBlock plugin currently being completely rewritten, with the old one having been ditched.

You are welcome to make ECD suggestions for SkyBlock once it's on 1.13.2.
    At this time, SkyBlock is a game mode to prestige through, I'm sorry if it's not enough to get some of you playing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #12 andrewkm, Dec 27, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.