[Skyblock] No Natural Hostile Mob Spawns

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by ajp79, Sep 19, 2018.

1. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    Minecraft Username:
    ajp79
    Brief Description:
    Same ongoing issue since last round... Significant periods of time where no hostile mobs spawn on an island under correct vanilla conditions (light, area, traps, etc..) This was not the case initially, which continues to lead me to the suggestion it is impacted by a cap or the stack plugins code... I know we raised it, but why are there no mobs?
    Instructions:
    Remove light from your is....wait and no hostile mobs spawn.. same in any type of traps... ive done extensive testing as well as confirmed it appears to be server wide. I have found that if mobs spawned from spawners (from AFKing) natural mobs will spawn.
    How many times did you recreate this?:
    7 days strait...mainly in est time AM/early afternoon. Several other islands confirmed the issue as well.
    Result:
    No natural hostile mobs spawn. Prevents the ability to complete certain challenges and ultimately for players to get certain mob drops without purchasing spawners.
    Expected Result:
    Everyone takes damage.
    Evidence:
    Hoping other players comment below with similar results.. I will keep checking as days go by to see if anything changes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  2. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    My island always has hostile mobs, it's annoying as shit. They even spawn in places that are well lit sometimes. Idk how you are having this issue lol

3. ajp79

ajp79 President

Ratings:
    +912
    when was the last time you were on your is? can i see it please?

4. Jsib06

Jsib06 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    I have been online for the last hour or so and have not once seen a hostile mob. Usually I have fairly regular spawns. Please check in to this.

5. BobbyBlack

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    I was on my island last night and seen plenty of mobs

6. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I personally have noticed that mob spawning is quite hit or miss, or so it seems. I also have mobs spawn in well lit areas at times. As for the challenge that needs the enderman, zombie, skele, creeper, spider, I feel there is no hope of me ever completing that one as I can always get close, but am always missing one or another :(

7. ajp79

ajp79 President

Ratings:
    +912
    i continue to find that with the amount of afking and leaving mass stacks of hostile mobs is having some form of impact on the servers ability to spawn additional, especially natural spawns.. i have notice as these stacks are reduced in time mobs begin to spawn naturally although in a limited capacity. It appears that the more players afk the more it impacts normal spawn rates..

again this is just a theory but as we killed off some stacks this morning we started seeing mobs spawn again. I assume this is mostly seen in off peak times as most afking is done then. once the server pop increases and moms killed off things start to normalize. Not sure how or what can be done to fix this.

It could be plugin related or due to a server cap to reduce lag?

hope this helps...

8. BobbyBlack

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Well yeah, if you have alot of mobs spawned there spawn rates decrease im pretty sure. so if you have like a pigmen natural spawner and it has alot of mobs you wont see alot of natural spawns.

9. PyroTechnix_

PyroTechnix_ Professional Coffee Drinker
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +291
    When I first started my own island I had plenty of hostile mobs spawning naturally and had no spawner placed, however I have seen many island owners say that they had no hostile mobs spawning. So I'm not sure what is happening here, and I doubt the change in the cap limit has a big play or any play in this at all

10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    We cannot raise the cap any higher. Please look into your island setup.

11. ajp79

ajp79 President

Ratings:
    +912
    I don’t understand what you mean? It doesn’t have anything to do with the set up..

12. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I cannot reproduce this issue and still get plenty of mobs on my island. You will need to look into your island setup and perhaps compare it with those who do not have the issue as mentioned above. If you have plenty of spawners spawning mobs, this will affect natural mob spawns.

#12 andrewkm, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  13. ajp79

ajp79 President

Ratings:
    +912
    There have been multiple islands we have confirmed with the same issue..

I have 0 spawners on my island.. it has been completely dark.. basically I can’t find anything that could be preventing them from spawning..

I also have a 20x20 platform trap with 3 levels with no spawns as well.

Yes.. at times there are a few spawns here and there but nothing like there should be.

The last week or so I have been going island to island with the same result.

Now the majority of this time is off peak early am est. but I have verified similar issues during peak times as well.

At this point I’ve just moved on to other options so this can be locked. Was just trying to help.

14. PyroTechnix_

PyroTechnix_ Professional Coffee Drinker
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +291
    @ajp79 Not long back I had visited 42basketball's island and found a large iron block platform underneath the island. It had no light source and was spawning plenty of hostile mobs. I went there today and waited for about 10 minutes yet found no hostile mobs spawned on the same platform again with no lighting. Maybe it could be the total amount of mobs on the SkyBlock server affecting the natural spawn rate of hostile mobs. For example if the amount of spawners active on the server is high, then the amount of naturally spawned mobs is low and vice versa. Only other suggestion I could really think of regarding this, sorry if this doesn't help :/

15. Aqua_Luna3

Aqua_Luna3 Ex-SMod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +615
    Hostile mobs are still spawning fine on the island I am on. However, they are spawning less then they have in the past. Not a huge deal though.

16. ajp79

ajp79 President

Ratings:
    +912
    Yeah.. at this point it appears it related to the amount of mobs that are stacked that are likely caused by obscene amounts of afking during off peak hours..although lately even as those are killed off spawns are still limited. I guess it just depends on when you are logged on.. my concern is that as more and more spawners are purchased and more and more massive gold farms are being built we will eventually get to a point where it will get to a point where natural spawns will no longer exist and/or lag will began to be an issue. Prob a bit far down the road but figured it needed to be brought to Andrews attention.

I know that a serverwide grinder is not a popular suggestion, however at some point we need to consider newer players and there ability to have access to mobs and challenges. For now I guess we will just have to see what happens.

17. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    SkyBlock season resets prevent this from ever becoming a major problem. ;) Perhaps in month 4 things will start to slow down, but definitely not by much with the latest performance changes we made.

18. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    It’s also worth mentioning here, the more players and mobs spawning on the server at any given time the less they will spawn over all. There is after all a server wide limitation.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #18 andrewkm, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  19. BuyLowSeIIHigh

BuyLowSeIIHigh Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +41
    I have a proper hostile mob spawn room in SB that has produced increments of 2-3 mobs (sometimes 0) per couple hours of playing per day for the last week or so.
    About two weeks ago the spawn room worked OK.

If my hostile mobs are now instead spawning in the top level island spawn rooms, then that's majorly overlooked and needs a fix. I'm not able to complete the challenges or get my zombie villagers.

20. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Perhaps reach out to a staff member or known SkyBlock user to check your setup out and see what can be improved.
    @UnitedStates2 & @ClarinetPhoenix please check this user's setup and see what can be improved along side other staff members.