Denied [Skyblock] Add Forum Medals for the Skyblock Challenges

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jdawger, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    Minecraft Name:
    Jdawger

Suggestion:
    Create Four forum medals for completing 2-3 sections of Challenges in full (One for both Novice and Competent fully complete; one for both Expert and Advanced fully complete; one for both Batch'n'Go and Elite fully complete; and one for Legendary, Epic, and Godly fully complete).

Reason:
    Typically, nobody ever pursues a challenge past the initial (and never to the full 100/100), especially if the repeat reward is worth less than the items required. This will give players incentive to complete ALL the challenges in full.

Any Other Information:
    Skyblock is now the most popular server in ECC (having at least 3x the amount of players compared to the main and VMR combined), yet only has one medal so far.
    Plus, if the only way to obtain these medals is through the forum, then that will also boost forum activity!

#1 Jdawger, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  2. Aqua_Luna3

Aqua_Luna3 Ex-SMod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +615
    What if a medal was given when all the challenges were completed, not just one section?

#2 Aqua_Luna3, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  3. padsen

padsen Glory to Arstotzka!
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,643
    all the challenges?

there is a challenge to get level 50k i think.

No

Edit: +1 to the main suggestion

#3 padsen, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  4. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    Andrew took away a few medals to make way for new ones. I think a medal for completing each challenge level would just crowd our already crowded medals. As stated, maybe for completion of every single challenge someone could get a medal.

5. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    Ya know, I agree that we need to limit medal count. A medal for every two would be good. I’ll edit it when I’m not driving

#5 Jdawger, Jun 11, 2018
  6. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,269
    I derived the initial suggestion based on what @Ladyvamptress suggested/stated. Now I’m suggesting four medals in total for challenges (2-3 challenges per medal)

#6 Jdawger, Jun 11, 2018
  7. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    Not sure how you took my comment. I meant 1 medal for completion of all the challenges. Much like how we have a booklet medal on vmr, you get a medal for collecting every single item in the booklet... people in Skyblock can get a medal for completion of every single challenge.

8. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,269
    I initially thought that at first, but unlike VMR, Skyblock is a bigger server. I understood what u said, it just got me thinking.
    Plus, have you seen some of the higher challenges? One is literally have an island level of 50,000. Another is Obtain 100 of every music disc (to fully complete it). If it’s one medal for all challenges, I believe at least 95% of the players will not even try to attempt it as it may be a little overwhelming for them. A medal for every two fully completed (for a total of 4 medals) might be a little less overwhelming.

(And just to clarify, when I say “fully complete,” I mean that all challenges in a section must be at 100/100 If repeatable and 1/1 if it’s not)

9. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    We will only have 1-2 medals at max per server we release.
    I am already unhappy with the amount of medals we have on the main server and have done as much reduction as I can on those. This will absolutely not happen right now.

Medals will always stay at a max of 1-2 per server. (I am actually planning on removing two from main as it is far too crowded).
    As SkyBlock is brand new, I'm keeping my options open until the end of the year as to what I would like the second medal to be.

There absolutely may be a second medal, however, I just need to sit on it for a few months to figure out what I want the second medal goal to be. Will have to be difficult, just like the VMR booklet medal is.

#9 andrewkm, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    Now that I think about it, I may leave some of the medals I was planning to remove from Main. Might be a reason for some SkyBlock players to perhaps check out Main. As well, should they become interested in participating on our forums a bit more, they may end up wanting to get some nice badges on their profiles through the Main server. :)

#10 andrewkm, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.