SG kits make sg games unfair

Discussion in 'SG, PvP & Clans' started by Dejomony, Jun 3, 2013.

?

do you have the same problem?

Poll closed Jan 3, 2014.
  1. yes

21 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. no

26 vote(s)
    51.0%
  3. i dont play sg

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. Dejomony

Dejomony Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +5
    I just played a sg game and was winning (i had full iron armour and a iron sword the best you can get) and then a guy (i wont say his/her name) with a stone sword and 2 hits i was dead when i hit then 5 times. It just makes me angry seeing every single sg game i play people with kits coming in a beating up everybody even when you have the best armour etc it does not matter...
    Now many people will say "you need more skill" "you crap at sg"... I am fine with them asking for money but to some extent i am not fine with people getting a huge advantage over players who are not willing to pay / cant pay for a sg kit etc...
    I think some of the sg kits need to be nerfed or have a room where no sg kits are allowed just normal play and a room where sg kit are only allowed something on those lines...

2. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +928
    Yep it sucks doesn't it.

3. DarceBaug

DarceBaug Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +20
    OR... you can save up to buy kit donations. If you're playing SG for the money from winning, saving up for kits is like saving up for a melon sword, etc.

4. Dejomony

Dejomony Builder

Ratings:
    +5
    That does not help at all! I just want to have a fair game in sg

5. MattBrpQc

MattBrpQc Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +299
    Classic example...me, I used to play with my friend officepwnz123, eventually we would get to the final match and he would kill me because of his kit, I saved up and bought MIQ, now I own him and the sg, all you need to do is save up to buy a kit, end of story.

6. Dejomony

Dejomony Builder

Ratings:
    +5
    yes i know but it still makes the sg unfair i dont want a kit... i could get a kit but it defeats the purpose of the sg!

7. MattBrpQc

MattBrpQc Builder

Ratings:
    +299
    I will not fight with you on this, I have stated what I believe and will let you believe what you wish. Just know that kits are made to give paying players an advantage over others and they will never be removed.

8. Dejomony

Dejomony Builder

Ratings:
    +5
    I know this and that is why i am saying its unfair

9. DarceBaug

DarceBaug Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +20
    Unfair is saying that a business is not entitled to its revenue model. I'm sure the server owner(s) appreciate that you dislike the people that pay for features as a way of saying thank you for the fun they have in ECC.

SG makes more people buy server features. Since it's a server game, players that enjoy it will seek to get those features and those that do not simply won't play it.

10. runboy398

runboy398 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +44
    Hey, I have won the SG 13+ times without using any kits, and I disagree with the fact that kits make the games unfair.All you need is some skill, and with that you are invincible.I have killed people with kits before, and I dont think that kits make the SG unfair.

11. FiFyFoFumOtter

FiFyFoFumOtter Staff Member
    Moderator Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +117
    Saying kits are unfair is equivalent to saying the Fly or Teleport donation is unfair, for they both give payong players an advantage over the non paying ones

12. Dejomony

Dejomony Builder

Ratings:
    +5
    That is false you don't play against somebody who is flying.....

13. Falconaire

Falconaire Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,417
    Well, I feel I'm somewhat in the middle for this arguement. People saying you should buy a kit to fight the kits is pretty absurd. Not everyone is willing to spend money on a server just to get an enchanted stone sword every 30 minutes, even if it is for a server as awesome as ECC. But, I don't feel the kits are overpowered per say. Early game it's pretty rough to fight a donor, but if you get to death match with some good iron armor and an iron sword you should be able to match him. Team up with other players, take the advantage by sneaking up on him and getting the first hits off! It's definitely not impossible to kill someone with a kit.

14. FiFyFoFumOtter

Ratings:
    +117
    No, that's not what I meant. The sg kits give advantages to paying users, thus, it is equivalent to other donation ranks

15. Falconaire

Falconaire Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,417
    I know, I was actually referring more to Matt's response.

16. FiFyFoFumOtter

Ratings:
    +117
    I meant him, the creator of this thread

17. ajp79

ajp79 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +820
    There is no argument here. Every sg/hg server has kits and/or a paid advantage. Trust me I cam from one of the biggest and well known hg servers out there. The game has evolved and kits offer more intresting Strategy and playability. In the case of ecc there are prizes for winning which should require a sort of fee to participate. Everything on the server cost money, hence the term hard core economy. The kits are that fee and the reward is that you gain and advantage over non donators which is how it should be. From what I understand andrew chose to still allow the arenas to be public as a benefit for all the players of ecc. If you want to have the same advantages as donators, then do what eveyone else does and work for it. It wouldn't take long to save up the 120k of eco$.

18. MattBrpQc

MattBrpQc Builder

Ratings:
    +299
    I'm with you ajp, its honestly very absurd. All you need to do is save your money to help buy a kit. We play on a hardcore economy server! This is what it is, certain users are richer than others, these are social classes, but of course no one complains about the social classes, this is the case with the survival games. We are a different class in the games, simply, we have paid for an advantage. This is completely allowed and should not need to be discussed.

19. NickLA3107

NickLA3107 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $1,000
    Ratings:
    +208
    noobs, i could use a feather and still kill you all.

20. D0rc

D0rc Builder

Ratings:
    +110

That's not exactly how it works, though...

Having the teleport donation feature will quite rarely disbenefit those who lack the feature. In fact, through paying money or knowing a friend, you can still get free teleports from these people. Often, it benefits everybody for someone to have the feature.

SG kits...are different. The act of using one will make everyone else in your current game have a disadvantage - it effects them negatively. It directly makes the gameplay worse for them and thus, less enjoyable.

The main problem with this argument is that part of the purpose of adding SG in the first place was to bring in more users, (potential donors.) was it not? It seems logical on a first glance that this will benefit the server - and it will - however, in my personal opinion, if someone comes to play SG, having them immediately enjoy it and not be mis-lead to it being a donor-over-all game makes them more likely to get to know the community and more likely to stick around...maybe even getting involved in the economy part of the server.

Sure, maybe this won't be as effective at getting money: I don't know the statistics after all. However, I feel more potentially awesome users (and maybe even potential staff members.) might end up finding themselves here with the lack of the features. Keep in mind that people like this will probably donate far more in total than they might have for kits. This also would prevent threads like this from ever appearing.

And no, I'm not trying to argue the removal of the donation features. Too many people have donated for them. That's simply not possible. However, again, in my personal opinion, I feel it would have been a better choice to either have no features for it at all, or for the features to be significantly more underpowered. (Things that don't give a huge advantage at any point in the game, and only give items you can already obtain. I mean things like food, or a fishing rod/bow if you lack one from the chests (when the chests start containing these items.)) It's a little late to do much about kits now, though, even if the staff agreed with me.

wat.
    One of the biggest ones - if not the biggest one - is one I play/played on actively under an alt. (I've played just over 2000 games on SG, won nearly 1000 now. I know my SG. :p) They've been up for over a year now and still don't have in-game advantages for donating. (Since they are purely SG, they have things more like joining priority to full servers, extra votes for maps, etc.) That's enough talk about other servers now, though:

As for the rest of your post: I can see your point for strategy...if all the kits are balanced with each other and everyone gets some starter ones at least. (I really hope you aren't talking about the server(s) I think you are...or even worse, that other one...) But here, some kits are more overpowered than others, and those with them don't have to have much strategy at all. It only adds strategy for those unfortunate few who don't want to save up money to get someone to donate for them. Even then, donors have a cooldown, which discourages someone with a kit from playing until it's available again. Read things I explained above for more detail on some things I touched on here, though. :p

A sharpness II stone sword...is almost equal to a diamond sword with sharpness 1. (Only not equal due to randomness of enchants. It could be better or worse.) It's "4 tiers" higher. A wood sword to iron sword is a two tier different, but the stone is a 3 tier difference from iron, with knockback, allowing for the follow up of the power III bow. (Which, a fully charged shot of can deal about the third of the health of someone in full iron. Just three good shots...)

If that's not overpowered, I don't know what is. You need to hit the opponent nearly twice as much as he does you, and this is assuming the use of an iron sword, and that's assuming he doesn't land a single arrow, etc... Without the ability to have a bow or fishing rod, this is simply not feasible without some luck.

I really don't mean to offend anyone in this post, not even the server/decisions made. I just feel some things could have been executed better. Personally, it would take a lot of change to get me to want to play it actively. Sure, this is just my opinion, and maybe it's found insignificant alone, but consider that many of the people who might complain about these kinds of things aren't the kind of people to find their way to the forum or speak much about it. I know I'm not the only person with this kind of opinion, not nearly. Take it as you will.

#20 D0rc, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013