Rule Clarification

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by ldw116, Feb 22, 2019.

1. ldw116

ldw116 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +387
  2. Gillyyyyyy

Gillyyyyyy Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568
    A player who has been removed from the town for griefing under Section 2, Clause 3 above (Being warned by a staff member or banned for griefing in the town as a result of a Grief Report) does not need to be left added to the town.
    • Note: For a warning/ban for minor grief - A 3 day eviction notice must still be given under Section 2, Clause 3. During this time the player must still have the opportunity to collect their items. If necessary a town mayor can request the assistance of a staff member to supervise re-adding the player temporarily to collect their items to ensure that no further grief is committed
    • (from clause 4 also)
      • A user has been banned for Moderate+ grief in the town [will allow you to be able immediately file lwc requests].
    tl;dr: Main city server rules section 4 clause 3-4. The user in question was banned for minor grief in the town, therefore they still need a proper eviction notice (see here for instructions) or to be inactive for 7+ days for you to be able to remove their locks upon filing an lwc request.

3. ldw116

ldw116 Builder

Ratings:
    +387
    From the rulebook: the source of the confusion.

Section 4, Clause 3:
    However, under the following circumstances, the 3 day eviction criteria need not be met and the user may be removed from the town:
    • A user is inactive (by staff standards, this means at least 7 days offline.)
    • A user who has been banned for griefing in the town or warned by a staff member as a result of a Grief Report.
    • Players added to a region for a specific job upon completion of work or termination of employment.
    However, under the following circumstances, the 3 day eviction criteria need not be met and the user may be removed from the town:
    • A user who has been banned for griefing in the town or warned by a staff member as a result of a Grief Report.
    • Players added to a region for a specific job upon completion of work or termination of employment.
    Next up on the contradiction train;
    Section 4, Clause 4,
    Clause 4 - LWC Removal Requests(top)
    • LWCs in towns may only be removed with a request in the Staff Requests forum by the mayor or co-mayor of the town under the following circumstances:
      • A user has been issued a 3 day eviction notice that complies with the requirements above in Clause 3. Proof of the eviction notice must be provided.
      • A user has been banned for Moderate+ grief in the town.
      • A user has been requested to remove their locks via an eviction notice and has outrightly declined to do so (timestamped proof of declination to remove locks must be provided with the request.)
    Let's further confuse everything right!
    Also from Section 3, Clause 4

f the town has the interact flag set to deny, players must still have perms to the town when the request is filed and may only be removed after a staff member has handled it. This is irrespective of whether the 3 day eviction period has ended.
    • A player who has been removed from the town for griefing under Section 2, Clause 3 above (Being warned by a staff member or banned for griefing in the town as a result of a Grief Report) does not need to be left added to the town.
      • Note: For a warning/ban for minor grief - A 3 day eviction notice must still be given under Section 2, Clause 3. During this time the player must still have the opportunity to collect their items. If necessary a town mayor can request the assistance of a staff member to supervise re-adding the player temporarily to collect their items to ensure that no further grief is committed.
    A note: Section 2 Clause 3 does not exist.

Finally Clarinet recently cited the same section I highlighted in green above (Seeing this is why I posted this thread)
    https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/thre...-mayors-permission-edits.181084/#post-1006667

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Gillyyyyyy

Gillyyyyyy Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568
    I'm not sure I understand your confusion anymore. Section 4 clause 3 is about evictions, not lwc requests. You should mostly be looking at section 4 clause 4. There are some places that seem a bit off but here's the basic rule.

Immediate eviction: 7+ days offline, warned/banned from griefing, finished working on a temporary thing such as a job.
    Immediate lwc request: 7+ days offline, after 3-day eviction notice, banned for moderate+ grief.

Once again bringing this to the specific situation, the user was banned for minor grief in the town, so according to the rules you can immediately remove them from the town to prevent further griefing when they come back. But you cannot file an lwc request until you properly evict them, including waiting until they're offline for 7+ days or giving them a 3-day eviction notice that they are able to see. Additionally if the player comes back before 7 days of inactivity, they needs a chance to be able to remove their stuff from the town (basically nothing that will prohibit them from removing their chest items), and as stated in the rules they may need to be temporarily added again to collect their building materials, etc.

Maybe you're confused by the way lwc requests and evictions are so close to each other in the clauses, but these are two separate things. I do agree that there are some things that can be slightly modified for better understanding in the future, but the rules for "immediate" eviction (as I see them) and lwc requests are seen and taken directly from reading the rules several times for me to be able to understand and apply them.

• List
  5. ldw116

ldw116 Builder

Ratings:
    +387
    I think my confusion is that Clause 3 is titled:
    Clause 3 - Seizure of Property & 3 Day Eviction Notices
    The seizure of property, to me, meant lwc property, thus confusing everything.
    IMO the two rules should be uniform and you shouldnt have to wait a week for players who are temp banned for grief.

6. ldw116

ldw116 Builder

Ratings:
    +387
    I guess Im basically suggesting that this be written in the rules:

Immediate eviction: 7+ days offline, warned/banned from griefing, finished working on a temporary thing such as a job.
    Immediate lwc request: 7+ days offline, after 3-day eviction notice, banned for moderate+ grief.

Like the current rules while technically not contradictory do appear to be so at first glance and thus maybe they should be distilled.

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,064
  8. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,379
    Section 4, Clause 3
    Section 4, Clause 4
    @ldw116 I'm a little confused about what you want added to the rules. Both sections list the requirements that you're requesting added.

9. ldw116

ldw116 Builder

Ratings:
    +387
    Looking back again maybe all that is confusing is Clause 3's heading. I think I was confused by the property seizure part in the heading.

Separately clause 4 references Section 2 Clause 3, which does not exist.
    Further section 2 clause 2 references section 8 which also does not exist

• List
  10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,064
  11. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,379
    This is leftover from when I removed and re-ordered sections of the rules to create a Network-wide and a Main City specific rules. I didn't catch all the section references when I reviewed them.
    I changed them to reference the correct sections now. Section 8 used to be Feature Abuse rules, that section is now Section 7 in the rules. Section 2 used to be the Town Rules, that is now Section 4.

Edits made.

#11 ClarinetPhoenix, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  12. ldw116

ldw116 Builder

Ratings:
    +387
    I am more than satisfied as this post was really just for my own knowledge so unless @ClarinetPhoenix has anything else this can be locked

13. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,064