By andrewkm on Sep 28, 2018 at 1:12 AM
  1. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    A quick news post to inform users on the recent down times this month of September.
    The quick and very simplified version is this,

EcoCityCraft own's two machines:
    - Web machine.
    - Game machine.

Our web machine hosts all our web services, including our database server.
    Our game machine hosts all our minecraft gaming servers.

Our game machine communicates with out web machine so that it can get information from the database server. (The database server has over 15 databases that the game server absolutely requires to function, such as logblock information, and all your LWC locks.)

Recently however, our web machine has been randomly crashing, an issue we are still investigating. Due to this, when the web machine has gone down, so have our gaming servers as they communicated with the web machine to access database information.

I am still investigating the web machine issue and am making progress regarding the cause of the troubles it's been having, which all started when we migrated from an old setup to a new one.

HOWEVER, just yesterday, I've made one very important change. I have moved all of our databases from the web machine to the game machine. This now means that the gaming servers no longer have to rely on accessing the web machine to stay online. When our web machine goes down due to ongoing issues, (something as mentioned I am still working on), this will not in any way affect the gaming servers any longer. (Other than not being able to communicate with the forum bank during the web machine investigations of course).

And, that's basically what's been going on. While the issues with the web machine continue to be investigated, you will no longer experience any downtime playing Minecraft due to it :).

#1 andrewkm, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'News, Announcements & Server Information' started by andrewkm, Sep 28, 2018.