Reaching edge of ECC teleports you to Mining spawn

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by Karin_88, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Karin_88

Karin_88 The Rainbow Ex-GA
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,196
    So I dunno if this is a bug/glitch or whatever, or if someone's already mentioned it, but I've experienced this quite a few times during the last two months maybe (I'd say at least since we updated to 1.15.1), this wouldn't happen before and it's not necessarily a huge deal, but it is odd. And I don't know if this matters, but this has always happened in MainNorth, never experienced this in Main, but then again I don't really mine there much.
    Sidenote: I apologize for the background noise during some of the parts of the video, I tried to cut some of it out when I wasn't talking.

Minecraft Username:
    Karin_88

Brief Description:
    When you reach the edge of EcoCityCraft while underground/in a cave in /warp mining, sometimes it'll teleport you to the /warp mining spawn (I've also had it teleport to what looks like the top of the ground; however I didn't capture that this time). Also, using /back does not place you back to where you were.

Instructions:
    Kind of hard to recreate this, however if you reach the edge of EcoCityCraft underground, try to breach past the point where it should knock you back. If you can, /sethome first so you can get back to the spot to recreate again if needed, as using /back will not work.

How many times did you recreate this?:
    Twice before I started filming, twice whilst filming.

Result:
    Got teleported to /warp mining spawn, which afaik I was no where near.

Expected Result:
    Should get knocked back a few blocks when you try to breach past the "You have reached the edge of EcoCityCraft" message.

Evidence:

#1 Karin_88, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I am unable to reproduce this.
    Please provide co-ordinates of where this is happening.

Regarding /back, unfortunately the knock back method from the world border is not part of the /back'able locations.

3. Karin_88

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,196
    I unfortunately don't have the /home I saved at that time; however if I happen to reach the edge again today/tomorrow I'll make sure to post the co-ordinates for ya.

#3 Karin_88, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
  5. Videowiz92

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,183
    It seems as though you moved perpendicularly along the border and there wasn't any dug out areas for the border to teleport you away. That combined with a possible lava pool on the surface would fallback on the teleport leading to doing /spawn instead as the game would try to prevent from teleporting you into lava if that was at the highest block. Perhaps try replicating this method with lava on the surface and digging perpendicular next to the border so that there isn't any holes for you to be pushed into.

#5 Videowiz92, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Would really like some co-ordinates of this so I can examine it myself.
    What Videowiz92 is saying though sounds right to be honest.

7. KaylaBearBear

KaylaBearBear Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +134
    I've had it where if I go outside of the border like 3 times in a row, it teleports back to spawn. Often won't happen the first time, but only after multiple attempts of going past it.

8. Karin_88

Ratings:
    +1,196
    I have had no luck finding the Edge again, Andrew :/ Just this morning, I've been looking for the last 2 1/2 hours. If you can allow another day I'll continue searching.

9. zorracraft

zorracraft Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +171
    here: xyz: 4998 4 -4669 i just walk forward and go to mining spawn, the problem is probably the lava behind me

10. Karin_88

Ratings:
    +1,196
    Ok so I just found out that the mining world is always between the same coordinates lol (thanks @KaylaBearBear and @kenny0011)
    I tried a few unsuccessful teleports to different edge coordinates, but these coords specifically
    helped recreate this: /tppos 4995 75 4995 on MainNorth.

This time it was a bit different; I was on top of the ground, with nothing around me but trees, and when I tried to breach past the edge twice it took me to mining spawn. However, before I started recording, I had hit a certain spot on the edge above ground where it actually teleported me to below ground. I was able to catch that again towards the end of this video after repeatedly trying to breach the edge in multiple spots.

Video:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #10 Karin_88, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  11. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Thanks.
    I've reported this issue, but I highly doubt it will be fixed.
    Seems like a safety precaution due to your surroundings.

I was only able to reproduce it at @zorracraft 's co-ordinates.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    #11 andrewkm, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  12. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    This should now be fixed.
    Please let us know @Karin_88

13. Karin_88

Ratings:
    +1,196
    Well, one spot I checked was fine, I kept running into the edge and it just knocked me back (so no teleporting to spawn). I think that spot was 4999, 78, 4999, on MN.

-4999, 78, -4999 on MN did this, which is almost weirder than it was. It felt like I was jumping into a portal or something. Unless this was your intentions?

14. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Seems as though I was wrong, the submitted fix for this has not yet been approved and applied to the plugin.

#14 andrewkm, Apr 17, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020