Questions about Star Tools

Discussion in 'Economy & Market' started by zappy445, Aug 26, 2014.

?

Which Star Tool Should I Get?

1. Star Axe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Melon Sword

69.2%
  3. Star Rod

30.8%
  4. Star Tool? Why get one of those! Don't get one!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. zappy445

zappy445 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi everyone! My name is zappy445 and I am currently a resident on ecocitycraft. Throughout playing ecocitycraft, I have seen many people buying/selling star tools such as the Star Axe, Melon Sword, the Star Rod, and etc. As a farmer trying to make some profit, I am wondering if
    a.) Is it worth getting a star tool
    b.)Which of these star tools should I get (Star axe, Melon sword, or Star rod)
    c.)How profitable are each of these star tools
    d.)Advice on renting out Star tools to other player and which tool has high demand

Thank you everybody for looking over and (hopefully) replying to my post with useful information. I really appreciate it. If anyone else has questions about star tools, feel free to post them below and hopefully people will answer them as well.

(Note:I am not interested in an Eff7 atm)

#1 zappy445, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  2. _TANSTAAFL

_TANSTAAFL EcoLegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,426
    A. Yes
    B. Melon sword
    C. The msword and eff7 are the only ones that boost your $$/hour. The eff10 axe and shovel save you time when doing demolition work and don't really make more money. I don't have experience with the star rod.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

3. zappy445

zappy445 Builder

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you for your feedback, I have had other people suggest to me the melon sword and I am interested in it. However, I would like to find out a bit more about the Star rod as well since it seems to be popular.

4. Eros_Dynami

Eros_Dynami Builder

Ratings:
    +12
    I also want to know the money per hour on the star rod. From what I've heard, the melon sword makes about $16,500 an hour. I do hope more people post, this thread will definitely clear up a lot of the grey areas on the server for some of us lower ranking people.

Thank you for posting the thread zappy445!

5. DanieliMurphy

DanieliMurphy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +163
    You should get a melon sword I do not own one but have rented one and they are pretty good and the eff 7 is a good choice too

6. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    a.) Is it worth getting a star tool - Yes
    b.)Which of these star tools should I get (Star axe, Melon sword, or Star rod) - Melon Sword
    c.)How profitable are each of these star tools - in ascending order. Axe/Rod/Sword.
    d.)Advice on renting out Star tools to other player and which tool has high demand - Don't :stop:

7. vampire_DBR9

vampire_DBR9 Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    people don't give u back ur star tools if you rent them-
    I lost the melon sword, star rod and pumpkin axe for renting them out!
    (about 200k?????)

8. xHarambae

xHarambae President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +549
    Please explain how you lost a melon sword, star rod, & pumpkin axe when you're a builder & recently joined the server yesterday?

9. bARely_TrYx_HI

bARely_TrYx_HI Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +23
    Wow you had all three of those tools? And you are only a builder? That is incredible I wish i was as fortunate as you when i was a builder

10. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    What I want to know is how he got all 3 for only 200k?

I couldn't even get half of one for that amount.

11. vampire_DBR9

vampire_DBR9 Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    I loaned them for that 200k
    someone donated the star tools(cant remember name)

12. vampire_DBR9

vampire_DBR9 Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    I was encredibly lucky Beeing given them

13. vampire_DBR9

vampire_DBR9 Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been on Eco city for 4 weeks but only the forums for 1 day

14. Eros_Dynami

Eros_Dynami Builder

Ratings:
    +12
    @vampire_DBR9 There are a couple ways for you to prove your legitimacy. First off, you see how I tagged your name at the beginning of my post with the @ sign? Well, the person who gave you those tools must be a really good friend of yours, someone you talk to everyday. Surely you will be able to tag him in a post so he can come verify that he in fact did give you star tools as a builder. Next, tag the person you leant them to for 200k. You knew you were handling very expensive items. Surely you noted his name down so that you would remember it in the future when you wanted to message him for the tools back. If you are unable to tag either of these people, you are lying and that is the end of the discussion.

I really hope you are able to post your good friends name who gave you the tools so that I can ask them all these lovely questions I have. First off, why would he give a builder who has been on the server for less than a month the most valuable items in the game? More so, why did he give them to you without giving a basic tutorial on how to screenshot your trades and make written agreements? Next would be, why start out handing you the best tools without first teaching you how to apply for ranks on the forums. I was able to make resident in three days; surely after four weeks your good friend would have seen in necessary to get you a little upgrade in rank?

Next, I would like to poke a couple holes in your initial posting. The fact that you listed a pumpkin axe rather than a star axe in the list of tools you deemed valuable seems to prove your illegitimacy. The pumpkin axe is only worth about 15k on a good day, 20k if you add fortune to it. This is no where in the league of the star tools, yet you considered it to be paired next to them? I read there that you can't remember who donated the star tools to you, but these lovely star-lending leprechauns don't really exist. The audacity of saying someone simply gave them too you only further piles the evidence of you lying. This simple fact proves how new you are too the server. I myself have only been on the server for a small handful of weeks, but I ask the questions, I gather knowledge. You, claiming to be on for an equal amount of time, yet unable to conclude the very principles and invisible laws of the game shows you're very young and naïve, craving for attention. Desperately trying to suck away some form of attention by any means possible.

I've met people like you before, I know people like you in real life. Considering the track record for people of this nature, you will soon be quitting ECC. You will also leave by spamming curse words and foul references regarding the players of the server. By all means, prove yourself and I will wright an equally lengthy apology for my words. The thing is, we both know you can't. Congratulations on publicly coming out to the server as a compulsive liar. When no one believes you, does it still satisfy your cravings?

-Eros_Dynami

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. bobman3355

bobman3355 Mayor
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +865
    ur best choice is an eff7 and a set of protection 4 armor you can make 20k and hour from that and its great for clearing your mayor town. I own and eff7 and i love it. I did buy a melon sword but it was not that fun and i ended up selling it plus i only made 14k an hour or so with it. The star rod is great for fishing wile watching tv or a movie but isnt a great money maker and only brings in around 10k and hour . so my favorite is eff7 but out of the ones you listed do the melon sword.

16. Eros_Dynami

Eros_Dynami Builder

Ratings:
    +12
    Something I'm personally looking for is a list of the prices of all the star tools. Like cheapest to most expensive? (trying to determine which one I could save for first and leap frog from one to another from there).

17. bobman3355

bobman3355 Mayor
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +865
    they are all between 750k-1mill depending on payment plans and who is selling at the time.

18. pocketMAD

pocketMAD Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +17
    Is that true? A cocoa farm can produce 7.5K/hr with a simple diamond ax. That's just about half, and in the light of how much a melon sword costs, is it really worth it?

Come on, an extra 8.5K/hr for 750,000-1M? I mean, for a resident like me, I find this a heavy rip off.

#18 pocketMAD, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  19. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    If it is such a rip-off... The way you are presenting it, I'm confused with your reaction. Don't get the melonsword as a resident. Laugh at those suckers that do get it. Why are you upset that they spent a fortune to get such a small boost?

#19 Emau, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014