Open chests behind walls.

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by Zylo31, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Zylo31

Zylo31 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +14
    Minecraft Username: Zylo31

Brief Description: Opening unlocked chests, jumping into beds / minecarts / animals / other things you can ride / sit in. All which are behind a wall of 1 square wide.

Instructions:
    1. Walk up to any wall, right up against it, in a protected town in which you think, suspect, or see a chest, oven, etc behind.
    2. Using your fists, or any tool, or anything in your hands, hit the wall or block in front of you.
    3. While hitting the block, spam the use button. (the key you would use to open a chest)
    4. Because you are in a protected town, the block will not be destroyed but instead respawn quick in the spot. If you spam the open key fast enough, a lot of the time you are able to get inside the chest, etc.
    5. Sometimes you may have to do this a couple times 1-4 before it will work but its works constantly.

How many times did you recreate this? I recreated this several times 15+ in someones protected town. The chests were in a house which was locked but I was able to see where along the walls the chests were placed because there was lots of glass. I did not take anything due to it being an exploit and bannable.

Result: Chests and other items are opened, or I can jump into a bed inside someones locked house. I am able to take from the chests or search the house I would otherwise be unable too.

Expected Result: Wall is broken and respawned in the area WITHOUT being able to click behind and open something.

Evidence:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #1 Zylo31, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  2. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    This is quite the bug.

3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    This has been the case for years. Nothing can really be done about it as it's a Minecraft bug.
    You should not be able to open chests that are LWC'ed like this, thus it's always best to ensure you lock all your chests and/or design your house appropriately.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List