new command

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Avowin, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Avowin

Avowin ανσςα∂σ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +607
    I was thinking about giving people items. I then realized that there should be another way to give players their items without throwing it (which could result in a loss or a theft) and without "meeting" to a certain place to get your item in a chest if you cannot leave where you are because it is secret and you have no home there, and you don't want them finding out about it. This is why I suggest the /give command

The /give command would work by the player doing (this is like someone giving to me) /give avowin diamond 3. This would give me 3 diamonds. This would make the travel and the time for getting it less and faster.

I think the /give command would help the economy greatly, as it subtracts the hassle for getting/giving items. Yes, people might still meet each other to trade items, but this would eliminate the time to meet each other and to go through the hassle without tp.
    I think this should be added for all people's use

2. SuperGamerRob

SuperGamerRob Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +3
    This command exists, though it is like creative. You can always use an LWC chest to trade stuff, or do what i do- put up a trade sign, let them click it, then destroy it- use it as a quick safe trade method (also protects from scammers) If it could be implemented with a different command name, maybe '/hand supergamerrob cobblestone 64' hands me 64 cobble. That would work well, though LWC chests & trade signs work just as well.

3. Pilot3101

Pilot3101 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +74
    Yeah do /hand and then it would be better

4. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    I agree that it would be useful, but, just like with accidentally sending money, this could have some problems and could end in people sending others items on accident and just like with the money it would be non refundable.

I will always stand by the fact that a /cmodify chest is the safest way to trade.

Revanrose6

5. Avowin

Avowin ανσςα∂σ

Ratings:
    +607
    I see all the flaws, and I agree that /hand is better than doing /give. Yes, you might be able to be scammed easier and you could give items on accident like money. I have thought about your comments, and I thought of a new command idea instead of /give or /hand. The command would be something like /trade or /transfer, and it would trade items by you doing something like /trade <item name your giving or money> <number of that item> <IGN person> <item or money wanting> <amount>. So lets say I wanted to trade Revanrose6 $200000 for a dragon egg, i would do /trade $200000 revanrose6 dragonegg 1 . Then this would ask if the person wanted to accept the deal. To accept, you would do something like /trade accept, or trade deny. Also if you didn't mean to trade or messed up, you can do /cancel and you would cancel your trade. I think this would be better than the /give or /hand.
    Please comment on this new idea if you wish, or comment on the old idea

6. SuperGamerRob

SuperGamerRob Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +3
    okay the new idea is much much much much much much much better and deserves a +1

7. Avowin

Avowin ανσςα∂σ

Ratings:
    +607
  8. Intellectualist

Intellectualist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +470
    This has been suggested before and Andrewkm always tends to believe that trade should have dangers. (Don't quote me on this though, 90% sure is not a good bet, there's always that 10%)

He designed the server to have users interacting. That's why very few items are sold at spawn, and if they are, at obese prices.

Doing this would eliminate the danger of trade, which I believe should be there. And as always, let me come to the normal answer anyone says when met with a new idea "It causes lag." Which is true...

And as revanrose6 mentioned, items are gonna be spent to the wrong people. Believe me, people are wayyy too lazy with that kind of thing. I end up doing trivia and half the answers go to jasoni12 because people don't want to type my full name.

If we added this, I could basically live in an underground cave and get by. All trade and money would come in like magic. It would also be programming for people, aka, the accept and cancel stuff.

Overall, It's been suggested a lot, and I don't consider it something necessarily good or needed.

#8 Intellectualist, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  9. Avowin

Avowin ανσςα∂σ

Ratings:
    +607
    I see what you mean jason

10. Intellectualist

Intellectualist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +470
    Yeah, and what do you think about it? I'd like to hear your thoughts tbh.

11. Pilot3101

Pilot3101 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +74
    I like this idea!! That would be safer and easier. Andrewkm might want to check this out.

#11 Pilot3101, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013