Denied [Network Wide Suggestion] Enable Conduits [No Conduit Power]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WeirdBuilder, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WeirdBuilder

WeirdBuilder Former StrangeAdmin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,055
    In Game Name:
    WeirdBuilder
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Network Wide
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Enable Conduits [No Conduit Power]
    What are you suggesting:
    I suggest that we enable the placement of conduits and their respective night vision and water breathing effects, with the exception of the 'Haste 1' effect that is included within the 'Conduit Power' buff. The best way that I could see this being done is by removing the 'Conduit Power' buff from conduits entirely and then re-adding the night vision and water breathing effects separately to the conduit's operating radius.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    This would be a fun addition to ECC by making underwater towns easier to both build and live in, increasing town diversity and build options. I'd love to have a town entirely underwater (think Atlantis), but currently, the closest you can get to this is underwater bubbles or pods which act as the available town space. You could add this ability to place conduits in ExtCreationsPlus2 or similar as an incentive to purchase those features, and if not that, then as a town application for, say, 150-250k ECD.
    Other information:
    I'm unsure as to whether or not this modification is an option within the parameters of vanilla minecraft or our specific setup, but I've listed some plugin-based solutions below.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    https://www.spigotmc.org/wiki/beaconplus/

conduitp:
    type: BasicBeaconEffect
    effect: CONDUIT_POWER
    amplifier: 0
    duration: 17
    power-usage: 81
    mode: ONLY_PLAYER
    display: "Conduit Power"
    remove-when-leave: false
    description:
    - "Combination of Water Breathing, Night"
    - "Vision, and Haste effect."

I would imagine it to just be a matter of disabling the other config options, and enabling the conduit-specific configs with the appropriate modifications.

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #1 WeirdBuilder, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  2. yokeby52

yokeby52 Penguin?
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +538
    +1

the idea of the underwater towns sold me, that'd honestly be cool af

3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    +1 if it can be configured to work in towns only

-1 if it can’t

4. WeirdBuilder

Ratings:
    +1,055
    If it would only be enabled to work in towns, then I imagine the town application solution would be the ideal option. Out of curiosity though, what would be your reasoning behind disabling it outside of towns? I'm not sure people would go to the effort to use it outside of towns given the rarity of the resources needed to assemble the multiblock in the first place.

#4 WeirdBuilder, Oct 22, 2019
  5. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    It would be a cheaper Water++ and the feature that has /nv. Underwater ravines yield more exposed ores compared to normal ravines (not to mention shipwrecks, underwater ruins, and underwater treasure chests). Conduits would kill people who bought those features for those reasons

6. WeirdBuilder

Ratings:
    +1,055
    It wouldn't be a cheaper WaterPlus as that feature requires $30USD to obtain, whereas the proposed feature for this ability is ExtCreationsPlus2, which is a total of $90USD. Not to mention, WaterPlus' immunity to drowning is a constant ability whereas you have to be within the range of the conduit to obtain it's water breathing buff. Additionally, you are still prone to suffocation damage via blocks without WaterPlus. Now, if you want to make the argument that access to /nv requires $150USD worth of features through ExtCommandsPlus2, I would counter that with the fact that I can go into my Minecraft configs and turn gamma up for practically the same effect for free.

If I'm trying to mine out shipwrecks, underwater ruins, and underwater treasure chests, I'm going to use WaterPlus + ExtCommandsPlus2/Gamma + Fly(Plus) to do it, which is a total of ~$240-300USD depending on what world you do this in. Frankly, the time/cost ratio isn't worth finding the resources and building a conduit, mining/looting within my predetermined radius, destroying the conduit, and relocating. I suppose this could be a "poor mans WaterPlus + ExtCommandsPlus2 + Fly(Plus)," but I can almost guarantee you that the hourly profits aren't even comparable, as you would spend too much time trying to set it up in the first place. However, I would be willing to do hourly profit tests should I be asked just for the sake of it.

In a similar vein, underwater ravines don't expose so many ores that they would immediately make it a worthwhile endeavor with conduits, and especially so with the hassle that would be moving the conduit every time you found a new ravine. You'd be better off mining normally in that regard.

#6 WeirdBuilder, Oct 22, 2019
  7. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816

As someone who has mostly completed an underwater town project, conduits wouldn't have hugely helped. Night vision as mentioned can counter the darkness, while the invincibility flag effectively works as water breathing.

Furthermore, aqua affinity helmets and depth stricter already assist in movement and mining underwater.

8. Libbyyjo

Libbyyjo Mother of Cats
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +213
    +1
    This pleases FATCARROT

9. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    But not because I don't like the idea. Rn I can make your town drown and damage free with flags. Night vision water breathing and speed adj are all parts of other features that the purchase of keep the server lights on. If he could host the server free I would +1 this in a heartbeat.

10. WeirdBuilder

Ratings:
    +1,055
    I would argue that this suggestion is mainly for newer players without features, not so much for the sake of mining or building underwater, but rather, living there without being unable to see or fear of drowning due to lack of features or enchanted helmets.

Not everybody is going to have /nv on hand, and the invincibility flag requires you to have an equally expensive feature to use. In this situation, I would have builders coming to live in said underwater town. Builders aren't likely to have /nv ($150USD) or water breathing helmets, but I suppose the invincibility flag through TownControl would be a workaround for this. Either way, for the sake of ease on the part of the builders, I think the conduit via the town owner's features/town-application would still be the preferred option.

#10 WeirdBuilder, Oct 22, 2019
  11. Fr0zenTiger

Fr0zenTiger Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,300,000
    Ratings:
    +690
    -1 super cool idea, but I think it would ruin water+

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #11 Fr0zenTiger, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  12. FuriuosGeorge

Ratings:
    +355
    Everyone who has responded gets that. This is an economy server. We either worked hard or paid for the features we have. Giving those features, even as part of an item, because it would be "super cool" is a slap in the face to us and a loss to revenue for the server. Since you are not getting the polite subtle hints let me pay out our arguments for you.

The abilities you want ARE already achievable in game.
    -no drown for town -- get a flag set.
    -night vision -- get potions
    -movement build speeds -- get enchanted items

We all said it would be super cool, but this is a hard core economy server not a creative build one. New players should be jealous of some of the op features. It helps to motivate them to get them themselves.
    Earn and cherish what you have.

13. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Except the stance of "fuck you, I got mine" does no favors for anyone. I'm sure Weird is getting the subtle hints, and ignoring them, because honestly the ones you've brought up here are dumb.

You actually can't compare any of the features listed - are you seriously trying to imply people won't buy a feature because they can stay within a 96 block radius of a block in a town and get the same effect?

14. WeirdBuilder

Ratings:
    +1,055

Pretty much this.

I can appreciate and relate to the argument of working towards features as a goal for players, but the argument of "I have these features available in all circumstances and feel that players possessing the same powers under limited circumstances would both kill their desire to purchase the respective features AND upset me over the fact that they can approach the power of my paid-for abilities" is a ridiculous standpoint to have. As nicit put it,

I will concede that ability to place a conduit anywhere may be a little too difficult to balance around (although I would still find it hard to believe that one could make a profit comparable to the traditional moneymaking avenues, especially when the abilities are specifically NightVision and WaterBreathing), but the ability to place it ONLY in towns is not going to harm the incentive to purchase WaterPlus or ExtCommandsPlus2, and would only be a benefit to the community.

#14 WeirdBuilder, Oct 24, 2019
  15. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Refresh my memory: can you break and replace conduits?

If so, this might be a little OP. If not, then it should be fine since conduits are pretty expensive.

#15 Jdawger, Oct 24, 2019
  16. FuriuosGeorge

Ratings:
    +355
    Conduits are moveable.

So it's not a x block radius.

17. WeirdBuilder

Ratings:
    +1,055
    The conduit's ability only works within a 96 block radius, which I believe is configurable with the plugin I've suggested.

18. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    If they are moveable, then you virtually have the effects throughout the server

19. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    can simply be restricted to the town boundaries itself.

I'm neutral on the whole think, underwater towns sound fun but then you start getting a million non-waterlogged blocks and it looks horrendous. But who knows, might help someone make something cool

20. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    You have to build a structure under each one to fully power it up. Not really easy.

If you're really that concerned then weird's suggestion of making it a town app fully resolves that concern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.