Nether an Aether world pros and cons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grfff3, Aug 29, 2014.

?

15k Worth Aether, Nether or neither of them

1. Aether is totaly worth it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nether is amazing!

80.0%
  3. Hell both of these sucked for me, i would've wanted my money back!

20.0%
  1. grfff3

grfff3 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +3
    I've heard alot about the aether world and nether world and how they sound awesome in each their own ways but most things i don't know. What i know now basicly is that the Aether is a bunch of flying islands and i love those, but that's it, no easy money making or something like that. All i know about the nether is that with a high fortune pickaxe and a good mining spot for quartz you will be rich in no time but how far is it mined? And are there any other good sides to the nether? From my knowledge nobody is around either places much and the rank only shows up in the area so buying the rank as name is outof the question and 20000 seems pretty high to just throw away for the ability to but not using type of thing for a humble farmer/farm owner/sg survivor like me. So basicly what i'm asking here is what YOU think of the Aether and Nether and if it's worth the money. Saying that you will need to have acces to atleast one of these to reply to this thread properly. Also please tell me if you have acces to both if aether, nether or none is best worth it! With helping me out here in the general forums you will maybe help alot of people with choosing between nether or aether or none of those because i will make a guide to decide if i get good and clear answers here. Thank you for reading and if you comment also great thanks for that!
    ~Grfff3

PS: BUYING AETHER AND NETHER PERMS ARE 20k NOT 15 LIKE THE POLL SUGGESTS, sorry!

#1 grfff3, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  2. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,473
    I do not have access to either, however from what I have seen and heard is that it depends alot of your playstyle, if you want to build things, get Aether, if you want to make money, use Nether. However be cautious about the nether, unlike the mining world, PvP is enabled. The nether, like the mining world is reset every month, so you don't have to worry about lack of resources, the Aether does not reset, so if you build something there, it will stay there. Also, keep in mind you can get both ranks in due time, you do not have to pick one or the other. Personally I plan on getting both at some point. Probably Nether first, because I will need quartz for my towns and money.

3. LRP85

LRP85 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +77
    The nether is worth it. I have access to it and can make a lot of money from there.

It is 20k by the way.

4. grfff3

grfff3 Builder

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you ClarinetPhoenix, very usefull information but the buildings wont be safe in the Aether right? All types of griefing can occur legaly and in the nether you can mine your inventory full but if some guy kills you you lost all your newly mined quartz and lost your amazing pickaxe maybe along with some other expensive stuff like fancy armour or loads of cakes. Am i right here or not?

5. grfff3

grfff3 Builder

Ratings:
    +3
    Tank you for replying LRP85! Thank you for pointing that out for me, i changed it right away.

6. LRP85

LRP85 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +77
    Griefing is not legal in the aether.

And yes you can get killed in nether, but I have yet to come across any one in there.

7. LRP85

LRP85 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +77
    Your poll still says 15k.

8. grfff3

grfff3 Builder

Ratings:
    +3
    Ah i see, i'll see if i can change it, i haven't ever changed a poll like that before.
    EDIT: i have no idea how to change poll texts so i'm sorry but i can't change that part. I will edit the main post to be showing that it should be otherwise.

#8 grfff3, Aug 29, 2014
  9. Monkeyz505

Monkeyz505 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +512
    You cannot edit a poll.

I have access to the nether, and it's a nice, quiet place to be. I would buy the basic ranks (Survivor and Pilot) Just so I could have access to the worlds.

10. grfff3

grfff3 Builder

Ratings:
    +3
    Any suggestions on what i should buy first? Nether (with normal pickaxe) or aether (without fly+ or many materials to build with)?

11. LRP85

LRP85 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +77
    Nether for sure.

12. grfff3

grfff3 Builder

Ratings:
    +3
    how exactly do you make alot of money from it? Do you have a very expensive pickaxe with incredibly high fortune on it or a normal diamond pickaxe? And please define alot of money in a way of in this much time you can get this much money. What i've known so far is that you can make 100$ in 1 minute from massive sugarcane farming. So is it about that much sometimes or around?

13. LRP85

LRP85 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +77
    I don't know specifics of how much but quarts sells for quite a bit. I can usually get a few stacks of blocks fairly quickly, half hour maybe, and sell them for over 600 a stack. It also has blocks that people like to build with so you could sell more that way.

14. grfff3

grfff3 Builder

Ratings:
    +3
    Quitte a few i will estimate at 3-4 stacks so that'll be 1800-2400 in 30 min, that makes about 50-80 bucks a minute (very roughly taken) in one minute with a huge size sugarcan farm, you can run through that from 2 blocks left to right woth a speed potion (i get those 4 free from a guy i know) and without speed potions i harvest about 125$ worth of sugarcane in one minute. Untill i find a big sugarcane farm or an area to make one i will not buy nether for 20k. I could maybe make the sugarcane farm in the aether as you said griefing was not allowed there Hmm... Is it allowed to have such farm in the aether?

15. LRP85

LRP85 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +77
    Farms are only allowed for decoration in aether with a small size. Don't remember the dimensions of it.

Also if you can get a blaze spawned they give a lot of exp as well as blaze rods.

#15 LRP85, Aug 29, 2014
  16. Tanman17

Tanman17 Tycoon
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +255
    Personally, I would chose to get nether access first.

The aether is really only used for talented builders who want a space to build amazing structures, and not have to worry about grief. Also, it is very hard to navigate the aether without fly, and could be very risky. There is not really any way to make money in the aether, so, I would not get that first, unless you would really like to build some amazing things.

Nether, on the other hand, is a great way to make money. Once you have a good pickaxe, you could mine quartz. Quartz is actually worth quite a bit, so therefor it is a good money maker. However, just like the aether, the nether is risky. Unless you have pyro+, it is very easy to die to fire/lava. Also, if you get nether, you'll want to have a good weapon and armor, as PvP is enabled in the nether.

All in all, nether would be your best bet. Good luck. :)

#16 Tanman17, Aug 29, 2014
  17. grfff3

grfff3 Builder

Ratings:
    +3
    i can sometimes build amazing things if i have enough space, if something were to be amazing enough could i be able to sell the place to someone for good money you think? And how big are the islands, like 100x100 or way smaller or is it very different?

18. LRP85

LRP85 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +77
    Don't think you can sell something in aether since you don't own property there.

19. Tanman17

Tanman17 Tycoon

Ratings:
    +255
    @grfff3, I am not too sure if you can sell something that you've built in the aether. I do in fact have permissions to go there, but I do not go there often.

About the island size, I am pretty sure they all differ. You'd have to find one that fits what you are planning to build on it. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but you cannot claim land. You just have to build on land that is not in use.

Any type of griefing in the aether will result in a severe punishment, however. This is why users who love to build, go here, for they do not have to worry about there structure being greifed.

20. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    @grfff3
    I think you have a misnomer on the Aether. It is not a place to make money. It is a place to show off your building skills. A place to go outrageous on a build and not worry about town size or grief. This is a decorative place to build only. No mining, no farming, & no pvp.

The Nether is a place to get quartz, get blaze rods. and pvp.

Both are one time purchases. It is really cheap when you think about it. But if it is a lot of money to you, then you might not be ready for them.

Disclosure: I have Nether access, go there maybe once a month and still think it is fully worth it. I do not have Aether access as I am most likely the server's worst builder. I have great ideas in my head, I just can't make them come out quite right.