[Need some tips & tricks for the Nether]

Discussion in 'Basic Tutorials' started by Fr0zenTiger, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Fr0zenTiger

Fr0zenTiger Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,278,500
    Ratings:
    +690
    Thanks to @NutsAndBees and to @LJKAzrael for funding me this nether access! Does someone has some tips & tricks for me? I only know one: don’t mess with lava, it always wins.

2. NutsAndBees

NutsAndBees Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +168
    Invest in Pyro to eventually get Pyro+ which grants you lava and fire immunity. Having that kind of power rules :')
    But in the meantime, yeah, Fire res pots are your best friend. Don't risk playing when you're lagging badly.

Glowstone and quartz are hot sellers, so gather them all!! I've also noticed quartz often spawns within/near magma blocks. Magma blocks themselves are also very good sources of profit by themselves, going for 1ecd per piece, so it's good money while you mine.

3. Fr0zenTiger

Fr0zenTiger Mayor

EcoDollars:
    $4,278,500
    Ratings:
    +690
    Wow I didn’t know that magma blocks were worth so much!
    Is there a lot of pvp in the nether?

4. NutsAndBees

NutsAndBees Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +168
    Not really afaik. I'd say to still be careful with who you're near tho, unless it's people you know you can trust.

5. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    While refreshing lava baths are quite hazardous if taken to extreams. Diamond gear with fire protection and potions stacked if you can't get pyro+

6. Vrrt

Vrrt Unofficial Server Welcomer
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +37
    Setting your home in/near water can also help prevent some deaths due to lingering fire.

7. PyroTechnix_

PyroTechnix_ Professional Coffee Drinker
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +291
    If you become dangerously low on health, stay away from lava and fire pits, if you die you are less likely to permanently lose your items. Oh remember to keep your co-ords displayed at ALL times to make sure if you do die you can find your death location. I suggest also asking a member you trust with many features and decent gear to be around you at most times in case you do get caught up in PvP, then if needs be they can step in and protect you.

#7 PyroTechnix_, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  8. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    If you have ever gotten killed with lava in the mining world then youre in for a crap time in the nether. Lava moves at double the speed and if you arent quick with your /home command then youre dead.
    With large drop offs and lava around every corner- as well as the threat of other players, id recommend going in with the necessary features.

9. Fr0zenTiger

Fr0zenTiger Mayor

EcoDollars:
    $4,278,500
    Ratings:
    +690
    But my parents don't get to spend money on games :(

10. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    you're free to go on into the nether just gotta be hyper vigilant

11. Vrrt

Vrrt Unofficial Server Welcomer
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +37
    The good news is that you don't have to spend irl money to get features. You can always purchase them from players selling features at a typical rate of 6500-7000/USD ($10 feature would be around $65,000-70,000 ECD)

12. Fr0zenTiger

Fr0zenTiger Mayor

EcoDollars:
    $4,278,500
    Ratings:
    +690
    I only have 753 EcoDollars left now so that would be a very long way to that 70000 EcoDollars that’s almost mayor

13. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    Most people leave you alone in the nether. People who go in there want quartz or glowstone. They make far more money off those things then killing you. So I don’t think pvp is a major concern. If you think mining in the nether is something you want to do, I would do what others said, don’t take anything of value in with you. You don’t want to put in money for a fire protect armor and then die in lava. I’d work on getting features you need like pyro+, fly+ for starters. Multihome and tools like fort3 pick is something that will benefit you down the line. I know features cost a good deal, but this is why I suggested doing pumpkin farming for a few weeks. It’s safe, with no risk and you can grind to get the ecd you need for a couple features and a good tool. That’s the name of the game, gotta spend money to make money. It takes a while if you don’t get lucky with lotto or something, which is why this is a “hardcore” economy server. You’ll work your way up to where you want to be, it’s a slow climb, but be patient. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List