My way to success

Discussion in 'Your ECC Goals!' started by BuyLowSeIIHigh, Jan 7, 2015.

1. BuyLowSeIIHigh

BuyLowSeIIHigh Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +41
    I have seen members posting their achievement lists, thought I might do the same, to keep me motivated. This will be a very simple list, and will be updated as I learn more about the game and the town and donation features. The achievements will also have some comments. This thread serves more my personal interest. To read when I feel down, to get the buzz again. But feel free to add.

My Way To Success
    Current Rank: Resident

Stay Active
    This is by far the hardest task for me. And this will be essential in order to complete any other achievement. I have been through dozens of online games. In every game I have managed to make an astonishing start. I used to play a lot of MMORPG-s, when I had more time. I always took my character build seriously from the very first moment. I try to avoid any mistakes at the early stages. Because as we know, growth tends to be exponential, meaning that the sooner you get on the proper starting platform, the sooner your wealth gets through the early stages of slow growth. My problem here is that I like to build. By that I mean build start-ups. My characters always grow rapidly, in the most efficient way. Once my character has been through the early stages and is ready to become seriously successful, I often consider my work done (loose interest) and I drop it for another project. It's like I feel that I have understood how success over here works, and I just loose interest. I will try and not let this happen again and for once, properly finish what I started.

Efficiency 7 pick
    While I am not entirely sure yet if I will go for The Pick or a melon sword first, I think it will still be the eff7. I like to mine, and I don't like to farm (I have a pump axe). But when I mine, I don't like to sell. So this is a tricky situation. Even getting the 750K to buy either of them, will be tricky. While at first I was selling everything I mined, at some point I started keeping diamonds, iron and gold. I am also storing all the exp. Now i have so many diamonds, iron and exp, that I don't want to sell them anymore. So me getting the 750K is going to take a lot more time than I first thought. I don't like to sell at all to be honest. I have loads of stuff I have found in my 2 weeks of playing. Currently my bal is 160K.. I have about 80K in diamonds and iron. about 50k in exp. And some more in name tags, cd-s horse armors etc. what I have found. To get an eff7 and not sell anything, it will take me another 8 weeks(the least). Which is a long time with no real progress. There is a chance it may cause me to loose interest, but as stated in previous point, will not let that happen. But there is another problem. Collecting 10 weeks and then spend it on eff7, while I don't like to sell my mining goodies, might be a bit of a waste. Why am I not getting a Mayor? Why am I not buying any donations? Because I want to get a proper tool first, to start making some proper dough. While keeping mining goodies I am not making any dough. So maybe I have to reconsider and get a melon sword instead. Because by that time I probably have a lot of diamonds and iron anyways... But I don't like to farm.. Oeh. If you are reading this, leave a comment, eff7 or a melon sword.

Multihome, /back and Water
    Well this was planned to go with the eff7... You know what, maybe I should just stop collecting stuff. From now on, I will keep what I have so far, but I will start selling my mining goodies until I have made enough income to actually afford keeping goodies.. For these features I might use ECC dollars and may start pouring in some real greenbacks, I like to give back.

Fly
    I built my current house, maybe 13 blocks high or something (add the roof), without fly. I don't want to do that again.

Mayor
    With the eff7 and the above features I think I am all set for braking above the poverty level. I will try and collect couple hundred K-s before reaching this milestone. As soon as I reach Mayor, I want to start with my first town project. As far as I understand here, only Builders and Residents come to live in towns. Unless you have a really good brand name where wealthy want to own property. Since I do not have that yet, I understand that Builders and Residents wont bring in much more money than my eff7. Therefore I can create just the city I like, without feeling much guilt on missing out some revenue. I want to build a nice hideaway from the busy city lights. With a lake, a hill, a lot of trees and some very nice cottage-styled villas. Build an exercise track around the lake, and so own. I really don't know exactly how much I can build on one city lot, so this project may not entirely come out as I expect, at least not before I reach President.

So this is it.. for now. It's simple, as said before. There is definitely more comments than I first intended. But that's good, for me at least. To return and read my thoughts and dreams when I am feeling down.

I still don't know much about the game, to make any more real achievements. Most of the time in-game I am buried under ground, I haven't been wondering around much to learn about the end part of this server. I have visited the city of Epicure and was awed..

I do know that I want more and I have my secret dreams, but I do not know yet how to interpret them in this system. Once I learn more I will update this post.

Before I end, I wish to thank my best, and I think so far only, friend here @jffsprs who has thought and helped me a lot. I can't wait to give back, and I hope he will be part of my future projects. When I first entered this server, I thought I was going to do as my name says, buy low and sell high. jff thought me to hold my horses and start working. I know now that the best money, in my current situation, can be made by either mining or farming (I don't lotto). Once I have settled in with my Nation and there is not much left where to sink my money, I may start working on alternative ways of making money. Buying low and selling high is the more effective the more funds you have anyways.

2. TimmyChoi

TimmyChoi Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +226
    I wanna live in your town :3

3. a18greek18

a18greek18 Former EcoLeader
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    Hint: Get higher herbalism and farm nwart for 36k/hour

4. BuyLowSeIIHigh

BuyLowSeIIHigh Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +41
    36k/hours sounds a little optimistic, don't you think? Unless you know something I don't.. @a18greek18

5. a18greek18

a18greek18 Former EcoLeader
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    I'm the money master... When you play long enough you'll learn how to make money faster.

#5 a18greek18, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  6. BuyLowSeIIHigh

BuyLowSeIIHigh Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +41
    Is there a place/site where all information about towns is gathered? I have searched the wiki page, but it wont answer my very noob questions. So I will try here.

• What is the maximum size of a single town plot? If that is 200x200, that is 200 by 200 blocks, right?
    • Will there be any build limits above/below ground? (Can't go past y=0 obviously)
    • When I get a President, is there a way to get the two towns next to each other, meaning create a 400x200 plot? (considering max is 200x200) Can I even walk from one town to another without using gate/spawns?
    • Is there any way to make a bigger plot than the considered maximum 200x200? (Would be nice if you include the costs, I am sure it will not be cheap) Any ways to link spawn towns to it, or whatever.. ANY way?
    • Can I 'skip' Mayor? Meaning I apply for Mayor and President at the same time, pay both fees and receive two towns and a President rank. Or is it required to spend certain amount of time on Mayor rank?
    I think that's about it for now. If anybody has created or knows a good tutorial for town noobs like me, please show me the way.

Ok I found something.. I have to scout the land and find a place where I create my town... i am such a noob.

1) Can that be on water?
    2) Can I have towns next to each other?

#6 BuyLowSeIIHigh, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  7. Delucaco

Delucaco Station 64 Swag
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +358
    1) Yes, the max size of a town is 200*200 (secret insider tip: most towns are 201*201 because the coordinates are 200 apart).

2) There are no build limits for you other than those set by Minecraft itself. However, you can impose restrictions on your town residents yourself.

3) Yes you can put your two towns side by side and walk between them seamlessly (I have 11 towns joined together and the only way I can tell them apart is via /rg i).

4) The only way to make a town bigger than 200*200 is by purchasing more than one town. In terms of linking your towns to spawn, a spawn-town portal costs 75k and linking your own towns together via portals costs $20,000*#of portals needed. However, if you wanted to link your town to a town that is near spawn but is not officially yours then you're out of luck as that's not possible.

5) Yes, you could "skip" all of the ranks and go straight from builder-->ecolegend assuming you had the ~9m to pay for the ranks and everything would go just as if you applied for them with months in between.

6) Towns can be anywhere in legacy/rising as long as they are not within 50 blocks of a neighbouring town (this can be bypassed if the town owner okays it in your town app) so yes, they can be on water.

7) Finally, yes they can. Your towns do not have to abide by the 50 block rule as it's your own town/

8. BuyLowSeIIHigh

BuyLowSeIIHigh Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +41
  9. Falconaire

Falconaire Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,416
    You have two friends actually. We buds after the work you did in Barclays :D

10. BuyLowSeIIHigh

BuyLowSeIIHigh Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +41