Mob spawning constantly broken

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by tekblade, Jan 12, 2019.

1. tekblade

tekblade Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +12
    Hello,
    Mob spawning is currently broken in skyblock. Many users reporting no mobs in dark areas, slime chunks or mob spawners for several hours now.

Please help.

2. tekblade

tekblade Builder

Ratings:
    +12
    Update, noticed when I went to the end for a while, when I came back a had 1 spider. mob spawner had 1 skeleton and dark area of island had one skeleton. then nothing for several nights cycling. went to the nether for a while, and slime farm seems to get 1 slime every 5-10 mins.

3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    @BobbyBlack @Austinnnnnn can you two please communicate with @tekblade in game and see if there is anything wrong with his setup. @tekblade unless we get more in depth reports as to what's going on, it's very hard to try and help with this. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

@BobbyBlack @Austinnnnnn please give us an update once you check the setup out.

#3 andrewkm, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  4. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Same issue happened last reset. when people get mob farms up and going the natural mob spawning decreases. @andrewkm

the witch spawner on your island spawns one witch at a time due to how you have the spawner placed right against the roof. lower it 2-3 blocks and it will spawn more mobs.

5. tekblade

tekblade Builder

Ratings:
    +12
    The issue I am reporting is not concerning any spawners placed on the island. I am referring to the mob grinder type of farm, my slime chunk, and mobs in general that do not appear on my island at night. I do not have any light sources on my island and still do not get mobs to spawn anywhere other than after leaving the island to go to another dimension, and then when I return, I get 1 or 2 mobs, that is it.

I only returned to server about a week ago, and just started building heavily the last few days. The first day, mobs spawned at night as expected. Once I built the mob farm, it spawned a few at a time and worked as expected, then it stopped. Someone in chat said it was their fault because of mobs on their island, and they took a long time to clean them up, then spawns returned. Unnbearable says his mob farm also only gets 1 or 2 mobs after hours of staying near it.

I don't know the limits of the server in terms of mob spawns and how spawner blocks effect it, but I have witnessed a change based on the comments from general chat.

6. Snake_Plisken404

Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +11
    I see the same issue.

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Mob spawning range from player increased from 3 -> 4
    Mob spawns increased from every 20 ticks (1 second) server wide -> 5 ticks (0.25 second) server wide.
    Mob spawn limits increased from 24 -> 70. (This is a very difficult value to explain when it comes to how exactly it works - refer to https://bukkit.gamepedia.com/Bukkit.yml#monsters)

This is a major upgrade from our previous mob spawn allowances. We will not push it further, and should SkyBlock lag for us in the upcomming days, these changes will be reverted.

I recommend using spawners for your mob farms.