Minor correction to the "Network Rules" page

Discussion in 'ECC Wiki Team & User Submissions' started by Expipiplusone, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    I can't change that particular page myself, so here's a request/suggestion for someone higher than me to do it.

I won't write here all the details as they are not much relevant, but ask me or Jamie if you want to know more.
    Long story short, I misinterpreted the rules and created some temporary redstone clocks in my build for the contest, where "temporary" meant In my head "non-permanent" (they were going to be demolished in less than a week, after all) while in the head of who wrote the rules meant "not continuously on".
    That was obvious retrospectively, however I think it could be made even more obvious with a minor change to the phrasing.

Substitute this:
    with this:
    That's the small but important part.
    In addition, I think it could be a good idea to define what short means: less than two seconds? One minute? Five minutes? The trade channel rules envisage a precise minimum amount of time between ads, so I think that also the maximum amount of time a clock stays on should be clear. But of course this number should be recommended by someone with a technical knowledge, not just anyone in the wiki-team or even staff for what matters.

P.S: in no way am I dumping my responsibility for what happened, I was stupid when I misinterpreted that rule. But the mother of stupidity is always pregnant, so it's never bad to make things even clearer.

#1 Expipiplusone, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016