Mining Study

Discussion in 'Basic Tutorials' started by phoxtrot, Jul 3, 2019.

1. phoxtrot

phoxtrot Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7
    Purpose- To determine how much ECD you can earn with mining within any given time.

Result: In a 30 minute time-frame, using diamond pick-ax with efficiency III and fortune III, and diamond shovel, I was able to mine the following: 71 coal, 150 iron ore, 94 redstone dust, 13 gold ore, 12 lapis, and 18 diamond resulting in a total profit of 5,411 ECD. In addition, I earned approximately 700EXP and 6 McMMO levels.

Disclaimer: I started with an McMMO level of 126 for mining and used the super breaker. Also, I have the commandplue feature, so I was able to self-repair as I went. I only carried four items with me which resulted in 32 empty slots for ore and once I became full, I would sell the cobblestone and other cheaper materials back to the server which probably resulted in about 100ECD.

I did start on the surface, so my first task was to dig a stair way down to 3 about bedrock. If I set me home to an already established mine, I could have saved a few minutes. Once at the height I wanted, I simply mined in one direction, only one block wide and two blocks high. I would only stop for ore and skip over anything of lesser value. I also simply turned 90 degrees if I hit lava.

I hope this helps newer people figure out the best method to earn extra money!

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
    #1 phoxtrot, Jul 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  2. LukeyCrafter

LukeyCrafter Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, thank you!

3. Raynac

Raynac Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    I should make one of these for sand

I make 700+ a trip and with eff3-5 filling up on sand takes less than 5 minutes

4. postwarpreston

postwarpreston Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +47
    Buy perms to /warp farm cost 10k and you make 20-24k on hour

5. Alyad

Alyad Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks for this! It would be interesting to see an average of multiple mining sessions.