Denied [Main Server Suggestion] Adding colours to trade signs.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Matejake, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matejake

Matejake President. Ozzy lover
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $100,000
    Ratings:
    +131
    In Game Name:
    Matejake
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Adding colours to trade signs.
    What are you suggesting:
    I suggest adding a green colour for items or EcoDollars that are placed in the trade signs. When someone wants to check his/her shop and doesn't have time to go one by one, looking at every single sign, a striking colour in the number of items placed in your trade signs will be very helpfull to help the dealer, the trader, go to the main objective,... collect their profits, restock empty signs,...
    So to summary up, it will be nice if trade signs with items inside placed by a client could have a, for example, green colour, and the ones that were not clicked or used yet (the ones that have a 0 at the second line, after the ":" ), have the usual colour, black.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    It will make the server look more attractive for new players, that will see that their developers make efforts in getting it more polished each day. But not only that, it will also help players to see their developers still care about main and still want to improve it.
    Not only will be something to see and say, oh well, this is cute, and then keep going ahead. This could be something that, in my humble opinion, most of players would like.
    This is a good addition because small things and small details always achieve big results, and although even all of this doesn't sound important enough, I hardly believe it does. Doesn't matter the work it cost. I usually start thinking about how many hours and how many people were working untill today to reach where we are and I see that the result couldn't be posible without working ideas.
    Other information:
    I don't know how could this be made, but maybe in the next 1.13 version, developers could implement this idea.
    If any other information not well explained pops up let me know and I will try to explain my idea the times it's necessary.
    Thank you for your reading time spent.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    None.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. zevzero

zevzero Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,847
    This is good. This will make the server more attractive. More attractiveness results in increased realism. If we can get our players to believe the game is real, they will stay in it and we will have ultimate control over them. Together, we can rebuild the matrix.

3. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Not physically possible with the trade sign system. When I eventually get around to replacing it we can investigate this, but until then it's not feasible.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    This will not happen.

I hate trade signs. Eventually I want to dump the system and go for something different completely, maybe even implementing chest shop from the SkyBlock server into the Main server, to run along side trade signs.

And one day, with enough warning in advance, perhaps finally remove trade signs once and for all, as the entire system is just messy and old. It simply doesn't work with many new items/potions etc. This is not something we will fix, as we'd continuously be patching a broken system that just won't work with already implemented and future Minecraft changes.

#4 andrewkm, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.