[Main] /fly suggestion

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by Jdawger, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I've been switching from the main server to the skyblock server (and vice versa), and noticed something: my Y-value gets saved in skyblock when I use fly, but not in the main server (as it forces me to the block under me and cancels my /fly).

So, my suggestion is: Have the same version of /fly that we have on skyblock in the main server (the one that saves the Y-Value)

(Also, please move to the appropriate section if needed. Idk if this is a bug or intentional)

#1 Jdawger, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  2. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $17,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    I ran a few experiments regarding /fly about a year (or more? I'm not sure.) ago because logging out in midair has killed me multiple times in the past.

Here's what I managed to figure out back then:
    When you log in while flying, you drop a few blocks; based on experience this may vary between 0 and ~40 blocks (and it appears to be somehow related to the current ping). If you're less than ~2-3 blocks above the ground, /fly will be disabled.

If I recall correctly, I have experienced the same behavior on Skyblock (which sounds logical to me because I'd assume the main server and SB use the same plugin).

At this point I have no idea whether this is intended behavior or a bug.

3. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Both use the same config within essentials.
    No difference.

4. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Ok cool. Yeah, I changed my flying parameters to match what 314 said and it seems to work the same too.

5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I have moved this to help/support and will assume you have fixed the issue you were experiencing?
    Please let us know.

I've tried hopping around servers with my /fly enabled and cannot get it to make me fall on a specific server.

#5 andrewkm, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018