Denied [Main City Server Suggestion] Trial Star Tool Kits

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Videowiz92, Dec 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Videowiz92

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,183
    In Game Name:
    Videowiz92
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main City Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Trial Star Tool Kits
    What are you suggesting:
    In another suggestion thread about lowering star tool cost, bobthegnome1 jokingly suggested that star tools be added to /kit starter. This got me thinking - why not make trial star tools that are account bound? This could be done through a kit that gives players the opportunity to see what the power of a star tool has and to work towards the end game goal of achieving one.

The kit could either have a 1 time use per account or be on a ridiculous cooldown timer (weeks, months, or even years.) The tools could be wooden versions of the star variants without Unbreaking and be given the Curse of Vanishing and Curse of Binding enchants to prevent them from being traded.

Even for those with the ExtCommandsPlus feature, these tools would serve as a weaker version of the actual star tools and wouldn't be viable to keep repairing. The tools could have a lore attached that explains the the tools are a weaker version of the "fabled" star tools and advertises the star shop to help new players into understanding what to work towards on ECC.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I think this could be helpful in explaining to new users what our exclusive Star Tools offer by giving them a chance to try out a weaker version of them. Nothing too overpowered that would break the Star Tool economy --- they would be account-bound --- and they wouldn't be worth repairing since they can't break decent ores.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. communism1

communism1 Kingfish
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    +1 yaas

3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,270
    If this does happen, make them the normal diamond tools with lowered duribility, not wooden tools since they can’t mine ores then.

4. communism1

communism1 Kingfish

Ratings:
    +355
    Couldn't you just erep it then?

5. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,270
    You can erep Wood too

6. Videowiz92

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,183
    This. We don't want to be giving away star tools. Unless ereps can be blocked for certain tools.

7. Videowiz92

Ratings:
    +1,183
    Yes but wood tools wouldn't break as fast as diamond and you wouldn't make as much out of the limited materials you could mine.

8. communism1

communism1 Kingfish

Ratings:
    +355
    ^ this

#8 communism1, Dec 25, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  9. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $27,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    Interesting idea in theory, not feasible in practice.
    The problem is that it doesn't prevent trading at all.

Curse of Vanishing only triggers upon death and has no effect on throwing the tool.
    Curse of Binding only applies to equipped items, i.e. items in armor slots. You can still remove CoB items from your normal inventory and drop them or place them in chests like normal items.
    (Fun fact: It's even possible to remove CoB items from armor slots given specific conditions.)

To make those tools non-tradeable, the server would have to ensure they are automatically removed when exiting the inventory, which includes both normal methods like dropping, moving to chests, ..., as well as special methods like /auc, /trade, ...

#9 314, Dec 26, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  10. communism1

communism1 Kingfish

Ratings:
    +355
    I do not see why it shouldn't be tradable, or why it needs to disappear when you die or throw the tool, as it would be SO inconvenient to use long term, if it were a wooden pick.

11. Videowiz92

Ratings:
    +1,183
    Thanks for clarifying, I tend to avoid the cursed enchants so I wasn't entirely sure how they worked. I'm sure if the idea is good enough to pass that some work can be made to prevent it from being traded.

12. communism1

communism1 Kingfish

Ratings:
    +355
    I'm frankly confused as to the need for them to be not tradable. Surely it wouldn't matter, as it IS a wooden pick, and everyone would have access to them once.

13. Videowiz92

Ratings:
    +1,183
    My thought is that it's meant as a trial to show off the star tools, not be another tool that's added to the economy.

14. communism1

communism1 Kingfish

Ratings:
    +355
    Would something that everyone has access to add to the economy in any way? Or would it be like kit starter stuff?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  15. Videowiz92

Ratings:
    +1,183
    Valid point. I'm thinking more a kit starter thing but something that has a longer cooldown. But if everyone had access to it I guess it really wouldn't matter since then you could fallback to using kit starter tools when the wooden tools run out.

16. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    How about just renting? I see many advertised on trade.

17. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    This^

If people really want to test out star tools, they can rent them for a couple K. Heck people like koko would probably just let them use it for a few mins free! As interesting as this is, it’s completely unneeded. -1

18. Mcguy65

Mcguy65 Dirt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +631
    -1 rent it

19. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    -1 you can rent tools if you want a trial. Many people rent their tools. It isn't worth soending time to make this

20. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,270
    Here’s the problem I see:

- If you use diamond tools, then people could repair them (or auto repair them) for a full star tool.

- If you use wooden tools, it wouldn’t be considered a good trial tool since, for example, wooden pickaxes can only mine coal (and maybe lapis but I don’t remember). It cannot mine diamond, emerald, gold, iron, or red stone. This is the same with leather armor as even with all the enchants, leather armor sucks at protection and wouldn’t be good as a quality trial.

- Star tools like the rod, trident, elytra, and shield do not have a lower tier crafting recipe and therefore cannot have a good trial version as suggested.

TL;DR even if Andrew does like this idea, I cannot see how this could be implemented to a quality standard. The only way I can see is if they cannot be repaired or traded, but that would require a crap ton of recoding that I’m sure Andrew and Super would not want to do.

#20 Jdawger, Dec 26, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.