Denied [Main City Server Suggestion] Purpur Block Price

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KC_Huntsman, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KC_Huntsman

KC_Huntsman Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    In Game Name:
    KC_Huntsman
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main City Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Purpur Block Price
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting raising the price of purpur blocks up to $4 since they were recently lowered from $10 to $1.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    This would be good as the change just makes end cities only purpose to get there as soon as possible, get the elytra, dragon heads, check chests and leave. There isn't any motivation to try to mine out all the purpur and stay longer. The $10 was unbalanced because it turns a $4 dollar chorus fruit into $10 with no effort. However the new $1 just kills any reason to mine purpur.
    Other information:
    This isn't a major thing but I think it would bring some motivation to treat the cities as more important and get them mined out as well as have more people in the end.
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. samiwarbler

samiwarbler Sheep Queen
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +552
    I still can't wrap my head around this... let's ignore the fact that you can mine an end city and focus on the chorus aspect

But if you take 4 chorus fruit, smelt it, and make the purpur blocks, you are losing money, right?

One $4 chorus fruit, once smelted and crafted with three others ($16 total worth not to mention smelt time if you don't have the command) now makes four $1 blocks. So in the end you now take $16 dollars of raw chorus fruit and make $4 of purpur blocks.

3. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Popped Chorus is what makes purpur blocks, popped chorus is 1:1 to purpur block now. Popped Chorus fruit is $1, 1 purpurblock is $1
    4 popped chorus makes 4 purpur blocks. $4 = $4, 1:1
    Block crafting isn't supposed to be profitable tbh, Grinding certain things are. The end is really meant for farming Chorus.
    Wanna profit from Chorus, farm Chorus fruit, which in its non-smelted form is still $4/fruit.

The end is the only way to get purpur blocks, its still a limited supply, changing the price doesn't change demand. People will want the blocks if they want to build with them

#3 ClarinetPhoenix, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.