Denied [Main City Server Suggestion] Fly++

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cjmk75, Nov 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjmk75

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +59
    In Game Name:
    cjmk75
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main City Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Fly++
    What are you suggesting:
    I believe that we should add a new donation feature to the shop as another extension onto fly+ that would allow for users to mine blocks while flying at the same rate as if they were standing on the ground. It is super annoying while mining when you cant reach a material you want so you fly up to get it only to have to wait so long to actually mine the material.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I believe that this would be a good addition to EcoCityCraft because not only would it help improve the current fly donation features experience, but this would also bring in more revenue to our server. There are also many supporters who have already purchased most if not all the current features available so this would give them another option as well.
    Other information:
    If you do decide to add this feature and it turns out being a success, you could also consider adding another water++ feature to do the same thing by eliminating how long it takes to mine blocks while you are under water. Note: I am not trying to turn this into two suggestions I'm saying that it could be used as a test to see if it would be worth making one for water as well.
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Jose0213

Jose0213 Ex-Senior SuperMod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +264
    +1 Sounds like a good idea
    I don't know of any plugins that allow this, so it may have to be custom.

3. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,031,351
    Ratings:
    +290
    Seems a bit too OP when clearing towns is already a highly sought after service.
    Also makes star shovels useless because it would be more expensive to get a star shovel than fly++
    Makes mining with an eff7 far too powerful as you can dig up far more if you're flying up and down, and ravines will become far too easy to clear out
    This is supposed to be a hardcore economy server. Obviously we need donations for the server to run, but a donation which allows people to basically insta-break almost any blocks while flying at any speed with no restrictions would make everything far too easy.
    EDIT: I almost forgot tree-farming. Tree farming is already one of the best ways to make money on the server, and this would allow people to make even more money with it if people use /fly and /speed 10. This feature would be ridiculously powerful and make far too many aspects of the server even easier.

#3 Natelev, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  4. cjmk75

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +59
    Star tools already allow for insta break with /speed so the only difference is you could do it while flying, therefore, I believe it would take almost the same amount of time to clear land because either way you have access to speed 10 and instabreak. This feature would not eliminate the star shovel at all as the only reason I bought a star shovel on archive was to use speed 10 with it. Thank you for your input though :D

5. Mcguy65

Mcguy65 Dirt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +631
    The only way to break blocks quicker in the air is to have a higher level of efficiency (Example a star shovel) Star shovel max out on efficiency at 5 on every block in the game (you can break with a shovel) Thats why you can break blocks in the air with the star shovel (dirt an shit) In order to be able to break stone an logs with a star axe or star pick (or a eff5, any efficiency) you would need a higher level of efficiency.
    Just how the game works.

Even if this would work (some how) I am gonna say -1 just sit on the block you want to break (or build up to it)

6. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,031,351
    Ratings:
    +290
    As someone who has two mountainous towns, one of which I've nearly finished clearing, you're completely wrong. A higher speed helps a lot with clearing flat terrain, but this feature would make it so much faster to clear terrain that isn't flat. I've had a lot of trouble clearing random floating islands in the air, cliffs, platforms hanging over air, and even just regular hills. You can't even compare /speed to this for terrain that isn't flat.

7. padsen

padsen Glory to Arstotzka!
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,643
    -1. Far too broken.

Speed 10 sprint fly 2×1 shaft across an entire world...

Not having to stand somewhere when mining sides or ravines...

Clearing is suddenly insanely easy; Rip max shovel...

A new plugin would have to be made/found...

Also, complete p2w. By getting this your ecd/hour while mining would go up quite a bit, further the poor rich gap.

I'm not a fan.

8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Messing with vanilla fly/block break mechanics never works very well

9. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    I agree with all the responses in this thread.
    Not happening.

PS: It’s funny how my mind changes when I read suggestions.

I started out with
    - oh that’s neat
    - oh wait hmm
    - oh no yeah that’s a good point
    - oh definitely no
    - yeah not happening :p

This is why user input is so important on suggestions :). 75%+ of the time I make my decisions on the responses I see since I personally don’t play minecraft much and don’t know the mechanics like you guys.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.