Denied [Main City Server Suggestion] Allow Converted Drowned to drop Tridents

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by EtherealSquid, Jan 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EtherealSquid

EtherealSquid Former ServerAdmin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,155
    In Game Name:
    EtherealSquid
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main City Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Allow Converted Drowned to drop Tridents
    What are you suggesting:
    Because "Converted" Drowned are created through a zombie spawner, they do not have any chance of holding a Trident to drop. I convert zombies to drowned because they have a chance to drop gold ingots rather than iron ones, but I feel that they should also have a slim chance (maybe 1% or 0.5%) to drop tridents. Naturally spawned Drowned are very hard to find right now due to the lack of mob spawns from low light in the mining world, which makes tridents incredibly rare at the moment.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Tridents are very rare right now and as a result are also very expensive. Because this isn't a PvP server, they don't actually provide much use as anything more than an economic stimulus. Mob farming is a relatively slow way to get money unless you find a good double spawner setup, so this may make it more worthwhile. The cost of tridents also would eventually decrease as they become less rare and this would make the drop rate to $$ conversion much more fair as well.
    Other information:
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Mcmmo, I believe.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    -1 i dont see a reason to make tridents a super common item. This change just seems like it will destroy what value the trident has

3. EtherealSquid

EtherealSquid Former ServerAdmin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,155
    The drop rate could be lower, even down to maybe 1 drop per 500 killed or something more extreme if necessary. Tridents are currently incredibly rare, and I agree they should stay rare at the very least, but they are practically unobtainable right now due to mob limitations. I know of only three players that have them.

4. Pellagia

Pellagia Ecoleader
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +785
    Tridents commonly sell for less than $10,000, I wouldn't call them that rare. I have three myself. It's very easy to pick them up after mining resets when trident-wielding drowned spawn naturally.

5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I am inclined to agree with not altering McMMO to mess with their current natural value.
    We reset the mining world every beginning of the month. They should not be too hard to get during fresh resets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.