Denied [Main City Server Suggestion] Add /Repair Function to /Trade

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jmichael214, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmichael214

jmichael214 Back Again, Apparently
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    In Game Name:
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main City Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Add /Repair Function to /Trade
    What are you suggesting:
    Add a way for players with e-reps to repair other players' tools inside the /trade interface.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    As it is, e-reps require players either to physically exchange the tools in the same spot, or to use /trade to send them over, have them repaired, and send them back. This requires a certain level of trust, and is inefficient. If a player with e-reps could repair the tool(s) without them ever changing hands, wouldn't that be neat?
    Other information:
    Due to my profound ignorance of all things computer, I fully expect this suggestion to get rejected because it's impossible. But if so ... would there be some other way to achieve the same goal?

I heard this idea in chat. I think (not totally sure) that credit for this thought goes to @techy88
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Presumably the /repair thing and the /trade thing.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. techy88

techy88 Tech-savvy Nub
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +262
    @jmichael214 while I like the idea,and do recall discussing it in chat, might be very difficult to incorporate together safely. i doubt I'm the first player to have thoughts about it, albeit perhaps the first to ask about it in chat. :p

3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I'll completely bypass the enormous amount of development work that would be required to properly integrate this into our external /trade system, there are a good 4+ other reasons why I would simply not approve this. Sorry, but I am not looking to change the system we currently have. You are welcome to suggest other alternatives you believe may be plausible in relation to the repair system and repairing tools for others, however this one specifically will unfortunately be denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.