Magnolia Apprenticeship Program

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HelixInsight, Jun 25, 2020.

1. HelixInsight

HelixInsight Surgeon
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,280
    Hey everyone,

Recently I've seen many new players come and go because they were discouraged by the intricacies of the server. Though hardcore and complex in nature, ECC should have some members who can alleviate this issue.

I have been playing for 7 years so far and have fulfilled my ambition of making a ton of money. Now I want to help others do the same and get their ECC life off the ground, because this community was vibrant and bottom-heavy in terms of new players that stuck around and leveled up.

Thus, this apprenticeship program is being founded. Over the next few weeks I will be having building projects, buyback programs, subsidized housing and more opportunities for builders to apply for.

All opportunities below will come with my guidance, advice, and network you can leverage (this is kinda big and fancy but basically it means I will try and reach out on your behalf to other affluent players who are sympathetic to the cause).

My goal is for all apprentices to gain at least Resident or Mayor and at least [$] through EcoDollars.

If the apprentice as a Resident wants to become a Mayor with a significant level of my help, I will pay for 50%, 75%, or 100% of the town and based on that may ask that I become a permanent co-owner with rights to town transfer, keeping the original apprentice as a continual co-owner.

Through these partnerships perhaps we can create a megacity together, or a connected network with lots of players milling about throughout the entire city or cities. I want a brighter future for ECC and am willing to make this happen in my free time apart from my real life endeavors for people who are TRULY committed to making a lot of progress on this server. At the same time, I realize this is a big endeavor and this may not have a lot of success, so I'm looking for a Board of Advisors as well to help me make this a reality.

At the end of the day, this is also a game. So, there isn't a lot of pressure nor should we take this insanely seriously. But, to make a real difference, some level of commitment must be needed for this to work out. Think of this as your hobby, learning how to build soft skills because I can verifiably tell you that this server has given me many skills including increasing my ability to deal with others, make social connections, network, learn about personal finance and money management, creativity, and learn about the real world.

Just as the Uncensored Library used Minecraft as a platform to make positive change, so can ECC.

The current opportunities will be as follows:
    I have 1 inn that can support 6 players each to keep their temporary goods in. It's completely empty and you can keep your chests there. However, if you're offline for more than a week (without notice) I will LWC it and give it to other builders.

Board Member - provides beneficial opportunities for apprentices to make this happen. Will also get substantial recognition for helping making the program a possibility.

Experienced Builder: I am looking for new players of the [Builder] or [Resident] rank who are good at building and would like to make money doing that. Two ways to benefit from this so far are:

- you build a house, and if you want to live in it the land and materials will be at a 5k (pay back whenever) cap.
    -you build it but want to sell it, and I will take 20%.

-you build a market for me, and I pay you 30-70k based on the size, though it will already be vetted for skill level.

Houses, markets, custom builds for others, will all be leveraged. Custom builds I will not take a cut of.

Materials Gatherer: You will be in charge of finding materials for my town and in exchange will receive 30% extra money than /sell hand. This is entry-level in nature but will provide people the opportunity to get started very quickly.

Desired opportunities based on other players' partnerships:

Discounted farm perms for builders: I will subsidize 50% of the farm perms that cost 10k and under and larger farms I will give at my discretion.

Plots. My current projects cannot support plots so for those that need temporary housing, I need a pipeline where I can send my apprentices for homes, but where I can look over them. If we can create a separate "apprentice" section in your town, it will be appreciated, and you will receive equal recognition for it as well.

I was thinking for the above, like an apprentice village exclusively for my apprentices. All the recognition for you but I would do all the work after the land is provided.

Suggestions are welcome! Please let me know if you have more opportunities you can add to this list.

Application

Name:
    Reason for wanting to join the apprenticeship:
    Clear goals to accomplish on this server:
    Thoughts on the server or this program:
    Requests for further opportunities that you are good at and want to get paid for:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #1 HelixInsight, Jun 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2020